User Tag List

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Interesting Flemeth. My offers on eggs and chips were both for 1.49 so I picked up the eggs as they are never that cheap here. We certainly pay more out here for groceries I think. Either that or SDM likes you better than me-lol.
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.

i have a fulll day of housework today, and movie and mending to do .
    a friend is having a epicure party.. so i am working on herb and spice order as well. alot of thier products have low to no salt.

the girls and i have decided that this week is a use up stuff kinda week . next week is my rcss order... and it is a bonus points week , so i am hoping to do well.

just going to have a bit of a quiet day.
    tomorrow i am doing a shoppers 20 x shop. get milk ect.
    work on my menu plan for the week . prob more mending, i let that one get away from me a bit...

have fun all
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi all

This morning i went to shoppers at 11.00 a.m of course i had to wait in a line 4 people ,but i waited .I got a few good sales and 20 times the points plus i grabbed valentine chocolate for the grandkids.I will drop off on their porch near valentines for the girls anyways along with a summer top i got cheap from the gap/old navy .For sebastian i ordered him a book and chocolates -i will mail his in feb after the book comes in .

Then popped over to the library and got my 2 books and a movie ,that made my day.

May go for a walk even thou its cold ,just a 20 minute walk around the big block .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Productive day here and it was just what I needed. After I posted this morning I went back into the kitchen and made:

Broccoli Cheddar Soup (we each had a bowl with a potato bun for a late lunch)
    Chicken Fajita Rice - Still need to make the sauce to go with it, there is always tomorrow
    Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups - These are quite labour intensive so I only make them on weekend but bonus was it used up a lot of little odd and odds we have in the fridge, some grated mozzarella, an open jar of pasta sauce & some of a tub of ricotta that is getting close to best before date
    Apple Crisp - Been craving this for a couple weeks now so figure why not, we still have quite a few apples left

I thought maybe we could go another week without shopping for some fresh stuff but discovered when I opened my mushrooms the ones on top and on the side looked good but they were molding from the middle of the package out. I could make it the week without mushrooms but Mom saw No Frills has peameal on sale too, so this week we will do a small fresh shop. Ideally I would only spend about $20 but with Mom's peameal we might be closed to $30 but I am good with it. Since we are not eating out I figure if we use a little bit of out take-out budget on treats when we grocery shop, it is still cheaper than eating out. $10 worth of peameal will give Mom at least 5 to 6 meals (I do not meal peameal).

We cleaned as we went so the kitchen is clean, will just have the dinner dishes and I need to wipe down the stove once it cools off.

Tonight is going to be a relax on the couch and watch a movie kind of night and that is exactly what I need. It has been a long week got quite a bit done today, still some cleaning to get done but now it is time for some me time.

Have a great evening everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Jan 23rd, 2021 at 04:28 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy our night will be a movie and popcorn night .

Son just called and said are we still on at 6.30 for a zoom chat with the granddaughters ,yes for sure .As cara goes to bed at 6.45 ,she tends to like taking more than ashlyn lately.As she rambles on with her sentences ahh listening to a 3 year old is so sweet.
    I cant wait this is the highlight of my day .

It did cold on my walk today!!! I got a 24 minute walk in ,the sun was nice thou always cheers one up.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@SassyAshley thank you for sharing your menus. I've never heard of potato buns, looked up a recipe wonderful. We've also never tried zuchini lasagna roll ups. Both great ideas especially when I can use up items in the pantry.
    Who says that coupons are the only way to save? Saving a lot more cooking at home

Have a wonderful evening all!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

made some broc cheadar soup... so yummy.

i am working on my crocheting tonight... working on a soap saver sack. ... i am considering how i can add them to Christmas baskets... hmmm.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    @SassyAshley thank you for sharing your menus. I've never heard of potato buns, looked up a recipe wonderful. We've also never tried zuchini lasagna roll ups. Both great ideas especially when I can use up items in the pantry.
    Who says that coupons are the only way to save? Saving a lot more cooking at home

Have a wonderful evening all!
    @crafter since the pandemic we have never bought take out or when it was possible dine out either. We are making every thing from scratch.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's incredible @flemeth ! We did take out a few times earlier on but we're finding homemade so much better. We just have easier meals (eg leftovers in the freezer) on lazy nights, that used to be when we would dial our dinner.

Well I'm off to a good start this morning, I've been out for a walk with a sweet but shivering dog. I have laundry going, I've swept and I'm going to make a plan for little fix it jobs that I can do around the house. Lots of little things need mending as well they just don't seem to be made as well anymore. I reorganized my cupboard with canned goods yesterday, glad I did as I found a clam chowder that expires next month.

Have a wonderful day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It looks like Bernie did some good with his internet fame.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/bernie-s...171031425.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thats so awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    It looks like Bernie did some good with his internet fame.

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/bernie-s...171031425.html
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Has anyone purchased books etc from book outlet online? It is free shipping when you spend 45.00 ,books seem pretty cheap and puzzles are $11.45 .I may think about the puzzles as i am running low and i sure dont wish to spend 20.00 new for a puzzle from other websites .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I went to bed with high ambitions for today, then today happened LOL.

I had hoped to get up around 5 am, get up get a couple hours of work knocked out and then switch over to some housework around 8. Well I woke up at 5 am but my body said nope, not getting up so I went back to bed and did not get up until almost 9 am. Oh well, it is what it is.

Tonight we are doing a Sunday Dinner, I must say Sunday Dinners are kind of sentimental to me. Growing up my parents divorced when I was 3 and we did the every other weekend thing but both Mom and Step Mom always did Sunday Dinners before whoever went back home (I lived with Mom and Bro lived with Dad, we were always together but one week bro went home, next week I went home).

Tonight with be Roast Beef (I pulled one from the freezer yesterday) with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. Now I just need to figure out the veg portion, originally i had planned on steamed broccoli but now I am thinking maybe roasted carrots or maybe both, how knows? Will see how I feel around dinner.

I think I am going to change gears today, I think today is going to be more of a let's do what needs to get done and spend some time relaxing. My body is telling me it is Sunday and we need some chill time.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Watched disney's Mulan last night with my friend as she has 7 day free Disney trial offer. I also have been bingeing on the Marvellous Mrs Maisel (30 day free trial Amazon Prime).

the library has been my lifesaver during quarantine - finished When A Woman Becomes A lake, and now I'm reading Finding Dorothy, another excellent read. A well I have an app where I do jigsaw puzzles for free (so relaxing) but only up to 400 pieces.

Yesterday I stocked up on Scotties tissues - 6 pack on for $2.88 at Food Basics. I love the 3 ply as I'm still battling allergies. Now that it's colder, I hope things get better.

stay warm and safe everyone.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My local Food Basics has potted hyacinths and tulips for $5.88 I bought three, one for each window to add a little spring look. In the fall I will take these bulbs and plant them in my garden for next year.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information