User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter I teased my Mom yesterday (total joke) I can see a few empty spaces in the chest freezer, must mean it is time to go Costco shopping. Did I mention I was joking, it is nice to see some space and use up some of the oddities. Since we have gone back to one big shop I like to see us stocked up but it is the oddities we have floating around that take up valuable freezer space so nice to see some of those being used up.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

lol @SassyAshley ironically, I seem to buy something frozen everytime I have a tiny bit of space in the freezer. I'm going to try to tough it out this time tho.

When I was making dinner, I had to unload the entire top shelf of my freezer to find the frozen peas, I put everything back and then realized I had frozen green beans, I repeated the same ritual and then had the frozen corn, yeah I know seriously lol. One more time and I finally found the peas. The peas are now at the front of the freezer Jenga
    Now to plan my shopping for tomorrow Have a great night!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening All,
    My morning was wonderful I was so happy getting stuff done, in a wonderful mood.

Then the afternoon hit and well, I lost it a little bit, I got extremely overwhelmed, frustrated and a hint of resentment and it was all I could take. I literally sat at my laptop crying trying to type up a new policy through the tears. There was just way too much being thrown my way and am booked training session to training session all week. As well I am upset I got removed from my work group, nothing has been said, I was not told I was removed but I know I am being asked to submit work for them to go over and approve in the group and it really upset me. I can do the work, write the policies, type them up but I do not get the present them, discuss them or hear the feedback. Instead they do that without me and I just get told what to change. Maybe I am being sensitive.

Well I worked to finish off the policy I have to hand in tomorrow Mom decided she wanted Nachos so she made Nachos with Melted Cheddar, Homemade Taco Meat and toppings of choice for dinner.

The emotional roller coaster of today has left me feeling completely exhausted so I think it will be bedtime soon. Before bed I need to finish sorting the Whites and Dark load from yesterday which are currently on my bed.

Will be happy to put today behind me, have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am going to struggle to get my steps in this month. We have lots of cold weather coming and I could not bring myself to go out tonight. I almost had an expensive start to the month as I had a leak in my tire from a nail. It showed up on Saturday but who knows when it started because I only drive on the weekends for groceries. I took it in to Canadian Tire today. And they fixed it no charge. They said the tires were almost still under warranty, I was surprised as they are not known to not try to charge an arm and a leg.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am going to struggle to get my steps in this month. We have lots of cold weather coming and I could not bring myself to go out tonight. I almost had an expensive start to the month as I had a leak in my tire from a nail. It showed up on Saturday but who knows when it started because I only drive on the weekends for groceries. I took it in to Canadian Tire today. And they fixed it no charge. They said the tires were almost still under warranty, I was surprised as they are not known to not try to charge an arm and a leg.
    We just had a cold snap and it was freezing out but I bundled up and went and told myself I could come home if it was bad. I did my entire walk because I got walking it didn't feel that bad.
    On other freezing days I park at the mall and walk the parking lot then pop into SDM etc. Or I walk in Walmart. I stay away from people and wear my mask so all good.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Feb 2nd, 2021 at 09:17 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ugh my entire post gone lol

Good Morning! Sunny day here. Frost on the window again (didn't park in garage)

Decided the carton of SILK almond milk for $1.97 after sale GT and $1 coupon is a deal and they had well into April expiry date so will pick up a few more tonight on my way home.
    My oldest is on a smoothie kick now that he is running again.
    Oh and the best night time healthy treat- ICE-Almond Milk-Cocoa powder mixed in a blender/Magic bullet- Heaven in a cup! Try it

Tonight- Putter in the kitchen. Keep the fridge tidy and wash up the dishes. Take out meat for tomorrow (thinking pork chops since we have lots from my 50 cent LB deal awhile back)
    Laundry- Continue and finish tonight
    Birthdays/Christmas gifts- Sort the stuff I just bought and wrap DS's tonight.

And go for a walk! My dog is a terrible walker and always wants to go home. She did really well the other night after the big snowfall and she seemed to love it. Maybe she is tired of being home with everyone lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought more frozen food and blame it all on you @SassyAshley ..just teasing

I had a wonderful shopping trip this morning. I was going to venture further but went to our local Metro. I lucked into a large family pack of mixed greens for $1.99 with a few more days on it(I only have romaine to harvest at home). Metro had the largest brussell sprouts, I've ever seen in my life, the size of tennis balls! we're going to roast them tonight. I changed things up in the meat dept and bought some super cheap ground pork and fast fry streak along with a large pack of boneless chicken. My plan was to stock up on sauces and vinegar to cook more asian stir fries. I was buying the VH sauce jars but they are expensive and not the quality I would like.
    I gave in and bought frozen french fries (with an fpc) and a small pizza for the $1.99 offer to stuff back in my freezer.
    I missed out on a few Checkout 51 offers by shopping on a Tuesday morning but the grocery store was almost empty. The ideal time to go seems to be around 8:45 am (too early for the late risers but too late for the early birds)

Hoping to go out for a walk this afternoon in the fresh snow. Have a great day everyone!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning i am feeling better ,knocking this cold out of me .

