User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: 2021 Financial Resolutions...........

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

cath007 - hugs.
    cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the budget after our vacation. Adding $ to a credit card I rarely use over the last while to build the credit to cover our vacation totally worked! It was painless and made the trip relaxing. Totally doing that again next year!
    My sister was very generous and treated us lots too! I paid for our hotel rooms so she sent me an etransfer so now I have cash to play with since my credit card is paid in full with a $0 balance.
    Waiting till payday this week to disburse all the funds left in my account. (and DS's hockey fees will be taken this week also for the 2021/22 season.

PC pts.

$29 on one card
    $437.00 on the other card.

Feeling good about our freezer/cupboard stock up for winter. We won't starve! Should be able to keep grocery shopping low for fresh stuff and let our budgeted grocery $ build.

I also started a "January 2022" shopping fund. I add $ to it with the plan that I will not touch the January budget but only use that money for shopping (groceries/Christmas clearance) so we are starting February with all January's budgeted money built up. It has $85 in it right now. I will be able to add to it since my hockey gate fees jar is fully funded (we have to pay $4 to watch each hockey game my son plays. Hopefully we have a full regular season.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Aug 28th, 2021 at 09:35 PM.
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So I just moved forward to the August 31-Sept 14th budgeted period:

$313.50 Groceries- WOW- This is fantastic. Especially with a no spend much plan for September. It should grow even more.
    $60 gas
    $304.25 Misc
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday is next week and I don't plan on spending this weekend (only groceries which I will use my pile of change to pay for it)

Moved forward:

$433.50 Groceries!!!
    $100.00 Gas
    $263.52 Misc

Happy with the amount moved forward for Groceries and Gas. Hockey season is starting.. Hopefully we will have to travel to other areas for games so gas will be used up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday!

Paid all bills this budgeted period. Was able to move $17.83 to the utility surplus account after paying Hydro and Enbridge bill.

Moved money into Car/house insurance account for June 2022.

Fridge/freezer full. Not buying much for groceries. We have lots to use up for healthy meals. Will be able to plan/cook meals the next while easily working from home.

Need to post junk for sale! I have 2 weeks before I have to start packing up the garage for winter parking!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

juggling stuff to pay for a insane amount for tree removal... sigh.. adulting sucks
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will need to come with a plan for my dentals many appointements...not joy.....
    Ciel21 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In early part of this month, I used most of my prepaid Visa card to give three people needed items on their wishlists online as they are on ODSP. I hadn't budgeted for it but I considered the acts part of what I learned last year on the Money Matters course-to track food savings amount each month and use that amount for donations to food banks, shelters or other places in need. Twitter has definitely expanded my world beyond local concerns.

I'd like to help one person again in October but will have to keep it under a certain amount.
    October-I have intention to find a winter parka under $50 before taxes if possible. My current thrift coat is ok for home use as it has velcro closures but the main zipper is a problem if there's a freezing windy day and I need both closures in use. Coat is warm! I also know I'll be walking a lot less in snow due to my cane unless there's little ice risk (can't risk it). Giant Tiger has a shiny puffer coat but XL is sold out and I'm not sure that L will fit (as I discovered in trying on GT vest recently-too snug across hips when zipper is closed).

There's also a planned purchase of a vest puffer for Mom if the sale price is still on at time of purchase. TBD.
    ROMEO and cath007 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday tomorrow so budget clean up.

Moved $ to 2022 Property Tax acct.
    Moved $ to 2022 Car and House Ins. acct.
    Moved $100 to Christmas acct.

PC pts

Card #1 $493
    Card #2 $35

Moved forward $138 in Grocery budget. Freezer is stocked so just fresh stuff for the next 2 weeks.
    crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    October-I have intention to find a winter parka under $50 before taxes if possible. My current thrift coat is ok for home use as it has velcro closures but the main zipper is a problem if there's a freezing windy day and I need both closures in use. Coat is warm!
    I have heard that Pam cooking spray and WD40 can help keep zippers moving smoothly.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Budget clean up. Nothing exciting.

Redeemed $40 in PC pts the other day (2 club packs of TP and a few other grocery items. I don't like paying for TP!!!)

PC Card #1 balance $499
    PC Card #2 balance $7

Picking up a few fresh items today for groceries (clementines and bread) but we will be using up stuff the next while. Freezer has lots of good stuff.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned up the budget and starting to think about changes for budget for 2022.

Will disburse funds on Dec 15th and then the Dec 31st pay is for Jan so will have my plan in place by then.

PC pts are at $521 and $7. Not sure if I plan to redeem before the New year so if not that will be a good amount to start the year with.
    crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I have heard that Pam cooking spray and WD40 can help keep zippers moving smoothly.
    The remaining zipper pull-when I pull it up, it separates the teeth. Then I have to pull the zipper pull down to close the teeth. To open coat, I just yank coat open then unhook zipper off of one bottom metal side. I have not found a comparable coat on the thrift racks or even in a Marks store (when I was in Burlington Centre in fall) that is as warm and not so noisy with the exterior fabric. Sure the Velcro closures are half-worn but they'll sort of stick together on the storm flap and there are top and bottom snaps. Keeping coat for this winter.

I need a low-value prepaid card because I have to pay that network fee to do something online. Forgoing a wanted purchase as funds deplete (need more food and Band-Aids). January's HST amount is going to be spent within 24 hours of cashing the cheque next month.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday so budget clean up.
    Bills all paid.
    Tank full of gas.
    Fridge/freezer is full.

PC pts card #1 $525 Card #2 $7

Thinking about 2022 goals.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Dec 15th, 2021 at 11:55 AM.
    crafter likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaning up the budget to wrap up the year. Sent boys their money I gave them for Christmas via e-transfer (less the amount each owed me ) (youngest used my credit card for a purchase over the gc amount he had)
    Filled the car up with gas yesterday.
    Cleaning out the freezer on the fridge and planning meals from this food to use it up.
    Good end to the year.
    Giseledta and crafter like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information