User Tag List

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I think PC is trying to entice customers back with the PC Offers. Mom has not used her cards in months because I am doing most of the shopping and she is getting more offer than my card. With that being said I notice when we do a Costco and we do not shop for 3+ weeks my offers increase.

Yesterday was a good day, went out to dig out from the snow storm only to discover one of my nice neighbours had cleaned off both of our cars for us so I only had to do the shovelling, it was a nice, sweet surprise. After Dinner Mom did the hand dishes so no dishes for me today. We had Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes & Corn for dinner. We have a tons of Leftover Mashed Potatoes plus there are still some potatoes to be used.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery but I am thinking maybe Chicken Enchiladas, I have some tomato sauce to use up which goes in the sauce and it is something different. Will see how the day goes or if Mom has any cravings before I finalize.

I should really do laundry today but we shall see if it happens LOL. Tomorrow I have a doc appointment so I will get out of the house for about 15 minutes, I live close to my doc and it will be a super quick appointment, literally 60 seconds. Now that you are the only appointment booked there is no waiting. So maybe I will do laundry when I get home instead, we will see.

Have a great day everyone
    JadeAngel, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Canon Pixma fans-Walmart has the printer on sale in the current flyer for $69.98. And supposedly the xl ink duo pack of black and colour inks for the same price (for T3320 and some other models of Pixma). If you find that ink deal, it's cheaper than online at SHoppers or Staples.

Uniqlo has the Ines de la Fressange spring collection (women) up for sale as of today! Got the day-before e-mail yesterday. Go, go before items sell out!

Our community paper bundle was lobbed sometime last night but I did not venture out until today to confirm the blob on driveway wasn't frozen snow. Longos flyer (yes!) and no Sobeys or No Frills but that's ok. Check back page of Staples health and safety booklet-$10 off $75 purchase coupon on items in the booklet until early March.

Had my morning porridge with cocoa and I'm ready to greet Ms. Sunshine today. Feel like walking over to Longos and Value Village to see what's in store. Have a great day!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh ceil -i would love to know what you find at value village ,as i love thrift shopping .

I just made my homemade chicken with rice soup (i got 5 small glass containers for the freezer ) I just had a yummy bowl full.

I am not going out today ,groceries can wait ,and so can my returns to the mall.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just went for my neighbourhood walk. Have to go out later for an appointment so will walk the downtown while down there to get in hopefully more steps. Just had a smoothie for my lunch. Trying not to think about the last 2 pieces of cheesecake in the fridge from DS's bday cake. I wish youngest DS would hurry up and eat them and save me from myself!! (oldest isn't a sweet lover)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    (oldest isn't a sweet lover)
    Ahem. You probably meant, 'isn't a lover of sweets'.
    JadeAngel and Ciel like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing much happening today. Shopped at FreshCo, Loblaws, and No Frills, which is my normal shopping trifecta every Thursday. Used 6 FPC at NF and since it was customer appreciation day I also received a huge bunch of bananas, gratis! Was happy about that. Across the three shops, did all the shopping for the next 7 days menu and all in all it was $39.00. On top of that also got 4300 points from points offers on PCO.

Happy also that I am on tiered hydro. I know everyone has the low rate un Feb 22 in Ontario, but we are now in the mindset of doing whatever we want when we want, hydro wise.

So dishwasher was full so I just decided to run it now and it will be all done by 5PM and emptied for the dinner hour. Easy decision to make as even without the low hydro rate until Feb 22 2021 it still would not be a huge rate given the tiered rate in Ontario.

Time to put my feet up and watch the Welsh Open snooker championship until dinner.!

Cheerio!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@GoodBoy , I am with you on tiered Hydro. It has been nice to just get things and not have to wait until 7 pm. I know Co-workers who say it is worth being on TOU and just doing everything after 7 pm. Honestly, come 7 pm I have no ambition, I do not want to starting laundry or other tasks so everything got pushed to the weekends. Then the weekend would come and there was no rest or relaxation it was getting everything done I could not do during the week.

Especially for me working remotely it makes more sense now I can get it done during the day well I am working.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes exactly @SassyAshley ! I know I am only saving maybe 10-15$ a month by being on tiered, but I am also gaining the no thinking of when I want to use hydro. That is the best benefit. Also, come summer when the A/C is running in the middle of the hot days I will save even more $ by not paying over 20+Cents/KWH on TOU but rather 12+Cents/KWH. For us it is a win win win and win

ETA: Even with the lower 600 KWH threshold in the summer months, in the past 4 years we have only gone over 600 one month. So even at a slightly hight tiered cost, over 600, it is still much much cheaper than the TOU rates in the hot days of summer ... for us!

