User Tag List

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is morning LOL, I was so exhausted last night I was positive I would sleep, nope. I really struggled this morning but I am up and working away. It is getting to the point where I am starting to not feel well which I know is just from the lack of sleep.

I think today's tasks will be laundry and cleaning the Bathroom. I should also finish sorting socks, everything was going well on my Dresser projects but the last couple of days the progress has slowed down and I need to get back on track.

Dinner is another mystery, think I might look for a slower cooker meal, something I can throw in the slow cooker at lunch and then dinner will be ready when I am done work. Maybe, we will see.

Looks nice and sunny out, not sure how cold it is, hoping not cold, I really should go clean the cars off.

Have a great day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning not super cold when you have a scarf ,hat and heavy mitts on .It actually was refreshing i just shovelled the driveway took about 20 minutes ,as neighbour was helping me do the end part .

I chatted with another neighbour for about 10 minutes so nice to be able to chat (from a big distance) .

Up early so did dishes from last night (sometimes i leave them overnight if i am too tired) and a load of laundry is in the dryer now .

May read or do puzzle.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I just could not get up this morning. Will go for a walk soon for some fresh air.

I didn't take the roast out of the freezer last night. I will tonight and that will be dinner tomorrow night( roast with all the fixings)
    Now I am making a tray of homemade mac and cheese and cooking up the peameal roast from the fridge.
    Cleaning the kitchen as I go. So they have a few choices for dinner and can make salad and veggies to go with it.
    Towels in the dryer and will put away when dry.
    Cleaned the bathrooms yesterday so happy that is done.

I spent $12.84 on groceries yesterday. 2 x wraps. 6lb bag of apples(free SCOP) bananas, ketchup, veggie chips for me lol (hid in my room) and romaine lettuce. Just those few items and we are good this week. Tons of food in freezer and still lots of basics (milk/eggs/bread in freezer we are using up) I think Feb will be a good month for us to keep grocery shopping low and use up stuff.
    @Ciel our Dollar tree has removed the "Everything $1.25" so my wraps were $1.50 each now It must have just changed because I bought wraps 2 weeks ago I think it was at $1.25 each.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Feb 9th, 2021 at 11:23 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning not super cold when you have a scarf ,hat and heavy mitts on .It actually was refreshing i just shovelled the driveway took about 20 minutes ,as neighbour was helping me do the end part .

I chatted with another neighbour for about 10 minutes so nice to be able to chat (from a big distance) .

Up early so did dishes from last night (sometimes i leave them overnight if i am too tired) and a load of laundry is in the dryer now .

May read or do puzzle.
    Isn't it nice when you have nice neighbours? Mine did my driveway yesterday. I was so happy but I haven't seen him yet to thank him.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I am going to have DS empty a kitchen cupboard when he gets home from school and then I can clean it and organize it.
    I was just in there and found an almost full container of protein powder! So we are good for awhile since I just bought one in Jan.
    I need a $2.99 frozen fruit sale so please let me know if you see one That is something on my stock up list.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mac and cheese and roast in the oven. Kitchen is clean!
    Laundry folded and in basket for DS to bring upstairs once he is home from school.
    Now to get some birthday gifts wrapped!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS emptied the cupboard for me and I have wiped it clean (it was disgusting) spilled oil etc for years!! Finally happy to have that cleaned. I will be tossing lots of crap so I will have so much more room in there.

Update- Cupboard is clean. Tossed so much food. What a waste. Oh well lesson learned. My shopping habits have already changed (this stuff was dated 2017!) I stock up but make sure to use stuff up too.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Feb 9th, 2021 at 03:30 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama that happened to us a few years ago, we changed our eating habits and when we cleaned out our stockpile room there were quite a few long expired items that needed to go. It was sad to see it go but was happy to have the room for stuff we eat now.

I have to admit I think that is always why I am struggling with my dresser clean out. I am at the point where I need to decide what I will part with. I look at what I might get rid of and all I see is the $$$ and something within me goes well maybe we will wear it where is the reality is I want the space. It is a battle in my head I need to push through this week.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh what I day, super tired again although no exhausted so am improvement on yesterday.

I do not know if it the mental battle of knowing next week we face employee evaluations and yet again shocker I did not achieve my objective for 2020. But I just feeling very off, my anxiety if up which is causing me to have issues focusing which only makes it worse.

