User Tag List

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

i will update later and give news when I will have the time...
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Update: Here is the complete history.....My father will be 72 years old next march 7...
    Yesterday he was not feeling very well..say every part of his body hurt so he said I will go to the emergercy.I offered 3 time to call the ambulance for him even if we are at 3 streets of the hospital...he said no I am capable to go it by myself by walk...I said ok but I will go with you just to be sure.At the hospital with corona virus you cannot stay with a person.....but when to the pretest of the emergency and he stay like 15 minutes talking to a nurse...I knew at this time it was something serious....So they kept him in observation.....Said to me to call in 3-4 hours later...I return to my home in cry...Called him later no response called the hospital he was with the doctor and no information i can have and was given to me....doctor called me later...to said wow ..you did the good think by bring in it here it is just in time...he have a clot in is heart arteria and was transferated to another hospital ....I did nothing my father wanted to go to the hospital...so now only me a friend and his sister are aware...tomorrow will be contacting the familly...I will be operated to his heart propably...and have to quit smoking...I talked him 5 minutes tonight and he will update me tomorrow

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

my mother was in the same pattern but died of an pulmonaris embolie..so I dont want to relive that scary scenario again....
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**hugs** Cath, prayers for your dad
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Today is going to be a super busy day but let's backtrack a little first.

Yesterday was super busy and I did not get everything done at work so if I can find the time I will need to get some stuff done over the weekend but that might be a little hard as I have a super busy weekend planned. My performance review got pushed to Monday so not sure if they have some ideas on getting me some help, from comments my boss has made I think that is his plan but I have not heard the plan.

I am getting a bit frustrated as part of my job is to write policy and procedure for the company but lately I am not getting any feedback so I have a number of of these items just sitting on the backburner waiting for yes, no, change. So that is becoming a little frustrating.

After work I went and did our Costco shop, as always I spent more than I had planned but I am super happy with me shop. I ended up picking up more meat than planned:
    Originally I was going to grab 2 packages of Chicken Breast which I got
    Originally I was going to grab 1 package of Ground Beef I grabbed 2
    No plan to buy Chicken Wings but grabbed a package for Mom, she enjoys them and cooking them at home is so much cheaper than ordering them
    No plan to buy whole chicken but they were on sale, I got 3 whole Chicken for just over $20
    Yeah, that shows how my shop went. Only thing I am questioning is should I have bought 3 Cheddar Cheese instead of 2 but oh well we will make it work.

As Frugalbigmama said, totally noticed at Costco Prices are going up mostly on everyday items, grrrr. I am going to have to watch the sales and check out some prices at the store and re-evaluate what we normally buy at Costco. Things I noticed have gone up:
    Eggs
    Sour Cream
    Bacon
    Produce in general, most things seem to have increase by about $1/package

But with that being said some things have gone down in Price:
    Cucumbers
    Bacon Bits (Real Bacon pieces)

I will look over my bill in more detail and compare it to some previous bills to get a better idea. I am really struggling with no chasing the sales right now but at the same time I just do not feel comfortable chasing the sales. I do not like the idea of going to multiple stores and going out more often. I am trying not to live in fear but I also feel we need to be cautious and cannot let our guard down. Oh how I miss normal.

Alright, I better get to it, my to-do-list is massive and I am going to share some of my process on instagram. Instagram was supposed to be my me thing but well work again is getting in the way. I am not back to working 6 or 7 days a week or 12 to 14 hour days but my hours are increasing and I need to get back on track with finding balance in my life, it is my goal for 2021.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-hugs and prayers for your dad .You did the right thing in getting him to the hospital .
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy - i am not chasing sales anymore -i havent bought laundry soap or fabric softner in awhile and it is going down my stock ,as i dont see it on sale (on the days i go)much where i shop (which is fortinos,sobeys or shoppers )The sales are somewhat out there if you wish to run all around -i dont wish too.

Well my son (my youngest) i only have 2 kids is 36 today .I so would love to hug him ,miss that .I will give him socks as i always get them on sale year round and a bit of money .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh i just ordered from old navy as i had old navy cash.I wasnt going to order anything but they had swing tank dresses for summer and i dont have many dresses for the warm weather .I tell you people are starting to buy all the summer stuff up now ,so i am not waiting til april and there is nothing left in my size large or xl.Plus i bought 3 masks cloth from the gap 3.99 and my daughter gave me one back in nov when i saw her and they fit nice (if they are the same ones) we will see.

Got a cheque from raketan $25.40 will pay for my haircut this week ,hubby and i are going together .Hairdresser said i will put you both in back to back as we are in same household.I last got mine haircut in end of nov ,hubby oct his looks so overgrown right now -lol .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Feb 27th, 2021 at 07:30 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thinking of you and your dad Cathy.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

NO FRILLS FPCGO! GO! GO!https://www.save.ca/nfcat8
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

cath - hugs. my husband went to the hospital for hear issues a few months ago. it is very scary. hugs.

Sassy - i follow you on instagram .

ok. shopping done.

I am a sweet spot covid wise right now. our area numbers are very low , we are moving to orange. however... the whole 3rd wave thing i am terfified for and simply waiting on it to arrive. so, right now.. i get what i need .. and a few extras.... waiting for when i can only shop fo bare min again...

i am not chasing deals eather... i am being aware.. but.. not waiting for a deal .
    this was to be my low shop week.... then i went to m and m meats. expensive store. but they have a few of our favorites in there. i am hoping to get the bbq up soon, so i picked up stuff for that. i will watch sales for them from now on. full price sucks....lol.

went to the dollar tree and dollerama ( i feel so wicked!) picked up a few things at each.
    sdm, did well.
    no shopping planned for the rest of the week.

goal.. spotless the kitchen. then work on my crochet.

i figured out the min of silliness stuff for myself. i am good. stuff i do anyway, so its not a biggie
    my funny is that there was a admendment to the act that now states .. that ferrets in centers, or home childcare settings must be inoculated against rabies.... good to know. I am not getting a ferret
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I picked up Take & Make kits from our public library. I think someone new is in charge of these programs because the portion sizes were much larger. We just used one kit to make chocolate dipped pretzels. Keeping the other kits for now. Kids are currently eating the leftover melted chocolate from the bowls. They had fun. The chocolate is firming up, then they can eat some.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

my father called me to update me and it is a nighmare news...my familly will be there for my need in grocerie medication so no worries for this pointéébut he will have 4 BYPASS and will be in minimum 1 week in hospital...please pray for us...please pray

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta thank you for the follow

I feel you on buying the bare minimum, I think that is what is getting me. I keep doing a large shop to get us through just in case. I went in January hoping to get to the end of February end of March which I accomplished. But I thought my last large shop would be the last time I completely stocked up hoping by March we would at least be back to our "New Normal." Now they are saying March or April we will see a 3rd wave so again I did a complete stock up.

Kind of like before Christmas I figure if we see the 3rd wave I am stocked up if needed, if we do not see the third wave then I can go to bare minimum shopping. I just wish prices were rising so quickly and the biggest increases seem to be on everyday staples:
    Butter
    Eggs
    Produce - Unless potatoes are on sale they are so expensive, was shocked to see a 10lb bag of carrots that used to be $4.99/bag at Costco is now $8.99 and tomatoes, when did tomatoes get so expensive

It is so hard to not shop the sales so I am just going to try to find a middle ground that works for me.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cath prayers for your Dad.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information