User Tag List

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2311Likes

Thread: December 2021 Frugal Chatter thread-Opportunity knocks...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ready or not, December is 4 days away. While Black Friday shopping has most of us looking for holiday gifts or needed items to replace at home, I thought to use the opportunity to get the next month's thread posted.

Toss those November promo codes and coupons out-sweep...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

OMG... December... wow.

thank you for starting this
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thanks for starting the december thread @Ciel21 I am not ready for the snow and december ..huh
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you for starting the thread @Ciel21 . I am not ready to get to the end of 2021.

I will need to see and also clean up my coupons.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What I'm counting on next week is that the snow from Nov 27/28 will be melted by Nov 29 and I assume there will be clear and dry roads for most of week. The plan is to get two dvds from Burlington Public Library (because either the wait list moves fast or the system has a title not yet in circulation or on order at HPL), do a binge watch over two days and return them by next weekend (using up my 4 bus fares on Presto card). I also am thinking it'll be my last week of visiting the libraries in-person in general due to colder weather and my health. Just have to adapt and deal (with tea and such). Thus my opportunity is to seize the week and make the most of it (including sending off however many bags of leaves as I can manage!).

Will look for the Holiday copy of Look Local magazine either in Burlington or at my Longos store. Twitter last night was responding to someone's request for Xmas decor and gift ideas on a shoestring or less. I like the decor idea of paper chains and trees made of magazines with pages folded in so I'd like a couple of magazines (have a copy of Nov. Alive to start with) to make the trees with and decorate my room! I have to let go of notion of attending the Dofasco Xmas souvenir and nutcracker pickup later in Dec (online registration required for day & hour; did not see any special insert this month in Mom's mail but found info via Twitter) because I don't know how the weather will be then.

Expecting that CHCH will post the winner of the Samko&Miko gift card draw this week as well. Who wouldn't want $250 to shop with at the Christmas toy and book store? Would also love to know who ends up winning two different Chapters Indigo gift card contests that end soon. Yes, I want a shopping spree...plus a gift card could help a family with gift requests at the local community service. There's a tree with tags listing desired gifts and age of giftee(s) and I saw Lego on one of them (Chapters has LEGO online and in-store).

Municipal centre has been mostly readied for holiday lights. The local Santa event is going to be at the fairgrounds for the 2nd year as a drive-through. I just am pleased it's moved as the crowds are too much for a small town square with many buildings (the usual tree lighting event has been cancelled for two years but the lights do go on). Social distancing is not realistic there in the outdoor cold.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks for starting the new thread.

Although it’s hard to believe it is almost December, I’m feeling mostly ready for Christmas. 14 school days before Christmas break in my school division.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Living in a bit of denial that it is December.

I do feel like I am prepared for Christmas, most of the gifts have arrived, just need to pick them up. I meant to go to the Post Office yesterday but I forgot to take the keys with me, opps. I have my lists of what I am going to make and I feel like I have kept it sensible this year.

Feels kind of surreal that in 2 1/2 weeks we will be on shut down. I was planning out some stuff I wanted to get done and realized how quickly Shut Down is approaching. I am happy for the 2 weeks off but there is a lot to get done before we shut down. It was getting overwhelming thinking about what all is on my plate and needs to be done before Shut Down but I also think as long as I stay focused I can get it done.

I struggle with Holidays as it is, they set off my anxiety because I find them stressful but Christmas takes it to a whole new level. We are preparing for year end at work and shut down and then trying to prepare for Christmas it is overwhelming. I am trying to change my feeling this year but now that December is here I am feeling it, but taking it one step at a time.

It is Wednesday, time to check out next week's flyers see if there is anything we need. There are a few things I watching for to go on sale.

Happy Wednesday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning December! Shoveled the driveway 3.5 times yesterday. Love the exercise and fresh air but I think it will get old quick

I washed a "pile" of dishes this morning. I think we used every dish yesterday and it was the very odd time that I didn't clean as I cooked last night. Will have DS put away when he is home from school as they will be dry by then.

