User Tag List

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! It has been snowing all morning. My app says "Snow Shower". I warned DS that he will have to shovel after school. Good fresh air for him.

I am just plowing through stuff at work. Of course it is all new stuff that I just received but getting it done so I can start my list of my regular stuff. Deal with it as it comes in so I don't have to touch it again (hopefully as that is the plan!)
    Just toasting an English muffin now for breakfast.

Have a great day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hydro guys only looked did not touch, I am happy
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Angela273 I just did a return with receipt at Walmart in Ontario - no problem. I saw a couple try to return a sound bar where the serial numbers didn't match to the box, and they called the manager and got a refund! Maybe asking to speak to the manager and telling them you were told you could return the item might work.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Frugalbigmama I am with your DS, it has been years since I did a full clothing purge and now that I am trying to purge I regret putting it off so long.

Question for everyone, I need opinions. I have some items I want to give away for free but I do not want to donate them as I am hoping these items will go to those in need that with Covid cannot thrift shop. My biggest thing is our town is big about bin on your front step but right now with Covid, I do not want multiple people touching this bin. Would it be wrong (keep in mind, these items are free) if I was to leave them in a bag someone would just come and grab the bag, no bin involved?
    The other option is posting locally at www.trashnothing.com website. I found it any easy way to get rid of stuff (porch pick up). Hopefully Goodwill and Salvation Army will take donations soon.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley Good! Nothing draws me to a window faster than a parked City or Utility vehicle in front of our house or at the neigbhours nearby!
    @HermanH I only recently looked at the site recently due to a contest promo and I thought the site looked much worse than the image you have posted. Yes, Adobe Flash is not being supported by Google in this year but maybe another browser might work better? Odd that old flyers are showing. Usually a sign that maybe business or traffic is not what it used to be or as I recall from another site that basically flamed out in late 2019, the money was not coming in and the contests got really dismal.
    barbis9, SassyAshley and HermanH like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had a glance at Ontario Energy Board's site and yes the province is back on Time of Use but bonus-the rates are about 3 cents lower than they were in November 2020. So off-peak is 8.5c/kwh, mid-peak is 11.xc and peak is 17.xc right now.

Completed my tax return-it will be in the outgoing mailbox before 9:30am! Am visualizing that I will be able to spend the tax credit in late March, despite the eight weeks' processing time listed in the general tax return guide! Plus any public health guidelines that may affect turnaround time in processing paper returns.

All my snow shovelling to help drain water away from the house is working. The roof is working too-it let snow slide off very fast in the morning. Bro thought it a good idea to dig up the two plastic downspout diverters and just leave them standing in the laundry tub. Nope, I ran warm water into both and found silt and leaves plus lots of ice! Had to bleach-clean the sink out after the washout so any hand laundry won't get stained.

Mom's trying a couple of new baking recipes based on videos she's watched on Youtube. She seems to be a on a roll. One sweet treat worked out well, while the other one (savoury)turned out well-it's more like a bread product without any wow factor. I gave feedback and she's going to try some other recipes. Have not seen her this keen about baking (aside from her regular bread baking) in some time.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I spent 1.5hrs playing outside with our children and helping the water drain down our street. It was +6 and the rapid melt was trying to flood various areas where the drains were plugged with ice. Our neighbour finally chipped out the ice from the drain at the end of their driveway. My children and I helped to drain the huge puddles.

Today we received at least 6” of fluffy snow. It melted some mid-day. Dh shovelled early in the morning. I shovelled on my morning break. After our children finished their homework I spent 1.5hrs helping them dig and build a snow fort. They were surprised by how much we accomplished.
    I bought some nice grapes for every to eat for snacks. I wish celery wasn’t so expensive. I love adding it to recipes.

Tonight’s supper was roast beef with whole onions, gravy, noodles, carrots with peas, and horseradish. There are enough leftovers for supper tomorrow.

Dh didn’t get home from work until 8pm. He carried a sleeping child to bed for me. Someone gave my neighbour several bags of clothes. She sorted through and Hep what she wanted, then dropped off the remaining 2 garbage bags of clothes for my boys. I sorted it all tonight. Several items for ds right now, a good amount will go into the bins for him to grow into. I posted 1/2 a garbage bag of the clothes for Fred on our local Facebook pages, but no takers yet.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Feb 24th, 2021 at 12:45 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday snow melted in the afternoon so no shovelling for me which made me happy. When I was done work yesterday I was very tired and went to bed early.

I might be a little insane, I already have back to back training booked for today but I added another training session at the end of my day plus mid day I need to cover a staff member remotely. One day the chaos will end LOL.

I got permission to go in on Friday and cover one of our managers, still trying to decide if since I will be "close" to Costco if I should do our grocery shopping. I am a bit worried about busy Costco will be at 5 pm on a Friday.

I need to clean out our fridge, I do not think there is really anything to throw out, we are good about eating things up so we do not have food waste. Although I think there might be some older Half & Half that needs to go but that is about it. Mostly I just need to organize it and well I am at it I will give it a good wipe down. Maybe I can get this done on my lunch break, maybe.

I feel like I need a really good day of just getting stuff done around the house, I am really in the mood to purge. Just wish I could my body on the right schedule, on the weekends I am so tired and barely accomplish anything but come the week I want to clean and purge but I have to work. I would say I would aim for this weekend but if I do Costco shop Friday it means my weekend will be spent Meal Prepping and processing my large shop. There just are not enough hours in the day.

I think we have another possibility of snow today but it supposed to start as snow and change to rain so we will see what happen. Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby had to pick up granddaughter at school yesterday and he fell on the way home ,so sore shoulder /arm last night and today .Car is in the shop need front brakes and some control bar underneath was loose or needs replacing $$$ ,such is life .At least i was able to save about $900 the last month or two .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl hope your hubby feels better.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Light snow overnight. Just a blah kind of day today.

I stopped at GT yesterday on my way home from work and grabbed 6 boxes of the burger patties on sale for $5.99. I am thinking of stopping today and grabbing more. Works out to 2.99LB and I don't have to make them.
    RCSS has BLSL chicken breasts on sale tomorrow. We have one package left in our freezer (guess we eat more chicken then I realized!) So this is a time to redeem PC pts for a meat stock up.
    Will look at my pc pts today and save what I think I will use next week.

Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Hubby had to pick up granddaughter at school yesterday and he fell on the way home ,so sore shoulder /arm last night and today .Car is in the shop need front brakes and some control bar underneath was loose or needs replacing $$$ ,such is life .At least i was able to save about $900 the last month or two .
    I noticed this morning that the light snow is on top of ice since it was mild yesterday and then froze up. Dangerous time of year!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , by far our household goes through more Chicken Breast than any other meat. Pretty much every time I go to Costco I grab at least package even pre pandemic.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am so pleased to have been able to book a Covid vaccine for my Mum this morning-of course the website and phone line were both crashing but after 30 minutes of dogged persistence by DH and I we got her an apt for Saturday and the second dose a few weeks later. Not sure if anyone else has an offer of 2,000 PC pts when you buy $20 of gas at Esso. I almost missed it but I will definitely get some today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Frugalbigmama, by far our household goes through more Chicken Breast than any other meat. Pretty much every time I go to Costco I grab at least package even pre pandemic.
    Yeah between the youngest and I we like chicken. He eats cold breasts right out of the fridge! He was on a strict diet in the summer (his choice) and slimmed right up. All he ate was chicken and veggies.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information