User Tag List

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I need to do my grocery shopping list for tomorrow afternoon and not be to tired....Hope it will not have a lot of people in maxi with their 1$2$ sale.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I have to learn to not look at grocery flyers because when I do, I go down a rabbit hole. We are still trying to limit how often we leave the house and how many stores we go into but as I have mentioned we really need butter.

Since Covid "hit" we have gone back to our ways of making things vs buying them because we try to limit how often we go in stores. Even pre Covid we went through more flour than most people I know but now, Butter, Eggs, Oil, Flour and Milk we go through quite a bit so I try to keep up stocked up. But yeah still trying to figure out what has happened with the price of Butter, I am at a loss.

Since I need to go get butter anyway I decided to look at the whole flyer which lead to looking at flyers for other stores and well my nice quick we need butter has turned into quite the list, grrrr.

I started to get really on edge last night, not sure if it is because I was coming into work today plus I have been not reading the Covid updates for my own mental sanity but last night silly me I did read an article and yeah, let the spinning start. This all lead to me being like okay maybe I should stock up. I really feel like there is no right answer here and as someone who is not good with the unknown Covid is really testing my anxiety at times.

Even sitting here right now part of me is like maybe I should just run to the store now grab everything and then it is in my car and I know I have what we need. I was hoping actually being at work work distract me but no such luck. Sadly, I know this is one of my triggers and yeah trying to breathe through it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good lunch time everyone !!! Beautiful sunny day so I will make sure to take some fresh airs on the balcony this afternoon or this evening!!!
    Folded the last towells .
    Did half of my bedroom cleaning !!!! It make me proud and happy and maybe I will leave the door open soon lol.
    Found some more unfitted clothes to donates,lots of products like bodywash and perfumes and so on...so stocked
    And I have at least 6 boxes to check and organize
    i have so much clothes cleaning to do it is a mess...I put and sorted all my clothes on my bed so they are ready to be washed ...really that dryer issue is a negative point right now.....
    Will see if the hanged clothes are dry and fold them(some tee shirts) and will do 2 others loads of clothes maybe...I have so much more clothes that I tought...goof thing or not lol
    Alright time to figure out lunch need something quick because I am starving lol !!!
    Have a good afternoon everyone
    I have the feeling dad will call just tonight or tomorrow..impatiently waiting here!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am so not feeling work today!!! I went and parked in the Giant Tiger mall and walked around. It is so windy and cold out and so many people are out. And nobody I recognize from my small town so guess the cottagers are here,

DS is called back to work tonight. Will be good for him to get back into a routine again.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to once upon a child this morning with 2 large rubbermaid bins and i small bin of shoes for them to buy $180.00 my dear son and daughter-in-law got (only 3 people were in the store when it opened,i got there at 9.15 and waited outside for 15 minutes .

I did get a new toy for sebastian jurassic small dino's $5.50 a brand new old navy quick dry top for ashlyn $4.00 and matching capris 4.00.

Then on to talize i spent $27 and i got 2 pairs of yoga pants plus a pair of bare trap leather sandels on the shoe company's website a similar pair go for 59.99 i paid $7.99 brand new.Plus found a pair of 9-11 socks for 1.49 .I used a 5.00 donation card you save 5.00 when you spend over 25.00.

Then on to the mall i exchanged the 2 summer dresses for a large size and now they dont gap around my underarms .paid 11.00 for one and $15 for the other .

Splurge of the day cinnabons 2 fresh little ones for hubby and i (not cheap but again a treat .)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 12th, 2021 at 01:47 PM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sport Chek slides and laundry bags (kind of heavy white mesh so I'll keep them for socks or sweaters) came on Monday.
    The last sweater from the Bay came on Wednesday (a day ahead of revised delivery date) and while sleeves are a tad long, the rest of the sweater fits Mom and has nickel-size buttons. Wish there were pockets, but oh well!

