User Tag List

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning popped over to shoppers for eggs ,milk ,cream and a few other sale items .I also got a novel for 4.49 ,the library holds havent come up yet ,so i figured that was a good deal .

Today i will bbq hamburgers -yummmmm,even thou it is cold out .
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Should be done at work in an hour. Just waiting for print jobs and refilling copier with paper. Kind of nice working now since no one else is and no urgent emails to deal with.
    I think I may do this more often going forward when it isn't my week in the office.
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Just got home from shopping.
    NF
    $89.79oop
    $18.97 coupons
    31,900pts

Gas is $1.059/L now in town. I fuelled up with the weekend points offer.

Salvation Army
    10/$10 kids clothes
    $1 small vase for my gold rose

Second hand store 50% off sale
    $15.75 for 10(?) items of clothing, including a shirt for me.

All of the clothing is quarantined at our house. Our kids can try stuff on in a few days. They stay home with dh when I do the shopping.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jan 30th, 2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i did a rcss shop today. raher a click and collect.

total points earned was over 65 000 . they forgot my produce, so are refunding me that ... instead i had to go into the local foodland to replace ... i really dislike that store ... so over priced.

i am going to try a local produce delivery system. i am hoping it will be worthwhile.

home. need to spotless the kitchen and fnish putting away the groceries.
    roast chicken for supper.

i am working well on my crocheting.. i am really enjoying it.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good afternoon. I spent most of the morning studying indoor veggie growing techniques. I finally found the video I was looking for after skimming through about 10 of them. I ordered a couple of items from amazon i.e. netting pots for hydroponics and I found the best hydroponic clay pebbles were at Ikea of all places. I've never ordered from Ikea but ordered a nice pot for a plant and a new cotton duvet cover set for $20. There was a $10 delivery charge which I would normally avoid but the price was great on the duvet cover. We've been using a cotton Ikea one that has worn out from years of use
    DH made a wonderful brunch today.
    Doing some laundry and waiting for instructions to arrive for an evening of trivia with some old neighbors.
    Uncertain what we'll have for dinner but it will most likely be leftovers from the freezer. Perhaps lasagna along with a home grown salad.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Stopped at Walmart on my way home and got the mushrooms for free! Apparently they weren't ringing in the correct price so the cashier rang it in and put it for 0. Awesome!

Took the roast out of slow cooker and sliced a few pieces off for DS and I to make sandwiches. Yum! I just had half but it was yummy.

Off to continue on laundry then go have a shower.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have been looking over pillows on amazon and have it narrowed down to 6 so far LOL. I really wish I knew what I do in my sleep but I destroy pillows well I sleep. So immediately removed any where the reviews commented on the pillows changing shape overtime, as well as any that cannot be washed at home, I will not be taking my pillow in for dry cleaning. My goal is to make a decision today.

My around the house tasks for today:
    Spreadable are made - going to have to watch for butter to go on sale, will be out of salted in about a month
    Garlic Garlic Sauce is made and in the fridge - Mom requested I make some so we can have souvlaki one this week for dinner
    Made Waffles for Breakfast well I was working in the kitchen, have some leftovers we can use for desserts or breakfast this week
    Hand Dishes are done
    Kitchen and Hallway Floors are done except right at the front door. Originally I only planned to sweep them as just sweeping them was killing my back but once I had everything out of the way so I went ahead and mopped. I did not get the front door area done as it is a lot of bending and I need to vacuum the mat and I knew my back would not be happy. I will do it one day this week, should only take me about 15 minutes
    Load of Darks are done and hanging up, wanted to do the second load of dark but I am out of rack space so I will have to wait until tomorrow.
    Dresser # 1 is empty and all clothes are in the basement in piles to be washed.

Happy with what I got done although I do wish I could have fit that second load on the rack but oh well, it is what it is, there is always tomorrow.

Still trying to figure out dinner for tonight, I am at a loss, no inspiration.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela ,love your thrift deals -ohhh i miss our thrift stores not being open for my clothing and puzzles .

I just did a 35 minute fast paced walk ,the amount of people out walking is nice to see.It clears my head and is soo refreshing .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I just picked up a pillow at Costco today so I will see if I like it-If so I will pick up some more.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain I tried to get a new pillow last time I went to Costco but the only pillow my Costco had was the one I currently own that gives me headaches.

I was hoping to get through the current Stay-At-Home order but even after washing my pillows and trying almost every combination using 8 different pillows, I am still getting headaches. So I guess it is time to bite the bullet.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Younger son came with me for groceries today. He has not left the house since December and it was nice to have company. We chatted and he helped with groceries and added a few items. He never does the groceries so was actually interested in the points the price matching and coupons. He was especially impressed when I bought chips and he got a 6 pack of Pepsi for free which is something only he likes. He said he now understands why I do it as he loaded the car. Then I took him to McDonald’s to grab lunch on the way home and it was a free fry day. DH did fish for supper and generally I am not a fan but it was pretty good and used up fish that had been languishing in the freezer for some time. Then I cleaned the freezer. A task that I actually love, it makes me happy to see what I have on hand.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @lizzie bargain I tried to get a new pillow last time I went to Costco but the only pillow my Costco had was the one I currently own that gives me headaches.

I was hoping to get through the current Stay-At-Home order but even after washing my pillows and trying almost every combination using 8 different pillows, I am still getting headaches. So I guess it is time to bite the bullet.
    I hope you don't mind if I suggest an 'ancient Chinese secret' for headache relief. My mother swears by it and I have also found it to be effective.

We take thin slices of fresh ginger and apply them to the bridge of our nose, our temples, and our foreheads. We then press upon them with the palm of our hands (or pinch the ones located on either side of the bridge/temples.) There must be some kind of chemical reaction, because a heating sensation builds. We hold the pressure as long as we can stand and can even leave them on overnight. (I find the bridge and temples most effective.) What have you got to lose?
    Last edited by HermanH; Sun, Jan 31st, 2021 at 02:33 AM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@HermanH, thanks for the suggestion but right now the headaches I am suffering are due to my neck/shoulder pain from my pillow situation.

Although good news I did a little tweaking and did not wake up with a headache today as I could not pick a pillow last night, I started second guessing myself. I am struggling with how do I pick a pillow I cannot touch.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Last night before bed I finished cleaning all the drawers of my first dresser. I wiped them all out, it was surprising only bottom drawer which was empty looked dusty but when I looked at the cloth all of them were a little dirty. They are now ready for my clothes to go back in.

I have another load of darks in the washer right now, when these are done I will bring up yesterday's load and I can start folding and sorting.

This morning I emptied my second dresser, originally I was just going to do my first dresser this week and second dresser next week. But, when I was looking at my load of whites and reds/pinks/purples it did not make sense to wash those alone so I emptied the second dresser to add to these piles. Right now the clothes are downstairs but still need to be sorted, will do that shortly.

I am still struggling with my meal plan for this week, originally I kept coming up with meals that all had beef in them, then when I started to remove those, they all had pasta in them, it has been a struggle. Think it is time to head to pinterest and see if I can find some inspiration.

Our plan for dinner tonight is Lasagna with Cheesy Garlic Naan and Cesar Salad. Might end up being lazy lasagna because I think today is going to be a lazy Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great day
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Jan 31st, 2021 at 10:05 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am going thru a top drawer of a spare dresser-tossing out pictures my dear mom took years ago that are a bit blurred.I am just finding stuff to do ,in this crazy times .

May read a bit later.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information