User Tag List

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! So far my day is off to a good start. I've gone for a walk, laundry is being done and our pooch is going for his first spa day (he has short hair so I usually shampoo here). It's a way to help and support local business now that we've opened up in a green zone. We're still planning on sticking around home for the most part but I may give in and go to Mark's WW to buy one pair of larger sized jeans...I can't use black leggings as my only wardrobe bottoms.
    Simple food day today. DHs turn for lunch/brunch and we have leftover burritos for dinner.
    We have decided to get more of our home painted in a few weeks so it's time to roll up our sleeves and get spring cleaning beforehand.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Another slow start to the day, I slept better but still not good, so I slept in this morning. Since I am starting to feel like my lack of sleep is making me feel sick I am at the point of I will take sleep where ever I can get it. Which means as much as I want to be a morning person again and miss getting up at 5 am and having that quiet time to get my work done sleeping till 7 was more needed today.

Slowly working through my to-do-list for work and well I made my honey lemon this morning I started to empty the dishwasher. Our kitchen is going to need some attention today, it isn't a complete disaster but it needs some love. Need to empty the dishwasher, reload and then there will be a few hand dishes that need doing.

Time to try to find my focus and see what I can get done today.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Frugalbigmama I don't see $2.99 frozen fruit deals in the upcoming flyers. Everything is coming up $3.97 (Great Value at WM) to $3.99 (Selection at Food Basics) for Thurs. Feb. 10.
    However, if you'd like $2.99 frozen veggie deals, Shoppers has the PC veg for $2.99 until Feb. 11.
    Thanks! We are good for a few weeks just hope a sale comes soon. I pay $2 or under for PC veggies
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are getting lots of snow and are under a winter advisory. Good ol' Georgian Bay

Drove DS to school. Came home made coffee and egg on an English muffin. Bit of work and waiting for a delivery to my office so I can go pick up.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@HermanH YES! I ran out of Post-It Notes and I'd love another block of Rio or Miami colours soon!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Glad I got a new Aeroplan Amex card for a $120 fee 3 months ago. I had enough miles to defray the cost of daughter flying home during study break next week by about $350 so well worth it. I also got one free companion ticket-not sure where we could go but maybe if I book at the end of this year for DH and I to go next summer we might be able to. A person can dream! Goals are indoor today due to -37 wind chill.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Have a short and sweet grocery list made up for Fortinos, packed my library materials into a tote and will get the cart loaded before noon. Two bottles to return as well. May as well try to get a few things done on one trip. Waiting for temperature to rise some more before I set out for a walk. Plan to do a walk to Walmart/Longos afterwards as well.

Made a pot of Lipton's chicken noodle soup with some ground ginger, herbes de Provence and smoked paprika. The breakfast warmed me up! I'll be ready for tea later in the day.
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I talked with my husbands sister yesterday and she is in need of tops and socks (she lives on her own in an apt(she never married and has no children) and is on a disability pension ) she is just 4 years younger than us ,so i have a few tops for her and a few socks and one new pair that dont fit me .

Maybe we will drop off on older brother's door step for he see's her more often then us .Then he can deliver the items to her .nice to help out when needed.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Frugalbigmama -yes it is nice to have one neighbour on the one side of us very helpfull and friendly ,he gave hubby a boost last week before we went out and bought the charger for us .

My other neighbour well they are older ,but have a daughter that lives at home in her early 40's .In the summer we cut their front lawn as it is shared with us (no division ) as we are on a curve of the crescent .

It is nice to see some little children move onto our street ,when houses are sold .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Frugalbigmama -yes it is nice to have one neighbour on the one side of us very helpfull and friendly ,he gave hubby a boost last week before we went out and bought the charger for us .

My other neighbour well they are older ,but have a daughter that lives at home in her early 40's .In the summer we cut their front lawn as it is shared with us (no division ) as we are on a curve of the crescent .

It is nice to see some little children move onto our street ,when houses are sold .
    Yes all the houses on my crescent all the kids have grown up and mine were the youngest for a long while. A few houses have sold the past few years (people downsizing since we are all 2 story homes) so some new young kids on the cres. Our crescent backs on to a park/baseball diamond so we have the path from the sidewalk and was my main reason to buy here!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I can't remember the last time I washed my hair loll. Last Friday maybe? Anyway it was time! Just had a nice hot shower.
    The beauty of long hair is you can put it up in a bun and not worry about it!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This girl does not have to worry about washing her hair any more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_VyOLlo76g
    JadeAngel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wrapped DS's bday gifts. Niece's bday gifts. And my mom's Mother Day gift (plus fresh flower pots that I will make for her)
    Feeling productive today!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-I am pretty sure Mother's Day isn't until May-I haven't even thought about what to give my Mum for her birthday in 4 weeks-good grief you are putting me to shame. I can no longer enjoy my guilt free day lounging around-lol.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    FBM-I am pretty sure Mother's Day isn't until May-I haven't even thought about what to give my Mum for her birthday in 4 weeks-good grief you are putting me to shame. I can no longer enjoy my guilt free day lounging around-lol.
    I am trying to be prepared this year!
    JadeAngel, Ciel and lizzie bargain like this.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information