User Tag List

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Finished up training for the day. I enjoyed my afternoon training session, I know a new hire a little bit, it is our branch manager's daughter who used to come to visit well I was in town we would chat so it is fun working with her. We get our training done but can joke as well which is nice in these odd times, it feels kind of normal.

Still need to sort the load or reds/pinks/purples on my bed, will do that before bed. I like to turn on Youtube and watch a video as I work away.

Dinner tonight was Chicken Slouvaki Bowls with Rice, Stir Fry Veggies, Garlic Garlic Sauce & a Greek Salad. I got a nice surprise, our open bag of Stir Fry Veggies is almost empty, I dug around for another bag but did not find one. I knew I had one more in the Stand Up Freezer but to my surprise I actually found two in the Stand Up freezer. It is the little things right now.

Think I will head to Pinterest and see if I can find a slower cooker recipe for tomorrow.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@SassyAshley We're retired and I still get eye rolls from my Dad lol. It helps me stay young It sounds like you might have a positive experience trying a life coach at some point down the road. If you have benefits at work, counselling might be covered. I used to knock counselling but it's honestly nice to have an unrelated person to listen and coach.
    That being said, I had a couple of branch administrative manager jobs in my life. My boss went golfing all week while I worked 5 days plus weekends (no OT) The administration is the CORE the operation and don't ever think you're any less. If something comes up and you need to talk to the boss at work(your Dad) he better realize it's important.
    Hold your head up high @SassyAshley you make it happen! (and look into counselling if you have coverage...it DOES HELP)

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 that made me chuckle only because late last year I was told they could just bring me in and I could replace 2 or 3 people so it would be better to bring me in.

Sad thing is I feel like other people (my boss, our regional manager, a number of our managers, I think even my siblings) see me and all I offer but the person I need to see me is my Dad which is hard. Again it is that fine line of being my boss but also being my Dad which makes working with family hard at times.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter , I actually used to have a leadership coach which work paid for, sadly I lost him a year ago as he accepted a job with us and it would be a conflict of interest to work with me and work with our managers. I was hopeful we would have more interaction, not officially as a leadership coach but just in day to day working relationship but since I am not a manager we do not cross paths that often.

Might have to take Dad up on his offer, when my anxiety got super bad last year he offered to pay for me to go back to therapy/counselling but then Covid hit and well it did not happen. Yesterday was the first time in I would say in the past 10 months my anxiety got to me that badly that I could not function. I have had anxiety but until yesterday I would work through it.

The rolling the eye comments made me laugh as my Dad will look at me at times like I have 3 heads and I usually reply back something along the lines "36 years I have been your daughter and this still surprises you"
    Giseledta, Ciel and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since chips and pop deals still remain in the run-up to the weekend big football game, work Tostitos or tortilla chips into menus during the weeknights i.e. casseroles or appetizers with toppings. I remain so tempted.. and am scarfing down Hint of Lime tortilla chips (but they a bit tart for my taste) that Bro has in the house.

Boring Tuesday at home for me. Used Bro's dvd drive with my laptop to get through some discs so they can be returned. And no interruptions from Mom during a movie (a huge win!). Need a few grocery items on my trip to the library tomorrow-fruit selection is down to apples and a banana. Clementines are sweet mouthfuls of sunshine but they need new sidekicks in the fruit basket.

Since it'll be a tad milder for Wed, I intend to fit in a second walk to Longos as it's been nearly two weeks since my last visit. Do miss going around to stores but I have to pace myself during winter.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Forgot to mention that my Simons order shipped on the weekend and arrived on Monday. The staff *likely Mississauga store, given the fast turnaround on shipping after picking on Saturday)* managed to fit all the hosiery and two little clothing items into the gift box inside the shipping box (which was torn in one corner but did not damage the gift box much). New shipper Nationex was used for the free shipping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was hopeful because I was so tired I would get a good nights sleep last night, nope. I woke up a couple of time during the night and the second time I woke up I realized my sinuses were not happy. I had a sinus headache and my throat was hurting because of my sinuses. I was hopeful when I woke up I would feel better but I did wake up with a headache and OH MY was I tired when my alarm went off. But I got up and am pushing through.

