User Tag List

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I dont have an instagram account so I cannot see the recepie if you post it
    Any Instagram account that is on public setting-you can click on a post to read it by using:
    picuki.com/profile/Instagramusername Then you click on the post you want to read and see most comments (some commenters have hidden their remarks so don't expect to see all of them).
    Stories too are accessible but I notice the Instagram viewer seems to be late in updating Stories by hours (could be due to Internet connection too) but stories are only up for 24h then disappear (based on what I have experienced).
    Good for viewing contests on Store Instagram sites because very few now seem to let everyone just click and read the posts. Hope this helps when you want to explore baking recipes on other accounts too!

Speaking of baking, if your grocery store has an Easter baking special section with sugar, flour and more, see if the Robin Hood folded recipe brochure (6 recipes) is in a holder. I found my copy at Sobeys last week in the back of store baking display.
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was a day of some errand intentions but the on and off rain followed by winds meant I was not going outside to catch a bus to pickup my Bay order. Will try on Tuesday morning and have to do screening questions online before heading to the mall. 25% occupancy on a nice day tomorrow and 11am start-I wish to get there early and make two store visits then leave! Afternoon plan is to spend some time getting the garden ready or begin lawn repair (bit at a time).

Monday morning was spent doing yard work-winds snapped lots of branches and bark. I had put away the yard bag by garage, went into house then about two minutes came outside to see the pair of Canada Geese resting (no honking or other sound). They must be the ones responsible for the mess left in and around garden (I was looking when I found the messes). I made sure they walked off the property. Not sure how long I will be able to get around to scoop the mess as I am slowing down.

Managed to feed the ATM after suppertime and get some bus money loaded onto my fare card and bought Canada Post mailing boxes. Did some online shopping-happened to see a Monday sale online for a swaddle I really wanted to get but it seems to be hard to get on the Bay site. So I ordered from the US manufacturer. $12 ground shipping. Am hoping no major border custom charges will apply as product is made in US (ordered 2 for two gifts). Did another order with local gift store to supply most of the content for mailing boxes. I am prepping them so when a gift has to go out, all that will be needed is someone to take the box to the post office and buy the needed postage.

Printer ink-that needs to be a priority for April for me. Have to stop using the debit card for March. Have to think very carefully about another purchase before spending the money.

Hamilton Public Libraries-I have heard that the branches will allow hold pickups and computer use but no browsing. Well, it was good while we had it for about 5 weeks' time-I had made certain to look for magazine issues!

Bro has this week off. Surprise, surprise. We are in each other's way in more ways than one. Going to be a long week.

Mail-2nd mailer from UK Customs for someone who does not live here. Wrote my message on the envelope and popped it back into a Canada Post box on my pm walk.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 Thanks for starting next month's discussion thread!
    cath007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My old childhood friend(same age as me) retalked to me like the old time and when covid will be finish we will eat dinner togheter so happy !!!
    @cath007 I am glad that you get to reconnect with your childhood friend
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thanks @flemeth .!!! I am happy too.But no news of my other childhood friend altrought I learne by my friend that she lost her mom and dad pretty quickly..that is sad for her.... The 3 we where friend in primary school.!!!
    SassyAshley likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!
    A bit cold this morning but it will heat up and at least it is sunny lol.
    Already watched the news flyers on reebee(my new application best friend for watching flyers and price matching lol) except the wal mart and giant tiger flyers they are there later... a few good deal but will see what we have eaten by monday to see what I will repurchase;.
    I need to do the dishes badly,yesterday I was too tired after the grocery ...
    After as a reward order some coupons.
    Have a good day,no sushis this wenesday the fridge is full so cannot justify this one.
    And dad have an appoitement with his doctor at the same time
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Mar 30th, 2021 at 08:04 AM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

And I purchased a new dessert at maxi and cie yesterday for 5$ I have 10 big danish (citrus and rasberry) so that is cheap and I will repurchase those for sure they are so good..I must admit I had 2 yesterday sigh..
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dont you hate to paid to much for a product..me I am tired and hate it..does that happen to you often? When you purchase a product in my case maple sirup can and you see on the next week flyer that it is on the flyer and half the price you had paid...sigh I hate that,...Wish i could predict the flyers....
    Maple Sirup at 8,99$ now 4,48$ at maxi and cie of coarse... a can the upcoming week..that is ridiculous.....