I need to go get a birthday card for my bestie and mail it later today. Will pick up a few things to send her in the big envelope I have ready to mail. Wish I could just show up and surprise her but I can't handle the 4.5 hr drive this time of year

Goal today is to pick up the wine needed for DS's GF's Christmas box. Will put it together this week and wrap on the weekend so that is done and out of the way.

Our area started with the new wheeled garbage/recycling/green bin carts Nov 1ST and even though they changed our pick up date to Monday (which I don't like!!! Sucks when we are away as we like Monday off and will miss it) but I am loving them. No more over-flowing bins etc.

Well I should have a shower and then put a load in the washer as I didn't end up doing a load yesterday as I planned.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So ticked -i ordered a xmas gift from bed,bath and beyond and it was sent from new jersey in the U.S as canada didnt have any she told me ,well it went to 8 stops before landing at barrie damaged (no wonder it travelled good thru fed ex in the states ) so now i will be refunded in 3 -5 business days on my credit card-ugggg

I will wait when my amount is refunded then order from amazon ,i was saving 7.00 by ordering from bed and bath -hummmm

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@coupongirl I just noticed cotton pj's for around $12 in the Giant Tiger flyer as I recall you were looking for ones that were not too warm.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Dec 1st, 2021 at 01:45 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    So ticked -i ordered a xmas gift from bed,bath and beyond and it was sent from new jersey in the U.S as canada didnt have any she told me ,well it went to 8 stops before landing at barrie damaged (no wonder it travelled good thru fed ex in the states ) so now i will be refunded in 3 -5 business days on my credit card-ugggg

I will wait when my amount is refunded then order from amazon ,i was saving 7.00 by ordering from bed and bath -hummmm
    @coupongirl my friend had the same issues with Wayfair and after several parcels getting lost, damaged she is waiting for credits and is ordering from Amazon from now on.

BTW she says to NOT order from Wayfair as the customer service is the pits, and her bathroom reno has been delayed for months waiting for Wayfair items to trick through. Wayfair credited her back the price but not the taxes, so more phone calls. Yes they are that bad.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Dec 3rd, 2021 at 07:21 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My aunt is still in hospital after her major surgery earlier this fall. She is still experiencing a lot of pain. Her new biopsy result today shows cancer. Her doctors are trying to make a plan. She might have another surgery next week Wednesday. She’s had 4 surgeries already. Chemo and radiation in spring 2021 too. Not looking good. I’m very doubtful that she’ll see Christmas 2022. She is 68yrs old, my dad’s oldest sibling.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Dec 1st, 2021 at 08:02 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My aunt is still in hospital after her major surgery earlier this fall. She is still experiencing a lot of pain. Her new biopsy result today shows cancer. She is having another surgery next week Wednesday.
    Extending best wishes to your aunt that's so tough especially at holiday time. Wishing her well Regards crafter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

November savings $667.71
    $85.47 - coupons used
    $16.67 - 10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $5 - Amazon Sb gc
    $80 - PCO - NF
    $110 - Air Miles
    $20.14 - Caddle
    $43 - Stuff Sold
    $16.50 - Domino’s Pizza Points
    $6.98 - local Contest win
    $1.75 - Found money
    $2.20 - Tim Horton’s Wins

Gift Cards
    $30 - Great Canadian Oil Change
    $250 - Coop vouchers
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good evening. Well dinner went well, DH bq'd chicken wings and a chicken breast for me as well as a yam. Wow yams are so cheap at Walmart next week... I think I'll figure out a place to store a larger amount down in the basement where it's cooler.

A few days late but I finished washing down all of the kitchen cupboards in the kitchen. It's amazing how much nicer the kitchen looks now...just a bit of dawn and a small towel to dry/buff things. The SS fridge and dishwasher look nice but the ss oven looks streaky...oh well, I'll just hide it with t towels

Well I rec'd my first Ampli cashback interac transfer... not bad. I requested it yesterday...I think it was the min cashout. 15 dollars.. 5 from Rexall, 10 from Roots online with a min spend. I'm enjoying all of the cashback opportunities but it does seem to take some skill and planning. i.e. I also rec'd 4.50 cashback from Roots on Rakuten. It all adds up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night and possibly a walk to see some of the holiday lights.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information