User Tag List

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by grinchyheart View Post
    I freeze all excess leafy greens. It started with just spinach, now it's anything I get a deal on. Just put the greens in a big zip freezer bag as the original packaging usually gets brittle & breaks in the freezer. When the leaves are fully frozen, I squish the bag to break them into tiny pieces. They take up hardly any room at all. Then whenever I make meatloaf, meatballs, spaghetti sauce or veggie soup, I throw a small handful in right from the bag. Just enough to add a few extra vitamins. My last deal was 4 pkgs of mixed baby field greens for .50 each from Flashfood, 1 went for salads, & 3 to freeze.
    I do basically the same thing with various vegetables that are getting old - basically anything I don't mind having mixed together like carrots, onions, peppers, celery, broccoli etc. I chop small amounts into small pieces by hand or use the food processor if there's enough. I've never thought of buying stuff to put in the mix, perhaps because I don't freeze individual veg very often.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I hung the clothing also ,and am doing a load of towels -maybe it will dry before rain .

I just posted a baby mattress(from my son's) and an old wooden chair down my basement both for free -if they dont go they will go out in my 4 item bulk pickup (i called yesterday)for next week
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just picked up a free desk curbside Now I can have my portable table back and use it in the garage for Spring cleaning

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!!
    Went to metro to purchase a few things.And made a few deals
    -Blueberries pint x2 @2,00$ each
    -English Cucumber 0,99$
    -Dare shorbread cookie 1,49$(member price)
    La petite bretonne mini croissants and a bag of mini chocolatine (a treat) @2,99$ each bag
    Used my mini weats fpc too!!!
    But the dip they did not have the ranch and at maxi they are 3,49$ there they where 5,99$ ..took 2 french oignions one will see
    Wanted to use my kellogs special k 1$ coupon for cereal but when I grabbed the coupon out of my purse it teared..grr
    Found some new to me coupons and some news including starbuck the tear pad where full So happy .BTW I checked the Starbucks bottle price and its like 7$ ..costly hope they will come on sale.

I need to do the dishes and I will call that a day
    The neigbour is there to get is things moved but the locker seems to be is last spot..grr
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Warmer day despite the rain clouds in the sky. Warmer wind too! I did not hear the heavy rain overnight (that a new experience, given I wake usually at sounds). Bro must have moved the chair as it's not where I placed it. Hoping he took it away...
    So on Pepsi Canada's Facebook page 3 days ago, it was posted that Pepsi Throwback/Retro is back for a limited time. Check your Walmart.ca location for stock and also see if Food Basics or Fortinos have stock (FB & Fort will charge $4.99 for Pepsi& Coke cases starting tomorrow). Glad I saw someone's post about this FABULOUS news for pop fans.

Got my library hold and a few magazines. Entered two contests. Feel like the day has more good things left in it!
    Must be patient for tomorrow and hoped for tax credit to appear...
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Re thinking my Bathroom Spring Clean, why did I feel I needed to scrub the walls down by hand? Coming up with plan B, I got the lower portion of the walls done but do not want to keep climbing the ladder to do the top half. I found an old sponge mop in the basement I might try, it needs a good scrub down but by hand, what was I thinking?

Pulled out Homemade Burgers from the freezer for dinner tonight, will probably just make Oven Fries and maybe a Salad to go with them.

I also took out a Pork Roast which I will put in the slow cooker tomorrow for dinner. I found a recipe for Balsamic Pork Roast which interests me, I have to admit I am sucker for anything with Balsamic, love it.

Almost out of leftovers which is good, I was worried we ended up with too many leftovers and would not get through all of them this week and have to throw some of them out. Sadly none of them would freezer well but looks like after tomorrow they will be gone which makes me happy.

I know it still a couple of weeks away but I am thinking I might do a massive freezer cooking weekend and try to get everything from Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner stuff in the freezer. Although I do feel we are good on Dinner things but we need more Breakfast and Lunch options. We shall see what I come up but that is my plan right now.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, nice day here, windows and doors are open airing the house out.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!
    Another beautifull sunny day altrought we had rain yesterday evening anf night.....
    Really I need to kick my butt to s=do the dishes it did not happen yesterday and the sink is so full.
    And after take it relax and she what I can accomplish.
    Alright have an awesome day !!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Mar 25th, 2021 at 01:23 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

We went for a walk again after 830 last night. Could see lightning in the distance. Finally rain and thunder around 1am. Was gloomy when I drove DS to school but now the sun is trying to come out from the clouds.
    Think I will wait and do a load of laundry tomorrow morning if the weather is better.

I have the sink full of hot soapy water so will get those dishes done. Leftovers in the fridge still for the kids. What is still there in the morning I will pop in the freezer and repurpose next week

I have a $12 porch pick up this morning.