Noneless to say I will purchase 2 more cans at this price at maxi and cie not marche public..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Yesterday was a day of some errand intentions but the on and off rain followed by winds meant I was not going outside to catch a bus to pickup my Bay order. Will try on Tuesday morning and have to do screening questions online before heading to the mall. 25% occupancy on a nice day tomorrow and 11am start-I wish to get there early and make two store visits then leave! Afternoon plan is to spend some time getting the garden ready or begin lawn repair (bit at a time).

Monday morning was spent doing yard work-winds snapped lots of branches and bark. I had put away the yard bag by garage, went into house then about two minutes came outside to see the pair of Canada Geese resting (no honking or other sound). They must be the ones responsible for the mess left in and around garden (I was looking when I found the messes). I made sure they walked off the property. Not sure how long I will be able to get around to scoop the mess as I am slowing down.

Managed to feed the ATM after suppertime and get some bus money loaded onto my fare card and bought Canada Post mailing boxes. Did some online shopping-happened to see a Monday sale online for a swaddle I really wanted to get but it seems to be hard to get on the Bay site. So I ordered from the US manufacturer. $12 ground shipping. Am hoping no major border custom charges will apply as product is made in US (ordered 2 for two gifts). Did another order with local gift store to supply most of the content for mailing boxes. I am prepping them so when a gift has to go out, all that will be needed is someone to take the box to the post office and buy the needed postage.

Printer ink-that needs to be a priority for April for me. Have to stop using the debit card for March. Have to think very carefully about another purchase before spending the money.

Hamilton Public Libraries-I have heard that the branches will allow hold pickups and computer use but no browsing. Well, it was good while we had it for about 5 weeks' time-I had made certain to look for magazine issues!

Bro has this week off. Surprise, surprise. We are in each other's way in more ways than one. Going to be a long week.

Mail-2nd mailer from UK Customs for someone who does not live here. Wrote my message on the envelope and popped it back into a Canada Post box on my pm walk.
    Ciel- Did your area change Covid zoning is that why the library service is changing?
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Sunny day here to start the day. Garbage already picked up and bin in the garage before it blows away!

I thawed a large beef roast and a peameal roast overnight and now both are in the oven.
    Looking forward to a toasted roast beef sandwich for lunch.
    Will have sides ready for DS when he gets home from school so he can eat before he goes to work.
    Then leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow.

I needed to get out of the house yesterday afterwork and went to Walmart. They had Maple leaf bacon on for $1.97 and I bought 4. Thinking I should go back and buy more. Makes a pretty cheap dinner and great for BLT's. Bacon is so expensive now and even on sale I don't find it a deal.

I have a porch pick up this afternoon. Had to delete the ad because I was receiving so many messages. I should post more for sale today.

Frugal day for me today. A bit of cooking and cleaning. No spending planned.

Have a great day everyone!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dont you hate to paid to much for a product..me I am tired and hate it..does that happen to you often? When you purchase a product in my case maple sirup can and you see on the next week flyer that it is on the flyer and half the price you had paid...sigh I hate that,...Wish i could predict the flyers....
    Maple Sirup at 8,99$ now 4,48$ at maxi and cie of coarse... a can the upcoming week..that is ridiculous.....

Noneless to say I will purchase 2 more cans at this price at maxi and cie not marche public..
    Maybe they will do a price adjustment on the day of the new sale? Take your receipt in and try.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Later this afternoon I am going to give the fridge a clean and take inventory of what we have. I think I am going to not buy groceries and wing it. We have lots of fresh stuff to use up (asparagus, peppers, cucumber, romaine, eggs, bread fresh and in freezer) I think we will be good for the next week!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel I received your card and coupons!!! Thank you so much ,I will put them in good use espicially the 4 cat coupons for my dear cat eve!!! God bless you,have an awesome week my dear!!!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

All the dishes are done and need to be put away,1 load of laundry done and putted away.
    Not a frugal day in our budget ...dad called cogeco asking why we where charged 30$ more per month for at least 2 months now..we taught it was a billing error..but nope...we take to much internet and we where limited so now ...30$ more per month for illimited internet and a cogeco guy will be there in 2 days to change the modem...But I noticed dad is more on the internet.so maybe it is the reason...so annoyed.Well at least now we know why
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Maybe they will do a price adjustment on the day of the new sale? Take your receipt in and try.
    I might try that.I will put the receipt in my purse.I just need the receipt not the can?
    Ciel likes this.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information