A few things I need to tackle around the house today, the last load of Darks need to come up from the Basement and needs to be sorted. My pile of not sure/need to try on is pretty big. I was thinking tonight after work I might try some stuff on but unless I am feeling better it will not happen. Even though I own the clothes I am not a fan of trying them on I find sometimes it goes downhill quickly as you realize things that just do not fit the same anymore LOL.

The dishwasher also needs to be empty and reloaded, took a quick scan of the kitchen well I was making my tea this morning and I think there will be some hand dishes I need to tackle as well.

I did not find a slow cooker recipe last night, I just decided to go to bed instead so I need to plan dinner for tonight. Mom has to go out today as she needs to pick up her meds, drop off something to return to Amazon (they shipped her the wrong size) and I seem to think there was something else she needed to do. We discussed it last night and there will be no grocery shopping, I cannot really think of anything we "need" plus I think we need to stick to our plan of staying out of stores. Our region has confirmed a few cases of the new UK variant.

Right now my plan is to get through this week and next week, then we will do another small shop just for fresh stuff. Around the end of February we will plan another large shop to stock up. I am sure by than I will need some more meat and a few other items, we have started a list but it isn't anything we need it is stuff where we open the last of something which means next time we do a large shop we need to replace the one in our stockpile. Off the top of my head it is stuff like:
    Polysporin (Costco has the best price for this and if you can find it on sale bonus)
    Cornstarch
    Cheese Slices (we only use the real cheese ones, by far Costco has the best price, we bring them home and freeze them)
    Bacon Bits (we only use the real bacon bits and again Costco for the win, once we open a bag we put them in the freezer and the Costco bag lasts us a few months but I like to keep one in my stockpile)

Alright I have been avoiding writing this policy long enough, time to get back at it.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning and happy hump day! Sunny but cold start to the day here.

I have no idea what time I went to sleep at last night but I know it was super early. I'm thinking 930. I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Woke up around 5. Debated going for a walk but passed on that idea lol.

I didn't take anything out for the crock pot as I decided the fridge is full so leftovers with whatever I decide with it for the win tonight. DS doesn't complain when he has a plate of food in front of him.

Tonight I will put on my backpack and walk to RCSS and see what I find. Main purpose is it is a good hour walk. 15 mins each way and then 30 mins in the store. Its a perfect night time walk!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The day did not get off to a stellar start. The car battery was dead so I missed my dental apt. Anyway CAA came out within an hr during a snow storm and rush hour and put in a new battery for $210 which I thought was a pretty good price. The dealer had quoted $250 and Canadian Tire $300 so saved a bit and dentist is rebooked. Now back to Costco to buy more of the foam pillows I like and then off to the nursing home to visit DD's grandpa-they have been on lockdown since November so I am sure he will appreciate the visit. Then back to preliminary work on our tax forms-that will be a lot more than $210!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lizzie -we used caa early last month to start our car ,waited 20 minutes .It wasnt our battery .Fast forward we bought an portable instant charger just incase in the winter .Hubby went out yesterday and tightened all the bolts and cleaned them a bit also and it seems to have worked .

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What a surprise-my last Carters order came a day early! Have two items in a gift bag and third item is going into the gift box. All they will need is a card each and maybe a treat when those birthdays roll around next year. Wish I could be as good for Christmas--have to be on the ball at spotting items and synchronizing online purchases with available funds.

Library did not have any holds for me. Nice surprise. Have another week to work through my existing items for next week. Stopped into Fortinos for 2 Tostitos chips, 1 salsa and the free pop (using coupon peelie). $11.77 in total after coupon and taxes. Yay, I'm ready for the Sunday game.

Ink for printer has been ordered via Shoppers website. Noticed same Lenovo laptop with 2x my unit's memory is retailing for $579.99. How handy it'd be to order electronics online (not pre-orders for new things but just upgrading laptops or getting accessories)! Free shipping as ink order is over $50 and 3-6 business days for shipping after allowing 2-3 days for order fulfillment.
    It's the last day of bonus points at Shoppers today. Any big points successes, Smart Canucks?

