User Tag List

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well our car didnt start today ,as the beginning of this month it did the same thing(only we called caa) .Car is getting up there 11 years old -hubby got a boost from the neighbours small little booster pack machine ,nice of him.

Now hubby wants to buy one so curbside pickup at canadian tire on thursday -i must say it sure is run better than last time when we waited 2 weeks .It could be the cables need cleaned my hubby said -we will see.

I am not in the mood for cooking tonight ,so pasta it is .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Jan 27th, 2021 at 02:59 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes joe fresh just got a few more new items in ,so i ordered a pair of joggers for me black ,and mittons plus 15% off code i was sent awhile back ,plus for spending over $30 i got 10,000 p.c points .

I just hope these joggers fit me ,as i am wearing a grey pair now that are ready for the garbage soon-lol
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I picked up my portable table from my friends house this afternoon ( i lent it to her for a few months)
    I set it up in the kitchen and totally cleaned out the fridge and freezer.
    Freezer is all sorted and to be used up over the next few weeks. We wi eat well. Shrimp x 2 bags. Steak. Porkchops. And old peameal roast. Marinated lemon chicken ready to dump and cook.
    Ground beef and tons of sides (veggies/ perogies/ hashbrowns) etc. Plus other stuff bread and hkme.ane pasta sauce

So happy I finally cleaned it out completely.

We have 6 dozen eggs!!! So definitely need to plan big brunch this weekend ( we have 2 bags of potatoes to use up sp perfect for homefries.) French toast for dinner one night.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Loved the sunshine on my walk today as well, @Frugalbigmama . Even when I realized I had left my ID card case at home, so I could not go to the bank for a book update or takeout books. But a contest entry got mailed, some library items were returned and a purchase of small baked things for tomorrow (I'll be 52) and two numeric candles from Fortinos had just enough space in my tote bag. Saved me a second trip to another store later in the day.

I roasted some vegetables for late lunch and that means there's more space in the fridge now.

Happy Birthday to @Natalka ! I know @Andit @walkonby and a few others will be celebrating in the next week or so. Find the fun!
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jan 27th, 2021 at 06:51 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

On Twitter, I follow about 5 entities in the Phoenix, Arizona area and it was eye-opening to see some video clips of the snow and other weather that visited that metropolis on Monday! Check out the video by the City of Phoenix-there's a rainbow at the edge of a dark sky, then the other weather happenings appear.

From the unaddressed admail in today's fistful, real estate agents (mailer cards/recent sales) are making up for the fewer flyers that mark January.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-Happy birthday (enjoy the day)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oldest DS was motivated to clean out his closet. I gave him instructions lol. We have laundry on the go and its being put away as we go. Got him to strip his bedding and its all in our wash/dry routine tonight. I offered him a new duvet for his bed that I have had for him for awhile but he was never around when I thought of it. He loves it and is excited for bed haha! The simple things in life!

ok off to give him his sheets to make his bed and continue on the laundry!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jan 27th, 2021 at 08:12 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Looks like today is another windchill type of day. I'll dab some Vaseline on to help keep me moisturized outdoors (or I'll be dessicated Ciel).
    Hello, 52! Thank you to Smart Canucks members for being inspiring, sharing and mentoring on the forum to this tall person!

It's likely the SC blog has already posted this recall for infant sleep sacks but I'll post this article from yesterday about the recall affecting items sold at Winners/HomeSense/Marshalls: https://www.thespec.com/local-burlin...th-canada.html

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Birthday Ciel
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Ciel Happy Birthday make the most of this your special day

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was an okay day, got everything on my work to-do-list done but was hoping to dive into some of my bigger projects which did not happen. It is what it is.

