User Tag List

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh and I made a nice supper. Roast ham, perogies, cooked veggies, canned pineapple, cranberry sauce, sour cream. Lots of roast ham leftovers.

Dh washed the dishes. We did 3 loads of laundry today, mostly our work clothes.

Ds finish reading the first novel in the series that we bought him for Christmas. Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Ds is in Grade 3. He read this novel in addition to a school novel abd other assigned books that he read in January.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 7th, 2021 at 09:13 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Plan for today is to go to SDM for my cheap $1.29 eggs. Not sure if I will get the $0.99 chips
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up with a really sore back this morning, right along my lower back.

Was up at 6:30 and started my day. Already sent a few things off to looked at/approved.

I know to help my back I need to get up and move around, right now I am slowly bit by bit sweeping my kitchen floor. Might not be the ideal with how my back is feeling but it needs to be done and I am only going to sweep it, I will leave mopping for next week. Hoping to get a few small things done around the house today but as always we will see what the day brings me.

Change in plans yesterday, I did not think about how much Milk we had and realized if we wanted to make Mac & Cheese so last night Mom had Chicken Wings and I had BBQ Chicken Cesar Wraps and we both had Oven Fries. Tonight will be Meatloaf, Homemade Mac & Cheese and a Veggie TBD, still thinking i might just make a Salad but we will see how I feel closer to dinner time.

Have a great day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was up early at 5.30 a.m and i decided to email a few companies for coupons ,good to have a few new ones .

Today is laundry and cleaning the toilets with a bit of reading ,colouring,or puzzle tossed in the mix-lol
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We are under a winter weather advisory! Woke up to lots of snow!

I worked over 4 hours yesterday so today will be an easier day. 1st on the list kitchen clean up.
    Then load of laundry. Put away towels in dryer. Put away all clothes that were hung to dry.
    Get the recycling ready to go out in the morning.
    Clean the diningroom (table and the junk that has been dumped in here to deal with)

FIL gave me pea soup he made. So will have that with 1/2 a grilled cheese for lunch

I will take out a roast beef tonight for tomorrow nights dinner (roast beef, mashed potato, gravy, veggies)

Will bundle up soon and go for a walk. Not letting the weather stop me

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Apparently being nice to my back is just not in the cards today LOL.

I was in the kitchen making myself a honey and lemon and noticed something on the front of one of the cabinets. Needless to say before I knew it I was on the floor with a rag and bottle of cleaner and have now cleaned all of the bottom kitchen cabinets fronts. Thinking I need to add to my project list emptying all of these bottom cabinets, cleaning the cabinets out and seeing if there is anything we can purge.

Honestly, I feel like I am spinning in a bit in circles, I am all on board for purging our house and am even willing to do most of the heavy lifting/work well Mom just says stay or go. Mom even keeps mentioning how much there is that just needs to go, throw it in the garbage we have no use for it, but it all seems to be talk. Everytime we are supposed to start purging there is a reason to wait for another day.

I think this is why I am now working on bedroom, I was not worried about my bedroom because in this house, I only use my bedroom to sleep unlike in our old house where I lived in my bedroom. I had a TV in my room, my workout equipment, chair and table so I spent most of my time in my room or on the computer in the living room (back before laptops became big). Now, yes it is a mess but I only sleep there so I am willing to leave it a mess if it means getting our living area cleaned up.

I really just dream of the day I say I am going to clean my house and do not have to move 500 things or not clean certain areas because I cannot get to them. I just want to be able to say today I am going to clean the house, gather all my cleaning supplies and just clean from top to bottom, oh how a girl can dream.

Alright better get back to work, I am knocking down this massive to-do-list I have for today.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -maybe in the spring you can talk your dear mom into getting rid of a few items (knick knacks and the such) .My dear mom (miss her)when she lived with us one year i put a few items of her's on kijiji and then she liked when she made 50 plus dollars ,bit by bit .

I got an email that a pkg is in my mailbox -oh i hopes it joe fresh .We will see.

Doing laundry the towels ,gee yesterday i chatted with daughter .She is falling a bit behind on stuff around the house ,laundry as her work is way more important .I wish she was in the same city sometimes ,so i could help her out .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@coupon girl My house needed much love today after being so busy with work the past few weeks. That's why I went into the office yesterday so I could power through stuff just to get it done and make today an day.