Yesterday, the sinus pressure and headache throbbed in time to the wind gusts. Had to nap in afternoon. Watched last half of suppertime news and around 7pm just before the rain, most of the pain fell off (just a slight pressure). Woo! That was better. Flipped through the weekly paper and flyers. Must credit Leon's marketing team for inspired flyer using the Renovacation theme and travel stamps throughout the flyer. Have seen the new commercial too-very much in line with many are thinking, "I want to go somewhere!"

This morning, all I could see were branches and things to rake. Spent 90 min outside and used last of 3 yard bags. Went to Lowes this afternoon to get more (never let 0 supply of yard waste bags put off a restock for long!) bags as I anticipate with snowshowers, there will be a repeat of broken branches. Did not have enough energy to get the normal rake out and cover large areas-that's another day's battle. Also stopped into Longos to get their Spring Experience magazine issue and a few breakfast items and reduced produce. Did find a dime on the walk to the stores-that was welcome! There are so many little stones that need to be raked as well-part of next week's yard workout.

Unfortunately, Mom and brother are not taking me seriously in taking the mower cutting blades to get sharpened at a local service. Brother actually told me he'd give me a file to use. I cannot believe what is inspiring his comments. Not much else is being seen as necessary to do now, ahead of the warm weather. BTW, I have save the Hamilton Sod ad from the new Moneysaver brochure for the $20 discount on a big yellow bag of soil. If I do order one (providing I know that my tax credit arrives and it hasn't), I can savour knowing I'd ask for the bag to be left at the end of the driveway. It's a good plan so far...the lawn is looking like a buffet burrowyard.

Speaking of tax credits and returns-CRA plans to lock 800000 taxpayer accounts tomorrow if they are ones believed to have been accessed with logins acquired on the dark web. Some kind of bad news to discover on a Friday. See the article link in the Finance-CRA:Netfile thread about how contact will be made with affected accountholders for setting up new accounts.

Diversion news-Circle K supposedly has exclusive rights to Mountain Dew Major Melon single serve pop until April. Then I assume other stores will carry it. There is one Toronto store selling US cans of the drink. Pity that only US residents can enter the two contests related to the new pop flavour. I hadn't realized it was launched around Super Bowl Sunday; I saw the John Cena ad online today.
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl Delighted to read that your youngest granddaughter is back at home! Good thrift store finds as well!
    @cath007 Your work is going to allow you time to ease Dad back home into some kind of routine with less distractions. New things always need time and you are making room for that time by doing what you are doing! I believe you will hear from Dad by tomorrow. The first couple of days he'll be trying to deal with pain after surgery and even trying to eat or drink if possible.
    Dryer-can you check that there is no lint trapped in the lint mesh/tray or the exhaust vent outside? Just to make sure no blockages are behind the motor not working.
    As for your neighbour, I feel like a celebration is in order. If the building management inspects apartments, I do expect s/he will want to check lockers and balconies too and the stairs. Good riddance to bad neighbour! Though if he comes back, that means he still has keys to his unit...
    coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

