User Tag List

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went for a walk in this windy weather. Thought I was going to blow over!! My dog goes out quickly and doesn't mess around out there.

Really no snow on the ground. Just wind blowing it around.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama we had a bunch of squalls but it would snow start to stick and then the wind and sun would come out and the snow would be gone. I am not complaining, I am happy to not need to shovel.
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Update on my father health news: He have others exams to pass with the cardiologist and will be operated at the end of the week.I called him this afternoon no call back and no response...it is weird I hope he is ok
    He eat well,keep the mind,have books and tv

His birthday is this week march 7 ...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

recalled my father because I was worried he close his phone when he have exams to do and did not check it after..now the potential date of operation is at the beginning of next week.....after that I called my 2 aunties to give them the infos...he have many heart test to pass to check if he have others issues ..i hope not... he will call me now because I have fees interrubain when I call him and he can not make out of the city call at the hospital.
    Skippy, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!!
    I will post a resume here because I did posts in various threads.I am not in shape physically I was dizzy and not good when we when walking so more walking and exercices will be on the menu for me in the future....Changing my habits of drinking diet pepsi and menu planning too.
    I have no more familly doctor but he did renew my medications because it is an important one ...He have 72 years old and take his retreat and had like 300 patients so he cannot rely to others doctors me and others ones surely...that suck...I am on a waiting list and i have to call them to update my infos tomorrow...the max to have a new doctor is 1 year... wow...

My aunt offer me to take me to metro wednesday to purchase some sushis has a treat so sweet of her
    She made me 2 coquilles st -jacques)seafood,bechamel sauce and cheese,smoke meat and wonton soup ..what a nice gesture too!

I did the grocery so I am good until saturday when I will do another trip and renew my medications too
    spend at maxi ans cie 70$ and at the coveniance store 20$...grocery is expensive...i did some menu planning with that

I have so far

-chocolate milk,smooties,milk,eggs,white bread,chicken ,french baguette,chicken cranberry spread x2 ,croissants,.carrots muffins,ham,cheese macaroni salad,sour cream,yogurtsx3 vanilla,spinach quiche x2 could make with what I have spaghetti ,pasta sauce rosee,lemon chicken,chicken strips with patatoes and a few other options so I am good to go I think

I will have to take appointement for my tooths many of them,,,,

have a good night

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Only slept 4 and a half hours so naps will be on the menu today ....
    I would have prefer if my father his operation was at the beginning on this week..now I have 1 week to stress and think about that and it is not fun......
    Checked the flyers ,maybe a few price matching with iga and superc next week....

I will call my aunt for sushis wednesday and I see I still need a few things I forgot....I want to purchase litter for eve because she is low and I will not take the big box for easy transportation....and if she need more I will transport the box because my father will not forcing for a while and it is 30 lbs

off to watch some tv on the couch still in pyjamas
    Skippy, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We didn't wake up to the expected snow they were calling for. I'm ok with that!

Many pile ups on the 400 yesterday. So many bad sections that this happens on everytime we have snow squalls etc. So happy I didn't have far to go.

DS can only eat thinly sliced meat on his sandwiches so I won't cook up roast beef. I found sliced meat on the Flashfood app for a good deal so will walk up and pick that up later today. Will use up for his school lunch sandwiches for the rest of the week.

I took the BLSC out of the freezer for dinner tonight (Chicken Tetrazini) Have everything needed so will make that later this afternoon.

Today I will focus on laundry and tidying up my bedroom. Friday I hope to start posting stuff for sale again for porch pickup. My fun money jar needs to be fed!!!

Have a frugal and safe day everyone!
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just cleaned out the fridge. Tossed a few things. Moved yogurt to the freezer for smoothies.
    Will make smoothies every afternoon this week since I stocked us up on Almond milk and yogurt. Use up what we have!

Kitchen is clean but I think I will cook up the pasta now. Then I can clean the pot. I heat up this pasta dish in a fry pan before serving so it is piping hot so it is great to prep stuff ahead of time and then just whip it all together in the pan to heat up and serve.
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just cleaned out a reuseable bag full of expired flyers and coupons.
    I sat it under my desk so I would see it and do it and finally did.

