User Tag List

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Monday after Daylight Saving Time it is a struggle, I did not want to get up this morning and feel like I am in a bit of a fog this morning trying to get into the swing of things for work.

Thinking I will make Chicken Slovaki Bowls for dinner, I have some veggies I need to Roast up we can add to the bowls. I made Garlic Garlic Sauce yesterday as it is best if it sits for minimum a day before eating, it does need time for the flavours to meld.

I have a few things I need to get done around the house, was hoping to get some done before my first meeting this morning but it is not going to happen, so maybe this afternoon.

Feeling like the struggle is real today but well yeah, maybe another cup of tea will bring me clarity.

Have a great day everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Monday after Daylight Saving Time it is a struggle, I did not want to get up this morning and feel like I am in a bit of a fog this morning trying to get into the swing of things for work.

Thinking I will make Chicken Slovaki Bowls for dinner, I have some veggies I need to Roast up we can add to the bowls. I made Garlic Garlic Sauce yesterday as it is best if it sits for minimum a day before eating, it does need time for the flavours to meld.

I have a few things I need to get done around the house, was hoping to get some done before my first meeting this morning but it is not going to happen, so maybe this afternoon.

Feeling like the struggle is real today but well yeah, maybe another cup of tea will bring me clarity.

Have a great day everyone.
    Me too!! I kept hitting snooze. Ugh. And I really wanted Mcdonalds breakfast (grease!) so that's how I know its going to be a rough day. I resisted a stop at Mcdonald's lol don't want to regret eating that later.

Ugh so Happy Monday!!! Lets get this work day over!!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!
    I made the nightmare this night that we will have to move because we are at the 3 stairs and the stairs are difficult and I dont know if dad will be ok with it....will see..he did not talk about that
    Slept 6 and a half hours,was wake up during the night a little bit but falled at sleep on the couch lol.better than nothing
    Really hope that sample source will be tomorrow morning!!!
    I saw a big improvement in the quality of air in the appart after I had cleaning the floors (broom and swiffer) I so love my swiffer so easy .much better than the mop with water everywhere.!!!!
    And I got a deal and still had the base so that was not so costly!!!
    Dad have bandages too and we will not moving..so he will have probably a nurse at home for his update and bandages(plasters) ...and I will get the grocery with my aunt for 1 more month...no big deal for me!
    He have pain medication and he is already walking a little bit with the nurse good news!!!
    Have a wonderfull day !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Mar 15th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.
    Skippy, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will probably start e-mailing -calling compagnie for coupons at the end of the week.I have just a very few coupons right now,
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Mar 15th, 2021 at 10:28 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have a new doctor so happy..got a call just now..and it will be at the same medical clinic yay!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Mar 15th, 2021 at 10:28 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just cleaned up my budget, paid all bills etc. Decided that the next 2 months will be a no spend time (other then fresh groceries on sale shopping smart). But no other needless spending.
    Focus on posting stuff for sale and working on the house and hopefully soon the yard.
    And playing in the kitchen. I have a few things I want to make (protein balls!) but I have everything I need!
    We went to this amazing discount store yesterday and I bought honey for $1!! They had lots of good deals (lots of junk food which I am not bringing into the house) but many different things. Will go back for sure!

Our fridge looks empty but it has all the basics (eggs/almond milk(lots still) butter (lots) cheese/romaine etc) I could probably get away with not shopping till the weekend or next Monday if I cook up some food from the freezer. Everyone fended for themselves for the weekend and didn't starve.

