User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Delayed operations

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

All non emergency surgeries were postponed in March due to the virus and since reopening in June , the hospitals and doctors have been scrambling to catch up.

Well, 2 weeks ago i got a phone call from the hospital for an operation to remove a membrane growing over my retina. That take place on Sept 10th. I can hardly wait because right now i only have 10% vision in my left eye. So im looking forward to this but still nervous.

This afternoon, hubby gets a phone call from the medical clinic for his catarac operation for Sept 9th! That was postponed on March 28th. Its been a long time coming. But how ironic that both of us will be operated in the same week. Its like the blind leading the blind. lol
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SnowFlakey I will remember to keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers in a few days. How very odd that both of you were rescheduled that close together.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Sep 6th, 2020 at 11:22 AM. Reason: I dislike spelling errors, had to fix it....lol
    SnowFlakey and Shwa Girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

thank you!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wishing good outcomes for both of you!
    Had a routine eye check up in August. It took a month to schedule. Eye doctor said they won't catch up on their wait list until December.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    All non emergency surgeries were postponed in March due to the virus and since reopening in June , the hospitals and doctors have been scrambling to catch up.

Well, 2 weeks ago i got a phone call from the hospital for an operation to remove a membrane growing over my retina. That take place on Sept 10th. I can hardly wait because right now i only have 10% vision in my left eye. So im looking forward to this but still nervous.

This afternoon, hubby gets a phone call from the medical clinic for his catarac operation for Sept 9th! That was postponed on March 28th. Its been a long time coming. But how ironic that both of us will be operated in the same week. Its like the blind leading the blind. lol
    So glad that the surgeries are forthcoming soon. I am still waiting here in the north.
    walkonby and SnowFlakey like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wishing you and your husband well in your surgeries. Will you be able to get homecare to help for a few days?
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am happy that you and your DH will be able to get your surges done. Wishing you both all the best . Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Wishing you and your husband well in your surgeries. Will you be able to get homecare to help for a few days?
    No, we wont be getting home care but im sure one of the kids will come and help if we need it.
    Tweets77 likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well hubby has his operation yesterday but the hospital called and postponed mine until Monday Sept 14th at 7:00 AM. Oh well.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It sure suck to have both of yours operations delayed but I am glad for you that it will get done!!! Keeping you and your dh in my prayers
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I had my operation on Sept 14th. I actually thought it would be a bit simpler, more like a cataract operation, but it wasnt. First of all, it was in a hospital under local anaesthesia with an IV and heart monitors, etc., which really really surprised me. The doctor and his operating room nurses were very pleasant and put me at ease but it was the not knowing what would happen.

My eye area was washed down with the orange/brown liquid to disenfect the area. then the doctor inserted a needle under my eye above the cheek bone, lots of pressure, to freeze the eye. (actually that right side of my head was all numb and i couldnt open my eye or see out of it at all). theb he operated. He put gas in my eye to prevent infections and i see everything watery. (its like when you see globules of fat in chicken soup, that what i see right now: globules or bubbles which should clear out in approximately 14 days) Everything went well and now hopefully im on the road to recovery.

My doctors visit was yesterday (1 day after operation) and he is satisfied; no infection or anything. Now the healing begins. Im not allowed to drive for at least 2 weeks, have to sleep with my head elevated, wear an eye patch at night when sleeping, take 4 different kinds of eye drop 4 times a day, no heavy lifting. My vision is distorted greatly in my left eye but the doctor said it should start improving within that 14 day period when i go back to see him again. the condition i have is called epiretinal membrane. Most people regain approximately 80-90% of their vision. I hope im in that percentage. Well thats for now.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

By the way, hubby's next cataract operation is Oct 7th. I hope Quebec Govt doesnt decide to shut things down before then.
    cath007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hope your eye is better soon. My husband has been waiting for a new hip for 16 months-I hope he does not have to wait too much longer.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Hope your eye is better soon. My husband has been waiting for a new hip for 16 months-I hope he does not have to wait too much longer.
    I heard that if another lockdown occurs, it will be much much longer with all the backups in surgeries. Having hip pain makes walking difficult. Pain meds help. I hope he isnt in too much pain.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@SnowFlakey glad your operating went well. Hoping you eye heals fast
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information