Mom had to go out for a curbside pickup and she volunteered since I did the last round of shopping (No Frills & Costco) she would go to No Frills this time. That was the plan but I ended up going with Mom just to get out of the house. I had not been out of the house outside of cleaning up snow in 2 1/2 weeks, so it felt nice. The grocery store was actually quite slow when we went so we were able to grab what we needed and get out. It was mostly fresh stuff but we did also grab a few stock up items, we got:
    Mushrooms x2 Naturally Imperfect
    Blackberries x2 $0.97
    Bananas x 6 $0.57/lb
    Pineapple x 1 $1.97
    Mangos x 2 $1.29
    Lemons x 1 3lb Bag $4.97 (Grrr not happy about this price but we have both been drinking Honey & Lemon lately)
    Cucumber x 2 $1.27 (More than I would normally pay, but have been enjoying these as a snack)
    Yogurt x 2 $2.50 (Hope this is not a sign of the times to come, normally I get on sale for $1.99)
    Egg Noodles x 4 $1.87 (Enjoy using these as a side dish lately and they were on sale)
    Pasta Sauce x 2 $1.87 (On sale and great for a quick meal if I forget to pull Tomato Sauce from the freezer)
    Crackers x 1 $1.87 (On sale, going to add these to my snack plates, I like a little variety)
    Soya Sauce x 3 $2.00 (On sale and we use quite a bit of Soya Sauce since we make Homemade Chinese)
    Peameal x 3 (On sale, cannot remember this price, these are Mom's treat as I do not like Peameal, it is a texture things for me)

I am not sure what the final total was as Mom paid, we did get a few more things than I had planned but I am happy with out shop. I am hoping to make it at least another 2 before we shop again and I am hoping to do another small fill in shop before we do another large shop. That is the plan, fingers crossed it works.

Before we went out I did get the dishwasher emptied, Mom reloaded it well I dealt with a work issue and I shovelled the snow and cleaned off both cars.

It was a good day and I think getting out helped me a little bit. I find I am still really struggling with focus lately and I think it is the lack of a routine and working from home it is so easy to just sit at my laptop for hours upon hours at a time where is in the office it is more broken up. Staff come in to see me, I go to make tea, grab water, use the bathroom but again even those tasks the social aspect is there which I do not get at home. I am feeling better today although I did not sleep again grrr. It is a work in process.

Have a great day everyone, I hear it is cold outside but at least it is nice and sunny which is nice, I feel like we have had a lot of grey days lately.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Highlight of my day ,going to canadian tire curbside to pick up an item with hubby.Then hubby got a mcdonalds coffee and i got a small burger and fries with a coupon(treat for me)

Daughter called me for a small chat today ,then i just called my dear older brother in london,ont to chat for a bit he is 72 .

Supper is a lean cusine and kraft dinner for hubby .Way to cold to go for a walk today -nope not for me .
    JadeAngel, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Youngest DS was frying up eggs and peameal to put on a toasted bagel.

I pulled 3 homemade burgers from the freezer and 1/2 a bag of perogies and cooked all up. They can eat when they are hungry. And a few more things out of the freezer

I saw ribs at GT for $5 (reg $10) Anyone try them? Was thinking maybe get a few packs for the boys. Something different.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I saw ribs at GT for $5 (reg $10) Anyone try them? Was thinking maybe get a few packs for the boys. Something different.
    I tried 3 or 4 brands before I stopped buying frozen ribs a few years ago. They were all okay, but none was actually good enough that I wanted to buy them again. What's more, they weren't really good value. For one thing, the weight includes the sauce. For another, each package was - for me - a pretty small serving, maybe half of the amount I usually have of my homemade ones.
    HermanH likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I had a good day today aside from the fact I did not get much done around the house.

For the first time in a long time today was one of those days where I lost track of times multiples today. I would be working away on something and not realize how long I had been working. It was a nice feeling vs the day dragging on feeling I have had a lot lately.

The only thing I got done around the house today was getting the laundry done and Mom did the hand dishes. Not a lot done but it is something.

I am considering emptying my room, washing all of clothes and then as I bring them back in my room sorting them to decide what I am going to keep and what I will get rid of. It is an idea, I am not set on it yet but seems like it might make the process easier.

I have started my to-do-list for the weekend. I do have to work this weekend we have another mass upload/download to do. So we will see what I can get done outside of that. For sure I will do snack prepping, I find if I have snacks prepped and ready to go I am more inclined to eat them especially healthy snacks. I will snack on cut up fruit & veggies if they are cut up and I can just grab them but if I have to cut them up I do not eat them.

I also need to start my meal plan for next week but I think I will leave that for tomorrow, I am not feeling very food inspired tonight. Tonight for dinner we had BBQ Chicken Breast for myself & Mom had BBQ wings, then we both had Herb & Parm Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Totally obsessed with these) and Caesar Salad.

Have a great night everyone
    coupon girl and GoodBoy like this.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information