User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 2020 Financial Resolutions...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A New Year! A New Start!!

What is on your Financial plan for the year?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Giseledta likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

This will be a work in progress but will start thinking about this more.

2020:

No mindless spending. It has to be a need (food) or bring ultimate joy (we are planning a few trips/doing things/experiences)

Totally downsize our things. Simple life is better. I am tired of stuff. Then will be easier to downsize/move in the next few years.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thank you for starting this thread.

this is going to be my kick debt butt year. i have a pretty good plan in place. i am usually pretty good at workingmy plans so i have no fear there.I do need to lower a few expenses. but that is doable.

currently.. my plan is prep.
    i need to get my files started for next year, sort my coupons. and redo my dayplanner. not alot of work, but it makes things easier .
    i am also doing a twitter money thing, so i need to set up my basket for that.

i need to keep my eye open for things that are not needed, and declutter my home as i find them. i have a few things daycare wise that can be sold.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well, the HOPE is to be able to pay off my OSAP loans within 2020. Although it will be rather tight/ likely pushed into 2021, but still SOOOO much better than the average 10 yrs most new grads take to pay it. Remainder on that is $28,xxx, currently on a Repayment Assistance Plan and saving up the difference every month into savings, and will have some other money come April to use for it as well (Tax Return, maybe Inheritance, other/current savings account balances).

Currently have another savings account started as well to save up for a trip. Just for any extra little money (maybe CO51/Caddle Cheques and Interest?), it was gonna be for another trip to England, but decided to change it to Peru. My Grandmother really wanted me to go, and my family friend is from there with her mother living there, so only the cost of flight and spending money.

I hope to have a second job eventually to bring in a little extra money, or maybe my business that I keep fearing to get off the ground.

I did managed just today to negotiate my rent. My landlord though/forgot that what I have been paying ($525/mo.) including parking since I had to move from another room into a smaller one, so the room rent is $450 PLUS $75 for parking. He though I wasn't "paying" for parking over the last six months, but I reminded him of the agreement and he agreed with it that he forgot. Likely I will be renewing my lease again come April since I can't get anything CLOSE to that price in St.Kitts. I expect rent to go up, so I will sit down with him and discuss options/ what I can afford to go up to. My hard cap is $600/mo all-in, which would be about a 14% increase in rent for him, but will obviously try for less...
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Going forward into 2020 always try to save a bit each month 100.00 or more ,as with the house never know what you may need
    Try not to over spend -I feel we are on the right track
    Condense items in our house ,yes I am tired of clutter also
    Keep buying gifts year round as it really help with the savings factor
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

2020 is the decade I plan to retire so savings are key. May start to save to replace my SUV at its 6 yrs old in June. There is nothing the house needs (knock on wood). Past plans have worked well, one kid in college with no debt expected when he finishes and he knows how fortunate he is that we started saving when he was three months old. His brother has 2 years and plans on uni so he need get a job. Also saving for the summer vacation to BC. Both boys will join us and we will pay for the then 20 yr old as well.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did the budget clean up since payday is Friday.
    Paid all the bills.
    Paid credit card off. My friends owe me $ each for deposit for our spa day in March. I will get reimbursed thru benefits for the amount I owe on the day.
    I've used some PC points but also shopped lots for work so received pc pts for using my credit card but have been reimbursed. PC pts are at $870 on main card and $14 on 2nd card.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So far, 2020 is up in the air for us. There maybe some changes coming so until I know where we stand with the current situation that has presented itself I cannot do any planning.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

2020... tomorrow.. omg. ok... so .. my prep is mostly done. i do need to update 2 items. Hubby and i have a plan for the new year. gotta love a good plan.
    i am doing the gail twitter challange. while i am pretty on top of most stuff.. largely due to her and her books as well as her blog and tv shows... she has stated she will touch on investing. and it will be a year long challange. so .. i am expecting to come out of it ... inspired....

i will spend a bit of time tomorrow tossing old coupons.. they are in a stack on my desk

i also want to come up with some short term goals... things doable in 3 months... winter months are .. good for decluttering...
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Payday was December 31st and today was the first day I touched the bank account.
    Moved money to special accounts (boys clothing/Christmas)
    Paid bills.
    Paid credit card in full. (Have returns of over $250 still to do at Costco and Marks so will have a nice credit once done)
    Paid Water bill my monthly budgeted amount even thou we have a credit on it.

Groceries- Shopped using PC pts and paid cash (change for the difference.) Lots of fresh stuff and a few stock up items that were a great deal. We shouldn't need to much the next while. Trying to keep it simple and use up stuff.

PC pts

$787 on main card (redeemed $70 in PC pts in Jan so far)
    $14 on 2nd card

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

2020 needs to be motivating for me.
    List so far for Jan-June:
    New eyeglasses for the year (would want them prior to July if my other money allows)
    Carbon Tax Credit for 2019-to give to Mom to offset utilities' costs
    Am behind on the Twitter MoneyMasterClass-need to catch up on days missed. Goal is not to be three days' behind...
    Employment, allowing for fact my health issue is impacting my lifting and pain comes and goes.
    Update or acquire furniture (second-hand for now) for storage

Longer term goals-one for now
    Start the TFSA already
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

2020 TFSA contribution is done for both of us. We still have carryover from past years, but I am happy we can check this off the list early in the year.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned out my coupon bag/folder and purse. Had $52 in loonies/toonies. Cashed in for $50 bills and put the $2 in my wallet for a coffee All the quarters/dimes and nickels are in a jar for use at Walmart check out where I can pay with change. (will do a veggie/fruit stock up next week)
    I put the $50 in an envelope and tucked away. Deciding the plan for this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

This year i really have to get with the program and finally try to pay off my LOC.I need to try not to waste food as if I don't feel like cooking,it ends up in the garbage,i'm so bad with this.

This year I paid for christmas with swagbucks so no money was taken from my saving account which doesn't have much in it anyway.
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mid-month Budget Clean up!

Payday was yesterday. Paid bills. Moved $.

PC Pts as of today:

#1 $791
    #2 $20 (gas promo and won 1000 pc pts from Dashing contest in December so finally bumped me up)

I have redeemed $80 in PC Pts since Jan 1st.

Airmiles are at 228 (so $20 at Foodland) I received 25 AM for some LCBO survey?

Had brakes done on my car this week. Paid with CC so yippee more points to come lol. Have to look at the bright side

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information