TGIF. I had a long day full of meetings. I’ll need to do marking, planning, and prepare for parent teacher interviews that start on Thursday.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    I need to take my shower tonight because I perspired a lot today while cleaning and my hairs are dirty too .
    Cleaning is a good begginging work out to lose some weight!!!
    After I will do my grocery list ,did not have time this morning and I am nothing whitout a list....grrr
    Focused on my goal to finish as much as possible my bedroom..now the stock is on the bed to be sorted.I would say I made approximatly 60% of the cleaning..
    Tomorrow I will maybe take the recycle to the recyclage and grocery and that will be enough ...I so hope neighbour is not there tomorrow to move his stock,I dont want to see him such an arrogant *&*(?&*(?*....
    Goals and tasks accomplished today are :
    -Folded the dryed clothes and now I need to put them in my drawer ..they smell so good with snuggle !!!
    -Sorted and tossed away expired coupons and samples,added more unfitted clothes and shoes to my stockpile donation to thrift store(vestiaires in QC) ..I do have 1 and a half black big garbage bag and 4 pairs of shoes to donated...lol...tried 2 pairs of jeans did not fit but kept them when I will lost weight
    Now I have 3 boxes to sorted out ,do some cleaning of personals papers,do some cleaning and purge some magazines I dont read anymore because I have a too many good amount,and wash more clothes. Really hope the garbages and recycle still have space for my stock...
    Now I focus on the remaining things I have to do and really hope tomorrow dad will call because otherwhise I will start to worry...
    Alright have an awesome evening and night !!! Yay its friday,it will be more relax..I hope so
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Mar 12th, 2021 at 07:59 PM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I think and hope dad not have so much pain....
    And he will be probably be home in 1 week ..so I focus on that
    Remaining tasks are:
    -Purge some things in the storage -spare bedroom in the wardrobe,
    -Purge my own bedroom wardrobe because I forgot
    -Clean the counters ( to much stock) and the cupboards (expired and too much stock),do the dishes
    -Clean the bath..he is a little bit dirty
    -Rearrange the spare-storage bedroom and toss away some stock...I did put togheter all the toilet paper and kleenex in blue plastic bin...before it was anywhere lol and taked place now we now what we have
    -Clean the floors with broom many dust under furniture ( I dont know how to clean the aspirator so I will just use the broom) ,and then the swiffer to clean ...

Clean my papers on kitchen table and I will be done..that will be done with remaining day...
    I did a list for the things we dont have and need it,

And that it
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!!!
    Sunny day so that will help my mental and energy!!! Sleep a little bit.Than wake up earlier to put the garbages and recycle and now the bins are full....so annoying...still have things to recycle like magazines oh well..at least I am very proud of me to had did it because I hate those sharp stairs....
    Have a wonderful day,off to relax and do a nap
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 13th, 2021 at 08:57 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Tried to post a couple times yesterday afternoon but kept getting pulled away from my laptop. Then last night when I got home I did not even take my laptop out of my backpack.

On my lunch break I went to Superstore and got a few things they had on sale plus I price matched a few other items. They had butter but only salted butter so I grabbed 4 (the limit). Then on the way home I stopped at Food Basics and they had unsalted Butter so I also grabbed the limited of 4. Ideally I wanted 6 unsalted, 2 salted but we will make it work.

This morning I filmed my grocery haul (for those following me on instagram it will be posted later) which took forever between wearing a mask all day yesterday at work and my allergies, grrr all the spours coming out of the snow I had to keep redoing my video because I was coughing and my voice was cracking.

I also made a batch of Bananas Muffins as I had some Bananas past their prime. I thought I had 6 and was going to make a double batch but I only had 5 so I used 3 and will put the other 2 in the freezer.

I think today will be just a general clean up day. There were a few things on my weekly cleaning list I did not get done because of my arm hurting. I feels much better so today I am hoping to play a little catch up today.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Got the jab this morning-hubby can book on Monday. He is 5 years older so we each qualify for different vaccines. The line moved pretty well and received my shot about 1/2 hr after my apt time-there was paperwork and health questions beforehand and a 15 minute wait after in case of a reaction. Still of course need to follow all public health guidelines just like everyone else.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi everyone!!!! And it is a glorious day for me!!! I want to share the good news!!! Dad operation went great!!!! Aunt have learn that from hospital nurse.!!! So now he is on machine and wont be able to talk for maybe 1 more day but no big deal,i will wait his call!!!
    Too tired so tired to do the grocery this afternoon and my mind is not there and my aunt understand that so will go this week.Still have food for at least 3 days so no big deal and I dont care.I am just happy and hope I will sleep better and yeah just be myself again lol.Thank you all for all of your prayers I am sure it helped him a lot to have positive energy!!!

Alright time for catch up some sleeping!!! So need it. No cleaning for this afternoon and that is ok ,

Have a fabulous day !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 great news about your Dad.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information