Have a fantastic day!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just talked to my aunt,she made me salmon pot pie and she will drop me some.So sweet of her!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    sassy and frugalbigmama -thanks for the tips regarding the credit card =i may try for this new company ,if i dont quaifly what can i do (my crappy luck that city financial is leaving canada)
    You can always apply for a prepaid Visa/MasterCard through your bank (where they hold an amount for security). It's very important to establish your own credit history.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    Too tired after the grocery to do some cleaning + I have a migraine so it will wait until tomorrow...
    I cannot believe what I had spend at the grocery and I had a strict list,I am good for 1 week at least and stocked on pantry items must have such as snacks and etc...
    Did 1 price matching and use 5$ in coupons ...but glad I found while doing cleaning some loose money because omg wow...178$...The fridge and freezer where close to empty
    Dad and my have the habit to spend 50$ or less 3 times a week..so 178$ in 1 time in wow...crazy..but the debit machine worked well.
    My aunt was kind enought to bring the grocery in the 3 stairs..so it was no big deal like last week.
    My freezer is full so I put some things ( like shrimps,pocket pizza and salmon pot pie) in the locker outside..hope it will not defrost it is currently -18 degres so it froze but tommorow I will make a cleaning of the freezer and find a solution for that...I tought I have calculated the place correctly..grrr
    Dad did not call at lunch time( I said to him I will get some grocery) sure hope he will call tonight.
    Alright I call that a day
    Have a good evening and night everyone!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My aunt give me one salmon pot pie !!!!
    Maxi and cie:
    Maxi pm super c : St-Hubert soup ( cream of chicken with some leek) x4 ( the limit) @0,99$
    No name pudding x4 @1,00$
    Kellogs Special K cereal big jumbo boxe(should have taken 2 grr) x1 vanilla almond @4,98$(same price as a small box lol) -1,00$ coupon
    Ritz crackers x 3@ 2,00$
    Motts garden cocktail small bottle x 4@1,00$(last 4 on shelve) stocked for dad)
    Astro Yogurt tub (2)and Iogo yogurt tub(1) @2,00$ each
    Cantaloup 1,44$(nice surprise it was 2$ in the flyer!)
    Chapmans ice cream cones (5 per pack) x2 boxes@ 3,00$ each boxes minus 4,00$ coupon(chapmans mail out)=1,00$ each boxes!! a deserved treat!
    Big bottle of herbal essene conditionner 600 ml on clearance( I found my hairs dry with just shampoo) 3,94$ needed something and I saw that so took it(will make sure to check the clearance rack more often!)
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So glad I did not go saturday with all the things I had purchased.But the bascket was so heavy,I had difficulty to move it lol...less people at least
    Supper I bought a french baguette so easy option of french baguette with cranberry and chicken spread and cheese and yogurt
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad just called me .He feel asleep at lunch time this is why he did not call me. He saw his cardiologist and will be home tomorrow or wednesday..they dont kept them long because they need the beds and many surgery are waiting...
    Her sister will drive him
    I and he will now have to face it the new reallity
    We will do menu planning and it will be ok.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Hi all.
    I got got some good deals yesterday.
    Saucouny running shoes regular over $100 for $44.99 for DS. Also a pair of skate shoes for same DS for $23.99. Both at Mark's.
    Winners I spent .90 cents total for a baby shower gift bag, wizard sticker book and a rom com game for girls night. Deals!!!! 20 cents and 30 cents each!
    Oh, you definitely scored on that gift bag! My sale bag finds are $2 or $3 ones!
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, the clock change had me thinking what the standard time is, not the daylight savings time showing on the clock.

Afternoon-mailed an envelope for Mom and thought, why not walk farther? Found a few cans and a bottle (had a small bag), an Apple gift card (likely spent so into the trash bin) and a big plastic bag stuck on bush (into the trash). Came back home-someone had lobbed a computer keyboard onto the road. Went back with big bag and my shovel/rake to clean it off the road. Decided I was raking! Went at it for over two hours and have several bags awaiting collection tomorrow. Am pleased with the fresh air and fairly ideal conditions (not wet! dry leaves and branches mostly). I expect to sleep well once I go to be (in a few minutes). Thinking to toss some grass seed later in the week to encourage some coverage in bare or thinly covered areas.

Value Village sent another private invite-40% off dresses from Wed to Sunday. 3 uses per coupon. Since I have yet to find that 2007 vintage resort dress with cotton/silk fabric, I'll pass on the sale.

Mail-fistful of real estate cards/flyers and two pieces of addressed mail. Followed by actual real estate person (as claimed) at the door inquiring about the property for a client. I need to get a sign stuck on the door or mailbox "no solicitation." This must be # 3 of the year so far.

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams to all tonight!
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I slept a few hours during the evening and will go to bed after this post.
    Will put more garbage and recycle tomorrow morning into bins (the green bins are sheduled tomorrow morning,so after it will be more cleaning)
    Put to garbage dad masson jars of cigarettes...such a good feeling and good thing!!! I never enjoyed him smoking since forever...
    Had to get rib of 2 and a half liter of milk in bags that was dated march 4, did not smell good..I repurchased some for my father,on bottle big milk drinker and in his coffee..me just in cereals ,some desserts and crepes so not so much
    Still not found a solution for my lack of space in the freezer..will figure it out tomorrow morning,.
    Checked the news flyers to beggin menu planning a few items we can use are in sale like pork and ground beef (pm provigo) so happy to will rehave dad cellphone for pming and he will probably pass me the pc card too
    Softdrinks to bring back cans and bottles are stored in 2 bigs bags in the storage-spare room...(it been a while since we did not get to the machine )
    Eggs are 4,77$ for 30 at maxi and cie noticed that today until wednesday and we have just 10 eggs bb march30 so will see if father want some.(since he breakfest at home now since covid..before it was at subway)
    I think that it for now
    Good night.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information