Just have to wait on ship to store small item (free shipping) to come in likely next week-will need to travel by bus. Then my debit card will be in hibernation for two weeks to stop spending.

Metroland paper came on time today and there is a GlaxoSmithKline coupon supplement inside for Chapstick, NeoCitran, Advil + more.
    Mail-one admail-the Moneysaver flyer booklet. I don't even see the Moneysaver contest mentioned anymore or is it online only?

Mom did a big grocery shop ahead of the snow coming on Friday so we are ready for the next round of flakes.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner done. Bacon, eggs and toast. I pulled the bacon from the freezer- Paid $1.99 for the package a few weeks ago on Flashfood. I grabbed 2. One for chicken ceaser wraps and the 2nd for the freezer for a night like tonight. Cheap dinner!

Kitchen is cleaned. Dishes drying on the counter and will put them away before bed.

I had DS clean out a large cupboard today and put all the stuff on my portable table I have set up in the kitchen. When I got home I was able to wipe out the cupboard and start organizing. I posted 2 Tupperware items for sale and have a porch pick up arranged for tomorrow! Wasn't going to post till after lock down and cold outside but figured why not. If it sold great. If not post down the road. Happy to have them going out the door as they are large items.
    I will have DS do the thing tomorrow during the day for another big cupboard. It will be more work but I will be happy when it is done (so much crap in this one! And messy sticky oil or something all over the bottom shelf)

Alright off for my walk now to the RCSS!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Fairly good day here, most of my day was spent training staff and then trying to play catch up. My first training session was postponed due to computer issues so during that time I was able to type up and get approval on policy I was asked for. Still a long list to go. I am considering not booking any training on Friday so I can try to catch up a little bit.

Did not get much done around the house but I am good with it, I am feeling so tired tonight so decided I am taking tonight off. Although during the day I did get the dishwasher emptied and partially reloaded (Mom finished it well I did a training session), as well we clean out the fridge and I took out the garbage as we had a small container of Ricotta mixed with an egg go bad and it needed to be out of my house.

I have another load of darks in the basement that needs to come up and needs to be sorted but that can wait until tomorrow.

It is only Wednesday but it has been a long week and I need a me night.

For dinner we just had soup, Mom made herself a can of Cream of Mushroom and I pulled a Chicken Parm Soup from the freezer and made a cheesy garlic naan to go with it. Nice simple but I feel fitting since it was quite cold out today.

Mom did not go out today, she will go tomorrow instead. I should go on Pinterest and find something I can put in the slow cooker tomorrow but I do not know if I have the brain capacity tonight. Maybe if I am up early tomorrow I will look for something.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hour and 10 min walk!

Picked up 4 eye masks that you freeze for .54 cents each for my girl Christmas boxes I do. (sons GF/Niece etc)

It was a beautiful night for a walk!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I know the laundry question about mixing darks and whites was asked at the end of the January thread but my answer is that I will mix both when I am keen to get the whole clothing washed in one go (tired, want it done, have patience for one load) but realized a couple of dark items don't mix very well with whites (too much visible lint), so I try to keep whites out of a dark load if those two dark items are in the wash.

Also, the times I am too lazy to put my cloth masks in the mesh bag and on handwash cycle-well, the microfiber loops tend to shred or start to get stringy/linty or show a cut that means I have to replace the loop or open the seam to remove old loop, restitch seam and insert new fabric loop. So masks are going into the mesh laundry bag unless I feel up to some hand laundry while a washer load is being washed.
    While doing a recent look at women's clothing store websites, I have explored some face masks as I probably will add two or three more retails masks to my mask rotation (I'm a fan of elastic loops with plastic sliders but I need colour, not just black elastic). Tendency is to seek medium tone colours or allover prints with nature imagery or watercolour effects. I'd like my interaction with others to be more about the person rather than what brand/character/slogan is represented (though one or two fun prints make sense, they can be distracting) on the masks.

Ink update-my order is on its way. Hurrah!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information