User Tag List

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I also missed Sample Source, far too busy at work today to even try. I am taking a much needed vacation day on Friday. Work & life have been far too busy recently.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Two business headlines on the news that have my attention:
    Yesterday-the Rogers - Shaw proposed merger. I was unaware that Shaw owned Freedom Mobile. Which means Shaw has its network on the TTC! If all the business/competition/legal hurdles are overcome, then Rogers will be Bell's equal in terms of $ value. What's mildly amusing is that Shaw bought a local cable company in early 2010s and about two years later, Rogers bought Shaw out for that same cable entity. Small world. People had two e-mail changes in about 5 years' time.
    Today-Sobeys is buying 51% of Longo's Grocery Gateway-What a surprise! Each e-commerce platform (Sobeys owns Voila) has its individuality and some common areas. I wouldn't want to lose the Thank You Rewards points that Grocery Gateway allows on purchases. You cannot earn Air Miles on Voila orders. So this story has my attention.

Ontario vaccine booking portal had issues on day one. True to form. Fixed. Not sure how residents find out which vaccine they are getting. I keep hearing news stories about the main two companies' vaccines but what about the other ones that got approved by Health Canada?
    Kind of upsetting to hear that vaccine boosters with variants might become an annual thing like flu shots. I bet there is a $ tag for those boosters. For me, I'd likely pass on boosters as eyecare/eyeglasses are more of a priority for me $wise and I have not seen a dentist in years and my teeth would like give the dentist a bit of a fright. The digital x-rays would be interesting.

Yard bag collection happened early today-I was looking at the clock at 8:41am thinking I had a couple of hours to add a bag or two to the several awaiting pickup. Maybe 5 minutes later, the truck came and collected the bags!
    I decided to work on the remaining large area-does not seem like lots to rake but enough bits to potentially mangle a cutting blade. Got another 3 bags filled. Will have to plan one or two mornings to rake/collect stones out of front lawn and figure out to amend the ditch (too many little stones plus dirt needs to be tamped down when grown is wet/malleable).

Washed my running shoes and gloves, had lunch (I've been raiding the bacon that Mom cooked on the weekend because bacon sandwiches are fast and easy to make), then had a nap. Made sure to get up by 5pm to have that salt bath and it was short but worth the effort. Need to make a routine of doing a soak once per month. New nail clippers are firm and doing the cutting work well. Irony-had I purchased two of the Revlon ones, I could have earned 3000 PC Optimum pts (saw the offer on the Shoppers website after I played the contest games).

Have other laundry on the go and will be going through DVDs and books that are due back at the library this week.

Mom made a comment about me making my dinner rolls-not tonight. Maybe in the morning as I do best when fully refreshed after a good sleep.

I visited the Ikea Family offers online and saw rugs! Then searched for plant pots and bistro sets. Sigh. So much spring temptation. Off to see if Rona's website has bistro sets to love!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good very late evening everyone!!!
    Forgot to post after dinner and I feel asleep.
    Change of plan dad will be at home in the morning and her sister had serious appointements so it is his brother who will drive him home.And he will order by phone and get delivered his medication so one less thing for me to take care of with my aunt. My aunt offered me anytime to do the grocery with me,so that is good.But I think we could last until saturday with all the stock I purchased.
    He could had get out today but the doctor misunderstood him .No big deal he did more exercice (like stairs) and get his agraphes (dont know the word in english so sorry) thing that hold the bandages removed too.

As for me I am done with kitchen cleaning completely!!! So happy and proud,will just have to stay organisated and decluttered.
    I even did a cleaning of the pantry so I know what we need.Like example rice,we go trought a lot with shrimps and meat and only 2 remaining so will watch the sale for that..some freezer bags too zero left....Need to repurchase some dish clothes I did not find more than 4.....dont know where they are now ..And head pillows too.So now I have space in the cupboards to put things we will use
    Found space in the freezer by the door but no more things will enter.
    Now I need to make a list of what need to be finished in laundry and my bedroom + spare-storage bedroom.But like I said I will take a little break of cleaning.
    Eve the cat dont realize she will resee dad tomorrow I think....
    Alright time for bed soon if I want to get up tomorrow morning
    have a good night
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since I am not sleeping anymore I cut off my cantaloop in squares to have as a snack.I can see eve the cat see something going on like the first days dad was not there because like me she seems a little bit anxious.Oh well I will take naps today,glad I tackles all my to do list yesterday!!!
    Ciel likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath, i dont know if a winners is near you but i bought my pillows for bed there $12.00-14.00 and really nice ,plus i just got 8 dishcloths for 5.00 on clearance there also .Cath you can also get pretty good dish clothes from dollarama also ,just a few tips .
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thanks coupon girl ..I yes we have a winner and will check dollorama thanks for the tips,really appreciated!!!!
    Good morning .I resleeped for 5 am to 8 am so that is a good new,feel less tired...
    Still waiting for dad !!! He has a 1 hour road to do.
    Love it to had finish my cleaning yesterday,no stress this morning,i am just relaxing,will maybe do 2 loads of waiting laundry in laundry bin this afternoon,depend if dad is capable to take a shower..but I dont think so ....at the hospital with the machines on him he was washing himself with bathroom towell at hand.
    Well of to get some fresh air on the balcony,such a wonderful sunny day not too cold,I am sure it missed to dad and he will enjoy it too!!!
    Have a beautifull day!!!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Beautifull day out -i had hubby put our wicker chairs on the back deck ,just the 2 so we could sit and soak up the sun.

