User Tag List

Thread: New Dollar Tree

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another dollar store is openning up in south london at the corner of southdale and adelaide. I've never in my life seen so many dollar stores in one end of town. I got all excited when they were renovating for a new store at southdale and adelaide, hoping real hard for a Value mart, a walk-in clinic or something else very handy and useful to me. It's not that I can't use a dollar store but I go to those once a month or less and they've come and gone from that location before. I can't say I'd get off the bus just to go to a dollar store when i can go to other dollar stores that have one or several other stores of use to me right beside them.

This area just seems like a bit of a miss in terms of serving the people who live there. There is such a large amount of multi-dwelling housing. A community centre, a doctor's office/ walk-in clinic, a thrift store (two of the 3 thrift stores I'm aware of in south london are only accessible by car), a food bank, an optometrist, a social service geared toward families or children, a bank, a small and reasonably priced grocery store... It would just be nice to have a well rounded shopping area so that the people who have trouble getting out or affording transportation can have many of their needs met in that area.

Looking forward to other store and services in the area.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

is this where the " dollar it" used to be, cause that didn't last long if i remember correctly. that would be a great place for a grocery store. the next closest one is the no frills or all the way in pond mills.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, where the "dollar it" was. It's the second store from the end- not sure if it takes up with end too or not- don't think so. According to the dollar tree website, estimated openning is april 2012.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We passed by there not long ago and I remarked to my husband that it would be a good place for a value mart. Too bad. Perhaps dollar tree will have a good food selection though? Non perishables of course. Many MANY years ago ( ) the plaza across the street had a store in it that had produce a bakery and a butcher, it was wonderful, but without going into how old I am, it would be 30 years AT LEAST I've always thought that area was left out in the cold, at least there is a bus through there now, there wasn't way back then

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunny3 View Post
    Another dollar store is openning up in south london at the corner of southdale and adelaide. I've never in my life seen so many dollar stores in one end of town. I got all excited when they were renovating for a new store at southdale and adelaide, hoping real hard for a Value mart, a walk-in clinic or something else very handy and useful to me. It's not that I can't use a dollar store but I go to those once a month or less and they've come and gone from that location before. I can't say I'd get off the bus just to go to a dollar store when i can go to other dollar stores that have one or several other stores of use to me right beside them.

This area just seems like a bit of a miss in terms of serving the people who live there. There is such a large amount of multi-dwelling housing. A community centre, a doctor's office/ walk-in clinic, a thrift store (two of the 3 thrift stores I'm aware of in south london are only accessible by car), a food bank, an optometrist, a social service geared toward families or children, a bank, a small and reasonably priced grocery store... It would just be nice to have a well rounded shopping area so that the people who have trouble getting out or affording transportation can have many of their needs met in that area.

Looking forward to other store and services in the area.
    I totally agree, I don't live in this area any more but I spent most of my life there. I've never understood why they couldn't put something useful in there...maybe a grocery store? There was one years ago, but very small and overpriced I'm not sure how well another dollar store will do there...it's been done without sucess before. But I guess you never know . Sure would be nice to see some life in that plaza though, most things have moved or shut down over the years.
    Last edited by jemwars; Thu, Feb 16th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Thread Information