On the adjenda go thru old bills and toss the ones that are a year old ,unless they are visa bills and something important is on them.I was suppose to do this the other day but never got around to it.

Call a friend i use to work with ,she never calls back ,kind of annoying to me .I will give another try .
    For supper today cook a chicken breast with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies .

I already shovelled the small inch of snow in the driveway .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Most of the upcoming Ontario sale flyers are posted. Happy that there isn't really much I want/need but:

Clemetines 2 bags for $5 (FB)
    Pineapple $1.97 (FB)
    maybe perogies and Giuseppe pizza for the freezer for DS (FB/Freshco)

This helps my grocery budget the next week Not shopping is awesome!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    It is a day, that is the best I can do today.

Got my last load of darks done, they are hanging in the basement dying and the load of red/pinks/purples is on my bed to be sorted. I have to say the pile of clothes I am not sure I want to keep just keeps getting bigger and than bigger, although it hard to judge right now since I feel like literally 2 outfits would be enough right now.

I was up at 5 this morning to start working, last night I sent an email asking for some help on some projects so I can shift my focus to the new stuff coming in, either I have not heard back or have been told staff are not available to help right now. I have to admit this is why I do not ask for help because either when I get to the point I need help, there is no one to help me or it comes back to bite me later I did do it myself.

I am feeling a bit in turmoil, I know I need to talk to my Dad but we do not have the best relationship with my Dad. Do not get me wrong when I need him he is always there for me but yeah our relationship is strained. I have felt over the last few years it is getting better and I thought last year we had overcome on of our biggest hurdles but apparently not so. Problem is when I talk to my Dad I clam up, I do not feel free to speak my mind or feelings so my anxiety goes through the roof and I don't always get the outcome I am looking for because I feel I cannot speak freely.

Alright time for more training and I see the emails piling up.

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Feb 2nd, 2021 at 12:58 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just ordered online 2 pizza's for hubby and i from pizza pizza $13.55 for pickup at 5.00 p.m -as today only online its half off with code 50OFF

A nice treat for us ,i am learning to order food thru online with my credit card as we dont have a great cell phone .Pickup as its around the corner ,that will save on the delivery cost .lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Feb 3rd, 2021 at 10:07 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hugs @SassyAshley . I don't know if it will help but my Daughters had to be very direct with me. They said we just want to vent or tell you about something, we're not looking for guidance or advice. It hurt at first but it really helped make our relationships better. Now if they call, we wait to see if they ask for our advice otherwise, we keep our mouths shut.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Youngest DS and i took the dog for a walk at 545pm and it was still light out! Awesome!!
    I put away laundry. Had DS tidy up his tv/computer room.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter thank you, it is one of those times that working with your family sucks. I feel like in my Dad's eyes I am forever that girl who struggled through her early 20s, dropped out of college, struggled with adjusting to working full-time and trying to build a relationship with her Dad at the same time. When I started working for the company I got to share an office with my Dad which had some very awkward moments as our relationship was not the best.

Sadly some how my dad see my siblings (younger siblings) all maturing and becoming their own person and working the way up the ladder but here I am. As it was put to me last year, I am the one who is out of sight out of mind, just doing my job or multiple jobs in the background.

Needless to say Covid is not helping this, I had planned to talk to my Dad after Shut Down but now as long as we are under a stay-at-home order or under lockdown I cannot go into the branches unless I am sent in.

Grrrrr is all I have to say
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Feb 2nd, 2021 at 06:37 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy, I am sure if you started doing the work of one person Not three you would get lots of attention They are taking advantage of you but in the long run no one wins.
    I went to Fortinos at lunch but they had none of the sale chicken thighs. I did get a roast chicken and some day old buns for half price. We had a roast beef that had a broken package in the freezer so I popped it in the crock pot then used up some dodgy onions, mushrooms and peppers and we had beef on a bun. It was very good and there are leftovers for lunches. I get a little too excited when I use up stuff that’s about to go off. Now I am bundling up to go for a walk.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information