Off to get some work done Enjoy the day!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yay!!! Happy!!! All the dishes are washed ,they are now drying in the rack,just need to put them away,Oh I so miss my dishwasher at my house,even if he was old hahaha
    The pans and casseroles are washed too.
    Will see what the day bring
    Lunch is sushis with the metro deal and dinner something with ground beef,have 2 quiches to eat to ,,they expire in 3 days I think
    Have a good day!!!
    Neigbour is still moving

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My dishes are done too and I cleaned 1 bathroom finally. Been trying all week to clean this bathroom and just kept getting distracted by other things!! The boys have many tubes of toothpaste on the go so I cleaned them all up and put the 2 that need to be used up 1st out.

Now I am going to move my portable table back to my dining room and post 10 things for sale!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Today is a day, I woke up really tired and my body just feels like it is in weekend mode even though it is Thursday so still 2 more days to push through.

I took out a Pork Roast to put in the Slow Cooker this morning and almost forgot to put it in the slow cooker. Luckily I remember just in time that I could get it in and it will still be ready at a decent time for dinner. Thinking I will serve it with Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Carrots. It is a Balsamic Pork Roast, I am so looking forward to this, I love anything Balsamic.

Yesterday I was not feeling the best so I just sat a my laptop working away all day and really felt the lack of movement at the end of the day and even today I am noticing I am kind of sore. So I need to make sure to get up and move around today.

I have emptied the dishwasher and want to finish the bathroom today. I found an old sponge mop we had in our basement I am going to try using this, I think I will be able to really scrub the walls with this. In the past I have used the swiffer wet clothes but I find I cannot get a good hard scrub in some areas as the swiffer is a bit flimsy.

Knock a few more things off for work and then hopefully I can work on the bathroom this afternoon. Trying to get all the things done.

Have a great day everyone
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Weekly paper arrived this morning and some flyers rarely seen were inside: Rexall (the stationery supplies are listed as part of Staples Express), Denningers, Peavy Mart (new name for TSC stores apparently) and Lowes! Even got the new Longos and Sobeys flyer (I might be at Sobeys later today!). Grocery flyers-no store showed the Aero Easter single chocolates of lamb or other creature. Mostly bagged treats or larger chocolates. Shoppers flyer shows 3 Cadbury Easter creme eggs for $3 starting on Saturday. Noticed the 3 x 591 Pepsi offer for $5 too (deal would apply to those single servings of Throwback I saw yesterday at my local store). Both Metro and Food Basics flyers are showing the new 80 ct Lysol wipes packs for $4.99.

Checked my bank account after 9am-tax credit arrived! Renewed the laptop security for one more year and bought a bag of soil! Feeling relieved to have those two things paid for and off my to-do list! Soil delivery date is showing on or before April 10. Have to mark a spot for delivery driver. Will do that later today with a little sign.

Have to jot a list for groceries-have a couple of compelling Air Miles offers to use: 95 bonus AM for almost anything bought in the store, 5 bonus AM for Pepsi or Crush case pop, and offers for bananas, grapes and one other fruit. Might want to get the Epsom salts on sale for $4.99 (I don't always get the sale deal) too. Have 95 AM to redeem as well so that is the main incentive (plan is to close the AM account soon as Sobeys is the main source of my infrequent points and I don't shop often with AirMilesShops). Timing of shop is good as fridge is half-empty. Don't know if Mom also went out to shop for groceries. TBD.

Little thunder and some heavy rain for three minutes just after 10pm then the weather went away! Good for the grass seeds and good for the garden, which needs attention soon. Afternoon could work out for 45 minute spell.

Those of you with PC Optimum accounts, check to see if you got a personal offer for gift cards at a specified Loblaws grocer. I posted my offer in the PC Optimum thread. Time for me to hustle and get going! See you later.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is not the least bit frugal but so excited as I booked a safari and cruise to South Africa next January-provided Covid allows me to go. Fingers crossed.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have a random question for everyone.
    I am looking for happy if pick-me-up shows or movies to watch. We have Netflix and Disney+ subscriptions. Suggestions please.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon!!!
    Dad decided this afternoon was a good day to restart some walking in walks.We did 2 streets and he was tired so normal.He dont walk fast wich is normal too.The stairs at my surprise went great,his body is not too sore !!!
    But his car miss him...I dont know what to do about that...He maybe will not drive for at least another 2 weeks.And the sweet lady oldery neigbour chatted with us and said it was good to resee him in better shape!!! So that made my day!!!.Slowly but steady win the race and my dad is a champion lol.!!! But I always bring is phone in case something happen(dont know is he can fall) and I will go each time with him dont want to leave him alone in this .Altrought I can be a so protective daughter ...lol The neigbour at 1 stair moved is car in our street so it all good...but he will think about his car grr...
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information