One thing with not really shopping my purse stays clean! Usually I just take in my credit card so no junk gets put in my purse.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went on the balcony this morning 30 minutes and boy it was cold and windy compared to the others days...wearing toque and scarf
    Supper tonight is something with chicken ....chicken sandwich with tomatoes,lettuce and swiss cheese or chicken salad with avocados since I have some chicken and veggies to use up....I think since i will go to metro tomorrow with my aunt I will buy less saturday at maxi .....so min wasting of food.
    Father is good...talked to him a few minutes this morning.He talk to his familly regularly he have the tv and books and eat well.I decide I will try to stress less because nothing can be done before next week
    Have a great day
    Me I am just relax today....I need it

Just realized I have not the key of the mailbox and no pc card and metro et moi card oh well..less things to deal with !
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Mar 2nd, 2021 at 11:49 AM.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Last week I wanted to cancel by calling my insurance agent my insurance life and it is so complicated...since 1 years and a half I am paying 79$ per month witch is to much for me for my budget in the moment and in the future...so I said I have no more money to put in that...he said writhe to me an e mail...I got the response back by e-mail it has to be a letter by hand with tons of infos I have to put and he suggested I lowed my insurance to still be insured because otherwhise I wont be able later to get another life insurance and will be denied...wow....I will think of that and take a decision when my father will be out of the hospital...

I am very deceived my father cancelled his insurance life 1 month after taking it because now with his heart surgery no more compagny will insure him...that suck....

Side of familly of father his father(dead),her sister and i dont remember the others have heart issue

I will lurking on the site today I think
    Ciel likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Today was a busy day, normally I book 2 training sessions a day but today and tomorrow I booked 3 as we have a number of employees I want to spend some time working with.

I did not want to lose steam on getting stuff done around the house so when I had a minute here or there I worked on some of the smaller tasks on my list:
    Well I made myself a honey and lemon this morning I got all of the hand dishes done, there were not a lot but nice to have them done

A comforter I crocheted for Mom was living on my Bedroom floor, I am not sure how I ended up with it but it was there so I washed it and put it in her room.

I washed the last load from my room, a load of red/pink and hung them up to dry. Tomorrow I will bring them up and sort it.

Mom had been planning to go pick-up a curbside order today so I planned a slow cooker meal I could prep on my lunch. Even though she did not go I was committed, everything was out. I made Garlic Butter Chicken, Potatoes & Carrots in the slow cooker, when I read the notes on the recipe a lot of people said they found it to be bland and did not have enough seasonings so I added in some extras. It was tasty but next time I would not cook it as long, the recipe called for 4 hours on high but the potatoes were a little softer than I normally prefer.

Now to figure out dinner for tomorrow, thinking I might keep it super simple and have Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (BBQ Chicken is cooked and in the freezer) with Garlic Parm Roasted Sweet Potatoes and a Cesar Salad. We will see tomorrow.

One more thing on the work to-do-list for today to get done and then see if I can get a few more small things done around the house before bedtime. I got this, I can do this, keep pushing on.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I recieved my shipment from old navy/gap today (except the masks).The sleep t-shirt is so comfy ,loose and not hot for a t-shirt type.The two tank dresses are going back (i look like a line backer in them ,i swear some dresses nowadays are made for barbie type figures.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Big Sobeys shop tonight. I was charged for a cantaloup instead of celery, which got resolved at the store. I also didn’t get the right amount of air miles, but I have a picture of the in store sign and I’ll have to come back another day when customer service is open.

48% savings (coupons, 10% discount, AM redeemed, rebate).
    $115oop
    $21.76 10% discount
    $62.44 coupons
    $20 Air Miles redeemed
    $0.75 Eclipsa
    269AM were credited, not including the missing Air Miles
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 3rd, 2021 at 08:14 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day! For some reason I was thinking it was March 6th. Only the 3rd!!
    @flemeth - Did you print off the $5 Lightlife coupon? It is not my guys fav (he just tried the Impossible meat on Monday night-we had burgers and salad for dinner) and he loves it. I tried it and it does taste not so fake (I do not like the fake meats at all) Hope to stock up the freezer this weekend so will be on a hunt for a deal to use coupons.

I came into the office this morning to get some stuff done and file away stuff I was done with. Has been a very productive morning so far.

I went to RCSS yesterday and decided to redeem $20 in PC PTS from my 2nd card. I got a tray of BLSL chicken breast, 4L milk, bananas and miracle whip (DS's request- $2.99 is my price but it was on sale for $3.48 with 500 PC PTS so figured not bad since I was redeeming. Well it gave me the 500 pc pts twice so that made me happy Paid $1 and change after redeeming points.
    Spent $3 earlier in the afternoon for a loaf of fresh bread and sliced meat (flashfood) for DS's school lunch sandwiches this week.

I have been doing lots of retirement research (early) lately. I have a good plan and as soon as an empty nester may take the dive!!! So purging is in full mode now! And all $ put in travel account

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information