Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 **hugs** you and your family are in my prayers

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My MIL died today. It was somewhat unexpected. Trying to figure things out. Phone calls to be made. She lived in Alberta.
    Skippy, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did not get anything done before bed last night. I went upstairs my body saw my bed and said I am done for the night.

I am not sure what Mom was doing after I went to bed but she did something around the midnight, massive crashing sound that woke me up and of course I could not get back to sleep. Now I am feeling super tired today.

Good news is I only have one training session today so I can just focus on getting my own work done. Also, I want to get a few things done around the house, as soon as I finish my breakfast I am going to get the couch blankets in the washer and when my training session is over I will move them to the dryer.

I also need to deal with the last load from my bedroom. Then I need to decide what I am keeping and getting rid of, a huge part of me says when you went through it the first time these items you did not immediately put in a dresser so let them go. But then the frugal person in me goes what if things change and I need that item in 6 months and would then have to buy another, grrrr being in my head sometimes is super hard.

Again with this dinner thing, everyday you gotta figure out what is for dinner. We have tons of food in the house but finding inspiration is the tricky part. I am thinking something with Roasted Sweet Potatoes, I bought a 10 lb bag a couple weeks back (if you like Sweet Potatoes but do not like the price see if your local store Loblaw Banner store sells the Naturally Imperfect Sweet Potatoes, I got 10 lbs for 4.97 vs bulk was on sale for $1/lb) and we have not used any of them yet. We will see.

Have a great day everyone, looks like the sun is trying to come out here. I cannot wait for spring.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning everyone!!!
    I did slept 6 hours in one shot so my sleeping is improving that is encouraging but will take rest and maybe a nap today between some cleaning on my to do list I did a while ago.
    So I think with the stress relieved I will not need sleeping pills like I thought so that is a good news!!!
    I am so not a morning person lol
    Yesterday I did a list and went at metro grocery with my aunt spend a good chuck again grr so I will need minimal grocery saturday I think and it will cost less spend 86$ so I am now over budget as I spend too this week 70$ at maxi and cie and 20$ at the conveniance store...but I eat snacks and fruits now I will try to have this habit and my dad dont so that is where my money went basically
    I cleaned the 2 fridges,tossed a few expired things unfortunnatly that frustrate me....
    Did put the compost,garbages and recycle in the bin this morning
    Now I will clean the microwave so nasty dirty,do the dishes even if I hate that no choice,do some cleaning on expired medications and pharmacy
    I did clean the kitchen a little bit..but it has to be decluterred again
    Will catch of the posts today too

Have a wonderfull day everyone and take care of you it is so Important...I realize now....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So annoying....per chance I always take a little bit of cash with me but I have not a ton of hand so yesterday I wanted to pay by debit card surprise the machine at metro did not work and the cashier said it was my card the problem...hum...so I went to my caisse Desjardins no problem with my card and I was offered to put paypass on my card so I said yes...I will have the new card by mail ..Apparently you have to bring a erase with you because the square(puce) of a card could have some junk in it...wow was not aware of that but good to know ...I need my card lol and after 3 failed attemps you lost your card it is desactivated so that would have not be good
    Ciel, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : so sorry for your lost .Many prayers for you and your familly during this difficult time.take care
    Skippy, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela ,so sorry for the loss of your loved one .Prayers for your family at this time.
    Skippy, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i are off to get our hair cuts,cant wait .

I called my daughter-in-law and cara is doing better she has just a low grade fever this morning -thank goodness.
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will have to get rib of expired coupons and do the cleaning of the kitchen table too ..full or papers grr
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Cold here but the the sun is shining.

Made DS a sandwich and clementines for his lunch. He is done at 2pm and they don't take lunch break just eat quickly in the classroom so he just needs a bite to eat. That is the one good thing about all this is that the cafeteria is closed (not good for those that lost jobs) but DS and his friends were eating there too much and I was guilty of just handing him $6 when we were rushed in the morning. So happy that we have to pack a lunch.

I have a few work things I need to get done today but other then that my day is pretty good. Will go for a walk later this afternoon.
    Have some laundry to put away. Dishes to wash.
    Looking at the sale flyers now and will need to look at my pc pt offers.

Have a great day everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I checked my pc offers for fun and no good offers ...so not surprised...that is 1 month of stupids offers of products I dont buy in a row!
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well on my #2 Pc pt card I have the offer for eggs ($1.29) and butter ($1.99) again this week. Guess I will get more. We have 4 dozen eggs on hand but with the new $3 reg price I gotta keep us stocked up. I boiled 4 eggs this morning to finish off the 5th carton that was taking up space. Will pack 2 in DS's lunch tomorrow and I"m sure he will eat the other 2 tonight.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We got our hair cuts ,feels so good .Hairdresser runs her own business by herself and she had to put the mens price up by 2.00,with all this closing and opening she said her accountant told her she would be out of business other wise in a year if she didnt .

Wow $3.00 a carton for eggs ,i never get the shoppers deal 1.29 for eggs but 1.99 is not bad compaired to 3.00.I am off to shoppers for seniors day need milk ,cream and a few sales plus gas i will get at the gas station .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Update: I got a call from my dad he will be operated march 11.And 1 week after in recovery.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS to pick up my Flashfood order. Grabbed 2 x 1lb strawberries ($1.77 GT) selling price $4.99!!
    and 2 pineapple for $1.97 each plus 500 pc pts for each.
    Washed and cleaned on package of strawberries. Some for my lunch and the rest ready for one of the kids but I'm thinking my kid with braces won't be able to eat.

1st load of laundry washed and hanging to dry. 2nd and last load in washer. Happy to have it all caught up and done before the weekend.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Mar 4th, 2021 at 12:43 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I am so sorry for your families loss, my prayers are with you.
    DH is going to be seeing his parents on Friday (for the 1st time in 6 months) only because his 94 yr old father has decided maybe now its time to look at retirement homes. I fear they waited too long as my MIL is very frail. But She does enough of her care solo that they may be able to move to seniors apartment with just mild support. FIL needs no help but he needs to not be running the house and caring for my MIL so this will be such a relief.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information