User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: 2021 Financial Resolutions...........

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    debt wise , it is going down... not as fast as i want . but hey , it is what it is... i am looking at various ways at getting it lower faster, but there are no quick and easy fixes.......... it is what it is... ya eat a elephant a bit at a time.
    The mere fact that you recognize it, acknowledge it, and are actively engaged with it places you far ahead of those who do not.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and GoodBoy like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@gisel dta down is still the right direction.
    yesterday DH and I had a very open and honest conversation with the older son, our kids only see what we have achieved now. They don’t see how hard it was to get there. He was lamenting that he will never own a house and was pretty surprised to hear our story. Especially the $50000.00 in credit card debt that we racked up when I was on mat leave and DH lost his job. We rolled it into our mortgage simply because we wanted another child and I would not consider it with such a debt. He really appreciated the honesty. But he is my frugal son and will do fine. His brother on the other hand thinks money grows on trees.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    He was lamenting that he will never own a house and was pretty surprised to hear our story. Especially the $50000.00 in credit card debt that we racked up when I was on mat leave and DH lost his job. We rolled it into our mortgage simply because we wanted another child and I would not consider it with such a debt. He really appreciated the honesty. But he is my frugal son and will do fine.
    He might be right, if he wants a house in downtown Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal. However, does he really believe that he will never be a homeowner anywhere in the country?
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thank you
    lilo0003 likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    He might be right, if he wants a house in downtown Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal. However, does he really believe that he will never be a homeowner anywhere in the country?
    We live in Oakville which is currently the second most expensive city in Canada for real estate. Everything sells over asking and sells fast. So it’s discouraging but he went to school in Hamilton and he liked it so he will head that way. We won’t stay here once we sell either so in the next 10 years we will return to SW Ontario.
    coupon girl likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget clean up before the weekend.
    All credit cards paid in full and all have credit.

No spending this weekend other then some fresh stuff but I may wait until Monday or Tuesday and just make do with what we have for the weekend to use stuff up.
    Plan is to start posting stuff for sale so I can arrange porch pick up next week while WFH. Fill up our "Summer Fun Jar"
    coupon girl likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have just one for now spend my money with planification no more impulsive buy!!! Do a budget with father and respect it at the line...I need to know what we have in money and what we are spending.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Cancelled super ecran(23$ per month) as we dont watching enough and my i pod music program(11$ per month) because I dont use it... so every little bit saving money help!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... It is finally going to happen this year...

I am currently on one last round of repayment assistance for my OSAP loans, and once that is over (August), I will be paying the balance of the loans off completely. The remainder after this round of repayment assistance will be $27,790.22, so that will all be paid in August, and of course, I have to find a way to "coupon" paying that much off... So with the help of my father, the ENTIRE amount will be put on his Triangle Mastercard to get 1% back on the entire amount, netting us $277.90 in Canadian Tire money we can use for auto work later on. Might have to do it in two batches, since his limit isn't that high, and we have Equal Payment Plans on the card that would get screwed up if we simply overpay the card.
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    So with the help of my father, the ENTIRE amount will be put on his Triangle Mastercard to get 1% back on the entire amount, netting us $277.90 in Canadian Tire money we can use for auto work later on.
    I don't know how one can get a credit card to pay rewards on debt. More power to you if you found a way. You might be able to get more Rewards with other cards.

CIBC is offering: https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-ban...nite-card.html

"Get a first-year annual fee rebate and 10% cash back for the first 4 statements on total purchases of up to $2,000."

if you get a Visa Infinite Rewards card. For such a massive amount, it might just be worth your while.

It costs you nothing to check out other cards. You might be able to spread the debt over the cards of several people.
    Last edited by HermanH; Thu, Mar 4th, 2021 at 11:34 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am so glad after saying to myself many times lol I kicked my butt and did the entire cleaning of my purse and wallet....changed the wallet to a more conveniant one (bigger) so now I have all my money and change in there...so no more mess.So now I know exactly how cash money I have where are my cards and my debit card so that is easy...found tons of change a lot of 2$ and 1$ so a will count that and I call that a bonus lol!!!! It pay off to be organizated I observated the difference very quickly!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am so glad after saying to myself many times lol I kicked my butt and did the entire cleaning of my purse and wallet....changed the wallet to a more conveniant one (bigger) so now I have all my money and change in there...so no more mess.So now I know exactly how cash money I have where are my cards and my debit card so that is easy...found tons of change a lot of 2$ and 1$ so a will count that and I call that a bonus lol!!!! It pay off to be organizated I observated the difference very quickly!
    Good job! I always think it is wise to have a clean wallet and purse. Mine stays clean these days since the only shopping I do is groceries and I just use my credit coat and have been carry it in my coat this winter. The cash in my wallet just sits there waiting for a good time lol
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I kicked my butt and started my bedroom major cleaning and I found some change and a little bit of money I did not remember I had!!! So that was a nice surprise !!!!! I will use it wisely!!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just received our 2021 Financial Plan from our planner. Even with the mess on the markets last year we are in better shape than we were last year! That assumes < 4% return too!

We no longer have to sell the house at all and that assumes we live to 90! LOL

Maybe we should sell it earlier and have one heck of a blow out vacation! LOL
    Giseledta, cath007 and HermanH like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget clean up before the weekend.

Paid credit card off. Have $180 credit on it. ($120 for plate sticker renewal and Internet Bill- Both will be paid for next week)

Transferred money to Visa that I am building credit on for Niagara Falls getaway at the end of the summer hopefully.

Will get groceries on Sunday/Monday and pay credit card and update the budget on Monday/Tuesday. Other then that no mindless shopping.

PC PTS #1 card is at $355.00
    #2 card $6

I have PC Offer on card #2 for 2000 in PC pts for $20 in gas so will do that this week for sure.
    cath007 likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information