User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good news here
    The last of my kids moved out about a month ago leaving my self and my wife with a house with alot of rooms never being used so we had decided maybe to sell and buy alot smaller house further up north where 2 of my kids now reside. We talked to the family real estate guy about it (he has become a family friend who always keeps his eyes out for us and was one that found the houses my kids now live). He said he might have a couple of couples that might be interested in it and had them come thru on Friday. Wouldnt you know that last night at about 8 at night we signed the final offer for it. They gave us exactly what we wanted for it with a 4 month closing and no conditions at all. They wanted the house because it has a finished basement with a walk out that they plan on renting out after they take over. It is really nice for us as now there is nothing we need to do in order to sell it. Actually we had to cancel the company we had scheduled to paint the house on the beginning of Febuary so that saving alone is close to 10 thousand dollars never mind all the other things we would of need to get done. We will never know tho if we would of done all the necessary things if we would of actually made more money but on the other hand we could of invested in all the reno work and been stuck with the house
    Last edited by Thatdone; Sun, Jan 31st, 2021 at 12:19 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats Thatdone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Jan 31st, 2021 at 12:35 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

congrats thatdone on the sale of your house .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!

Grabbed a free coffee at Mcdonalds and went for a drive to my fav beach. Then went to SDM for eggs and a can of coffee (decided to skip Costco since all I really wanted was coffee).
    Then parked down town and walked.
    Came home and made 1/2 a toasted roastbeef sandwich on Rye with fresh snap peas on the side.
    Laundry on the go.
    I brought home 4 empty boxes to start some organizing. Will decide where I am going to start after I put some laundry away.

Have a great day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That is so wonderful @Thatdone . Congrats! Now the fun part, to go shopping for your empty nesters home.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Thatdone congratulations on the speedy sale. Your plan sound so much better than the staging and multiple open houses many people go through.
    I opted to stay in today. I had the butter offer at SDM and they were sold out yesterday so I had planned to go out today but in these crazy times it seems senseless since I have enough on hand. So instead I made a huge batch of kale and white bean soup and a tray of lasagna roll ups. I freeze them in singles for my lunch. All of this used up stuff I had and hand and the ricotta was close to expiration. Now I will bundle up for a very cold walk. Winter is here
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Thatdone that’s awesome new on the quick sale of your house Congrats now the fun start to look for something you would like
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner is on the go and I am cleaning up as I go. Making a container for my guy since he is on call till 11.

Youngest DS is looking forward to this dinner since it is his fav. Instead of olive oil, I am marinating the tomatoes in lemon juice since I have tons from the flashfood box the other day /garlic and basil. Using stuff up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Leftovers from the freezer again. My goal is to clear out enough space by Feb 20th so we can fit a small bucket of Margarita mix in the freezer to celebrate Margarita day with old neighbours on Zoom on the 22nd. I have been doing some spending but it's all been towards growing food in the spring outside and some inside.

I got my sewing machine out today and I already have a few projects to mend. I also want to make my dog a couple of quick and easy dog coats using the one he wears as a pattern (all one piece with velcro). I regret donating so much of my fabric years ago when we moved, fabric is quite expensive now. Hoping I can find a bit of fabric hidden in some bins.

I'm enjoying reading books online from the library. It's like going shopping for free

Have a wonderful evening all!
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I apologize now if this becomes a long post LOL

Yesterday afternoon after I got my housework done I started to play around on my laptop doing a few things online and checking out some free programs that have popped up on my Pinterest Feed lately.

I have always been super interested in start a Blog or recently I considered a Vlog instead but well I have met my life. I was on the verge of pulling the trigger last year and then I got moved to helping in the production office for 3 months working 12 to 14 hour days, 6 to 7 days a week and took it as a sign it was not meant to be.

I have always been hesitant to go all in because we have always been taught to be very private about our lives. Anytime I have done outside of this community online someone finds it and it gets brought to my attention that someone found it and in a few cases brought to my Dad's attention. So I have always been worried about anything where I cannot be anonymous. Even on Facebook there are no photos of me.

I am not ready to pull the trigger on a blog or vlog yet (although I so so so so want to) but instead I started an Instagram page. I figure it is the best of both worlds on a smaller scale for now until I figure out:
    A) Do I have the time for this?
    B) Which platform do I prefer

Yesterday I found an online free program, created myself a Logo which I love it so cute. I also took some photos and took some time to see if I could use this free program to edit them (oddly, I love editing photos, I have had to do it here and there for work and although I do not want to be marketing that part I love doing LOL) and they turned out great.