Also because of lower RRIF withdrawals last year I should be able to take advantage of, after this years taxes are done, a huge monthly rebate on hydro. Looks something like $40.00/month right off the bill for two years. BONUS!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Feb 18th, 2021 at 03:43 PM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Am loving the new dishwasher. Have learned it does not use heat to dry the dishes but used a condensation method and a fan to draw the moisture to the side and bottom panels and condense there. Very interesting. Everything is always bone dry and no extra hydro for a heating element to dry. Love the German engineering!
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Oh ceil -i would love to know what you find at value village ,as i love thrift shopping .

I just made my homemade chicken with rice soup (i got 5 small glass containers for the freezer ) I just had a yummy bowl full.

I am not going out today ,groceries can wait ,and so can my returns to the mall.
    I postponed my trip (waited too long and it was snowing after 4:30pm) until tomorrow. Plan to work on income tax return tonight and go tomorrow to glance at thrift (11am store opening) goodies (browsing only!).
    Angela273, coupon girl and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama I was looking at the Loblaws flyer on the Blog and noticed PC Frozen Fruit is $3.49. Close but not quite at your price point. However, you might have a PC Optimum offer that might make the price worth getting? Points offer on frozen fruit or pts wus $x
    GoodBoy likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Today was a good day, I needed a day where I just got stuff done. Nothing I did today was earth shattering but it was just knocking things off my to-do-list which I needed. Next week will be back into hardcore training which makes me nervous but deep breathes.

Did not get much done around the house, dishwasher emptied, hand dishes done from tonight's dinner.

Dinner was Chicken Enchilada, I was thinking Baked Tortellini tomorrow night but I see we have some mushrooms that need to be used up so might need to come up with plan b that uses mushrooms. I saw a recipe on line for Mushroom & Balsamic Chicken or maybe Steak with Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions, will see how we are feeling tomorrow

I really need a get it all done day around the house but I just find my ambition is not there, but I have started to sleep again *fingers crossed* I did not jinx it so hopefully a few more night of good sleep and my ambition will come back.

Off to finish watching the season finale of Mask Dancer and then it will be bedtime.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    Ciel, coupon girl and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Knocked a couple things off the work to-do-list. We got a little bit of snow last night so I will need to shovel and clean off the car before I go to the Doc.

Not sure why but I am feeling a little anxious today. Hoping once I get out it will ease off.

Still have to decide on dinner for tonight, I am starting to feel those sayings are true:
    The two things they do not tell you about adulthood is you will constantly be asking what can I make for dinner tonight and no matter what even if you do not cook you will constantly be cleaning the kitchen.

Hoping this afternoon I can knock a few things off the home to-do-list. I will start laundry when I get home, there are a few dishes in the drying rack to be put away. I still need to tackle the stack of clothes I need to decide if I am keeping as well, not sure why just not looking forward to this task. Next I need to tackle the pile on my floor, I know there are more clothes in the pile. To be honest I think most of the pile is clothes from the last time I started to clean out my dressers and closet and stopped.

Does anyone else find there are certain areas of the house that you just put off cleaning. For me it is my bedroom, the only thing I do in my room is sleep so I always put my room to the back burner. I am always more worried about the main floor, the kitchen, living room, dining and the bathroom, the areas we live in. Maybe it is just me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and I see there are some travel advisories for some areas in Ontario, for anyone in those areas keep safe. For those in that travel advisory I could not help but notice next week they are calling for 2 days to be in positive digits, only plus 2 but I will take it.
    Ciel, coupon girl and GoodBoy like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning sassy i put off dusting -i just hate doing it .I love doing laundry and folding and putting my clothing right away .My towels all smell wonderful ,( as i do towels right away )as my kids put off doing their towels due to their busy lives .

I need groceries may pop over to fortinos today ,as they have a fair amount of items on sale i need and may use some points up to save money .
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!! I am so looking to the weekend and not working!!

I have a large garbage bag of stuff my sister gave me. What we don't want I can sell So that is my fun little treasure hunt this morning.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information