I did get laundry done, just need to put it away which I will do before bed. Bathroom did not get done, maybe tomorrow.

I worked a little late tonight one to make up for my lack of focus but two in hopes that maybe tomorrow I can find some time to take break and maybe tackle some stuff around the house. I just find I do not have the ambition if I wait until after work so maybe shuffling things around will help me get it all done.

Pulled a package of homemade Chicken Teriyaki from the freezer (love having my meats pre prepped and marinated for those much needed easy dinners), I served it with Rice and Stir Fry Veggies.

Have a great night everyone.
    Ciel likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I sometimes have to throw out the odd can that is expired -it is hard when their is only 2 of us .

Today i popped over to fortinos and returned my pants to joe fresh )i called and they told me i could return there( the pants were nice but too short -grabbed a few fruit and salad for us ,and coffee pods for hubby .

Just made a banana loaf and it turned out beautifull,i will freeze some for later days .
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I needed to get out of the house so I went to Dollarama. I found men's 10 pack no show socks. PENN brand. $4
    I bought 4 packages for Christmas!
    What a deal!

My back is killing me from sitting too long at dining room table. I really need to start using office chair.

Have a great night everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks for the price hike confirmation at Dollar Tree, @Frugalbigmama ! I was thinking I should visit my local store for another package of the microfibre cords as I have run out of brights and pastels. This morning, I had replaced two loops on one of Mom's masks as each loop was half-snapped. Also I miss browsing but dislike the idea of long lineups in the cramped aisle by the checkouts. I think SmartCupboards ought to be the next untapped kitchen market area- a digital display on cupboard fronts with listing of contents and when they entered the cupboards. I run across some old items from time to time-a few of my own shopping trips and often with other family members' purchases.

Glad that the overnight snow was small and powdery flaky stuff. I was able to push off most of it with my two favourite lightweight shovels. Downspouts in two locations have frozen ice blocking their openings. Ms. Sunshine was beaming so heartily today even during the lovely curling am snow in late morning, I hoped she'd have thawed that ice but no! I could not risk attempting a trip to city as the snowfall and feeling floppy like old celery in a crisper are not a great combination. Will see if trip is possible another morning when snow is not an issue, as I have a limit of how long I can stand at a bus stop before I tire out. In town, our sidewalks get cleared within a day or two but in Hamilton, reliance is on property owners to clear their own areas of sidewalks within 24h of a snowfall.

Realized I do not have a last bottle of dish detergent, just about a tablespoon left in the Palmolive bottle and about 3 tablespoons' worth of the Dawn. Missed chance to have Mom buy some today when she got Ozonol on her way home but I did not want to add to her list of things to do while out. It was bliss to be home alone!

Roasted Mom's sweet potatoes in the usual manner and added some chili flakes to one end of pan to make the veggies disappear today. Cooked the bag of Japanese mix veggies to make more freezer space as well. Must have had about 5 servings of veggies in the afternoon alone (yay, vitamins).

Tomorrow's plan is to take my weekly library trip. Have to keep that routine so I know there is something to look forward to. And perhaps get a few grocery items on walk home, so there will be dish detergent and more at home. Must see what is in the Giant Tiger flyer for this coming week, as I have missed the Pop Tarts deal.

I have not seen anything on the Ontario Energy Board site today about yet another hydro rate extension with low rates, so think Time of Use and Rates begins again TOMORROW. Have a super evening!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you are a fan of Uniqlo clothing by Ines de la Fressange, anticipate the spring/summer collection launch within a few days. Best to preview the site now (cannot order the new pieces yet), so when the sales open, you can purchase on the first day. Yes, things sell out fairly quickly. Better yet, sign up for e-mails as Uniqlo usually e-mails the day before a collection launch as well on the day of release. Good reminders!
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama I don't see $2.99 frozen fruit deals in the upcoming flyers. Everything is coming up $3.97 (Great Value at WM) to $3.99 (Selection at Food Basics) for Thurs. Feb. 10.
    However, if you'd like $2.99 frozen veggie deals, Shoppers has the PC veg for $2.99 until Feb. 11.
    barbis9 and crafter like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I think SmartCupboards ought to be the next untapped kitchen market area- a digital display on cupboard fronts with listing of contents and when they entered the cupboards. I run across some old items from time to time-a few of my own shopping trips and often with other family members' purchases.
    This already exists; it's called a Post-It note.
    Ciel and crafter like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information