Just sold another puzzle $3.00=$13.00 from yesterday and today ,treating hubby and i to take out pizza from hot foods at fortinos .

Off to the library to pick up my holds and one movie.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Made quick yeast buns this morning along with a pan of roasted veggies and a pot of cooked tricolour quinoa. Mom was happy this morning but informed this will be an occasional occurrence, not a weekly thing!
    At least I had my tea ready after the bun dough was put to rest the first time. My oatmeal porridge got cold so next time, I have to eat it when it's hot.

Got halfway through the book that had to be returned today. Hope in the Balance-a Newfoundland surgeon's take on Haiti on his numerous trips to provide medical care on 1-week trips to the nation after the 2010 earthquake.

Friend tipped me off about Indigo's cyber sale until March 28. There's a Shoppers PC Opt bonus offer on Happy Him or Her gift cards a-one of them lists Indigo (promotion starts on Saturday!). I am making a cart list to print off and see my chances next week of some buys.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad is home from 1 pm this afternoon.For now he is napping with a toy to put to protect his heart.He cought a lot but with all the tubing he got it is normal.....Feared to had saw his scarves so big ones.... at the chest and leg...
    He went on the balcony just like 6 minutes,but eve the cat his happy to resee him
    He had no medication(did not ask for some grr) to continue to quit smoking..he said he dont want to smoke..but the nurse that will come can prescripe him something perhaps
    I put some bath towells on the batroom counter for him because no shower for now...he have such a difficulty to move
    It was a big operation...slow but surely
    We will face that and we will be ok
    dad had no appetize for lunch ..a little bit worried..but will have salmon pot pie for dinner with a salad
    Have a good evening and night.
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Mar 17th, 2021 at 03:32 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-so glad your dad is home .When my mom came home they gave her a small red pillow to hold to her chest when she coughed -i still have that small pillow .Did your dad have something like that also ?

I popped over to canadian tire and got 2 puzzles 500 piece for 5.99 each on sale -i am sure i will be able to sell them for 4.00 each ,they only had these 2 left .

Got the pizza and a few wings for hubby came to $21.00 a nice treat on a nice day .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

coupon girl : yes he have that pillow so cute!!! : and useful too!!!
    He still have the 3 plastic bags of things of hospital to be sorted (papers to give to doctor and etc) but that can wait.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad ordered is new medication and get it delivered..wow...10 pills per day..he is quite discouraged...but he will face it..no choice
    He have to call the pharmacist for informations.Good thing he get them delivered!!!
    He will have the visit of the clsc nurse tomorrow morning for his vital signs ..good thing for a speedy follow up!!!
    He eated well for supper so I am a little less worried
    He also fill up the form online for this health insurance he will get with that
    Good thing he get out of the hospital today...I dont know if depend the zone in the hospital but now they charge 13$ per day for watching the tv..that is ridiculous....
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Mar 17th, 2021 at 06:08 PM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I popped over to canadian tire and got 2 puzzles 500 piece for 5.99 each on sale -i am sure i will be able to sell them for 4.00 each ,they only had these 2 left .
    SC folks seem to be quite enamoured with puzzles. Has anyone explored or suggested that their local libraries stock or offer a selection of puzzles? After all, they did circulate CDs, DVDs, and cassette tapes, in the past.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post

Good thing he get out of the hospital today...I dont know if depend the zone in the hospital but now they charge 13$ per day for watching the tv..that is ridiculous....

When my Mum was in the hospital, I loaded her tablet with all the free TV station apps I could find. CBC Gem, Citytv, etc. Some provided greater access with my Shaw Cable id. The hospital provided internet, so with a good set of earbuds, she was able to watch most of her shows whenever she wanted without disturbing anyone else.
    The apps also have previous seasons, movies etc so she could even catch up on stuff she missed.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I have learned I should not look at flyers, oops I did and now I have a list of things I would like to pick-up this week.

Must admit getting a little worried now that they are saying we are right on the edge of going into the third wave. It has me thinking, I do not want to do another large shop yet. Maybe instead I will go and get some fresh stuff this week and save my frozen.

Today was a better day, nothing earth shattering done but got the Dishwasher Emptied and reloaded, still need to do the hand dishes. Took out garbage and recycling both needed to be taken out.

Monday was another 12+ hour day, someone threw a curveball at me, yesterday I did close to 12, today is about 11 so getting there.

Needed a break today so I took a nice long hot shower, this has really become my guilty pleasure. After long days of training when I just need a break this is my 30 minutes for me.

Alright, off to review my home to-do-list, write a grocery list and then it is probably bed time.

Have a great night everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information