I have decided I going to go for the lifestyle aspect and cover everything from cleaning my house (I am seriously in purging mode), to hopefully some light renovations we are discussing doing, to cooking and baking and honestly whatever else 2021 decides to throw at me.

I have spent a lot of time considering what my family might think but I think it is time for me to just go for it. I won't be discussing them or the business although I am sure I will mention my job but I really wanted to do this for me so that is what I am doing.

If you are interesting in checking out my journey I have posted the link below in my signature.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today was a lazy day for me, although I did manage the get the following done:
    Yesterday's load of darks in my room to sorted - will do this when I go to bed, anything I am not sure about I am going to set to the side. I am not try on clothes until I have everything washed and can be realistic about what I am keeping. Just because all my jeans still fit doesn't mean I want/need to keep them all so this way I can try on in sections and be realistic about what I will and will not wear.

Another load of darks has been washed and is hanging up. I still had a little bit of room left on the rack so I always washed the white load. These will get brought up tomorrow. I still have another load of darks and a load of pinks/purples/reds to wash, the both dressers have been emptied and washed. I do still need to do my closet but that is a task for another day.

I have completely wiped down one dresser and will do the other dresser tonight before I go to bed.

I still do not have a meal plan and I did not do much meal prep this week so I might regret this later but, it is what it is, if need be I will pull out a few slow cooker recipes. Tomorrow I might do a little bit of prep on my break tomorrow, I only have one meeting so I should be able to get in an afternoon break.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$540.47 - January total savings

Coupons used $109.62
    10% off Tuesday $19.28
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks $10
    PCO - NF $50
    Air Miles $100
    CO51 $44.24
    SCOP $9.99
    SARCAN $75.15
    Gift Cards
    $20 - Sobeys Promo
    $5 - Tim’s gc from work
    Stuff Sold $42
    Contest wins
    $22.19 - Pizza Hut
    Haircuts at home $33
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Jan 31st, 2021 at 08:54 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was a bright and not so cold day-ideal for a walk to bank and to library! Got all of my holds and returned a couple of items. Spent some of the evening and early this morning reading!

Today-the plan was to walk but Mr. Wind was still being a mischief maker and I'm not strong enough to walk against gusts anymore for an extended period of time. Instead, I collected and snapped fallen branches in the yard and called it my 15min workout, as I snapped off ice from one downspout and retied the shoelace on the other one that got blown off its little post. Ate my thawed blueberries this morning (have to keep putting the frozen fruit into the fridge at night). Had some Jamaican patties courtesy of brother (did not know he had the food staple in the house) for dinner. Had a mug of tea after some Liptons soup with added herbs and celery. No hot chocolate in the house to mark Hot Chocolate Day.

Heard that Giant Tiger is hiring for the Ancaster location but it's not built yet. July opening. Found listings online-I assume the big box owners have the building permit already before Jan 25 to allow building to proceed otherwise, I question the timing (new store next to Dollarama in same plaza as the Value Village). I thought perhaps GT might take over the Calendar Club store (formerly Bouclair and probably big enough though Winners/Dollar Tree and Walmart are next door) if hiring is happening now (otherwise why hire 6mo before store is even finished?). Went to GT website and searched for something and found a $4 Mandalorian stationery with free ship to store option! Have to print off email when it comes in (might take 8 days).
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@crafter Mom has a cornmeal cake/bread recipe from someone where the mineral water is the key thing to keep the cornmeal/cheese mix moist after baking. Mom used to make her version that had the colour of corn chips (think Fritos) and the flavour of corn chips, but not enough salt and oh yes a really tough could be stale bread texture. That was a sad baking result.

Could you use that old Ikea duvet cover for the dog coat project? Some parts might be smooth enough on the edges for the pattern pieces?
    Giseledta and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Thatdone Talk about a fast sale and getting what you wanted!
    Hope you and DW find what you are looking for in the next house. You probably are keeping in mind about flexibility for 1st floor (accessible bathroom, maybe laundry facilities, spare room for office or guest bedroom in case someone needs it or has a cast that hinders upstairs travel) as you get older. Try to avoid condo surveys (strata or townhouses) because unless money is no issue, the uptick in the monthly condo fees can cause concern (esp. if at some point you or DW outlasts the other person and has to pay those fees with less income). I have a widowed relative who is steamed at the rise of condo fees every year as it causes her concern in her townhome.
    Giseledta likes this.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information