User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always buy the Royale Velour toilet paper, I've noticed a noticeable decline in quality in recent months.

The ones I bought in May are no longer "plush and thick", it's only slightly thicker than the Royale Original. For such little difference, it's not worth the extra cost.

It might not be the best time to complain about such trivial things under the current circumstances, but we're all trying to save money here. Velour seems fancy, but it's thicker so we use 30% less and end up saving money. With the lowered quality, we are using a lot more. Lowered quality, plus staying at home, plus no sale, plus no coupons... my toilet paper expenditure has quadrupled!

Another hint on lowered quality is the fact that both Velour and Original are on sale for the same price at Walmart this week. Velour is normally 20% more expensive. It can't be profitable to put premium and standard product on the same price. Only reason is that there is little to no difference between them anymore.

Have you noticed any change in quality since the pandemic?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I honestly haven't noticed a difference but maybe it's because I don't stick with one brand, I always just pick up whatever is on sale

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It wouldn't surprise me - I wonder if due to Covid 19 they have been making them thinner? I would contact them as Velour is not cheap (less to each roll).

Do you know anyone that belongs to Costco? I buy either the Cottonelle or Kirkland brand for under $20 and it lasts a long time at Costco. When I used to buy my toilet paper at Shoppers, I was always running out quickly.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Our household rarely buys Royale as main buyer shops at Costco.

You present a valid concern--I recommend sending your comments to the company via e-mail, Facebook or Instagram. Maybe someone will reply and explain.
    https://www.royale.ca/products/bathr...SAAEgJWx_D_BwE
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No wonder.So always when a company has financial problems, the quality of the product deteriorates significantly.I've never bought Royale before

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use Kirkland toilet paper....it's like wiping with a cloth it's so thick.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I almost always buy the Costco TP and paper towels.
    They may not be as “cotton ball” soft, but are close to it and the absorbency and swipe glide totally makes up for it. The rolls last forever too. We are a family of 5, 3 carnivore males that enjoy their “thrones” and are like bottomless pits.
    I have played tricks on them to be less liberal with it, and made that massive package last to almost 6 weeks. Guilt tactics are used for paper towel preservation

Anyways, there are ways to get “around” their membership policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information