All this snow kept me home this weekend too. I really really want to go to Costco! But not tempting the 40 min drive in snow.

I put away all the clean laundry and have a load on now. Emptied all the empty hangers from the closets and moving them to the laundry room. I have 3 boxes of DS's guitar/music stuff I am condensing to 1 box and will label with his name and put on shelf for when he starts looking for stuff! The good thing is I bought him a bed frame a year ago that doesn't use a boxspring so he was able to put his 4 hard guitar cases under his bed! They take up space and glad they are not in the laundry room.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Here I go again on hold for Revenue Canada-I somehow got locked out of my online account-arghh!! Could not get through last week so here is hoping my +2 hr upcoming wait will be fruitful. I mean who has time for this ****. I work 3 days a week-seems crazy with all the people on CRB and tax time starting. On the other hand it is too cold to go out so here I sit. Okay rant over. At least they usually have some decent classical music to listen to. If you haven't already seen it look up the Marsh family on youtube-they have lovely songs that are parodies with great messages about Covid etc. Very talented group.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok at like 1 pm I hit a brick wall. I am feeling very done, trying to push through the last few work things. Maybe I will find some ambition after dinner maybe I won't LOL. This is why I prefer to try to get my house stuff done in the morning if I can, it is when I have the most energy.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Feb 8th, 2021 at 04:07 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had to change the black ink cartridge in the printer-found the Pixma info online- and decided to change the colour one too (it had a very low level like the original black ink cartridge). FINALLY figured out how to get grayscale printing-it will save on ink. Had to access the Manage button to change printer preferences. Here's hoping the ink lasts into March. I will see if local Shoppers or the ones with big electronics boutiques might stock the dual ink pack in-store. Quest!

Did step out in early afternoon to take bus to collect my store order but 10min of waiting-bus was early, or I missed or it was late. I could not stand outside longer and headed home. Then encountered a local resident with his bulldog not on a leash on the sidewalk. All I said was oh; he said it's all good then tugged on back of dog's harness but both of them took up sidewalk so I took the driveway exit to road. Will see if I can manage to go out in the morning tomorrow despite flurry forecast and have the whistle in my hand in case the person and his at-large-pooch are out when I am.

Since the CTV Barrie station did not carry the SuperBowl game/show, I did not bother with popcorn until today. I did check Twitter last night to see clips of The Weeknd's performances, so the evening was not a total writeoff. I also read Chen Weng's graphic novel 100 Ways Your Two-year old Can Hurt You (some laugh out loud scenarios). All of you parents-did you go through the extended bedtime routines with a child in order to get him/her to sleep?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No I did not have any trouble getting my kids to sleep-both were good sleepers. Argh after another 2+ hr hold with Rev Canada I got cut off-third time in a week. Their system must be overwhelmed.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ceil- my daughter was a nighthawk she didnt go to bed til 9.30 to 10.00 p.m most nights when she was around age 6 and up .I just couldnt get her down ,she was always reading ,or active .Her son is the same way ,sebastian is a night owl also.

Where as my son went to bed early every night,no problem.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sitting here staring at my self evaluation for work, I hate self evaluations, I am my own worst critic.

My new boss is all about the goals/objective which I appreciate as I am very goal oriented but sitting here looking at all the things I did not get in 2020 is a little depressing. On the flip side the perfectionist in me is like hang on reviews are not until next week, how many of these projects (that should have taken me weeks or months to accomplish) can I get done in the next week.

Kind of feel like because I am so tired and worn down right now maybe I am being too honest. It is like well I am good at being multiple people but the one person I cannot seem to cover is myself, every other job seems to come before mine but now here I sit trying to explain why my objectives have not been achieved. I think my record is rewriting my self evaluation 4 times befores I handed it in, wonder if I will beat that number this year LOL.

But seriously I really do hate self-evaluations. Alright that is enough for tonight I am exhausted, I am done.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is my meal plan.
    Monday Ham quesadilla & fresh veggies
    Tue Ham, M&C, veggies
    Wednesday Spaghetti and meatballs

I have other ideas for after that, just not on specific dates.
    Fruit smoothie & banoc
    Wiener & bean soup - end of break
    Fin & hati with biscuits
    Shepherds pie with drop biscuit top
    Nachos and cheese with meat/veggie sauce

edit: we ran out of red skinned potatoes and I don’t like the price at the store.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Feb 9th, 2021 at 12:07 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information