User Tag List

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My MIL died today. It was somewhat unexpected. Trying to figure things out. Phone calls to be made. She lived in Alberta.
    Sorry for your loss,prayers for all concerned.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day fellow SC'ers of the frugally inclined! I hope you don't mind me being in your thread. To be honest I really didn't know it existed because I generally live in other threads.I realise I shouldn't read some posts(especially at meal times) as they make me hungry.However
    my horizons are being expanded by some of the meal ideas! So thank you! Thank you too for also being there for each other, it is so good to see this in action and in this day and age we could use it more.Kudos to all of you for your contributions!
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Lost track of time this afternoon, it was 1 PM and then before I knew it, it was after 3 PM, I always prefer losing track of time vs time standing still but feel like my afternoon got away from me. I did not get anything done around this afternoon, but this morning I got the couch blankets done and the last load of pinks/reds is up in my room to be sorted.

I almost have my closet dug out (better known as the pile is stuff I just did not want to deal with). I am struggling with the pile because a lot of items in the pile are gifts that someone gave me and they have outlived their life with me but I feel bad getting rid of them because someone bought it for me. Should I feel guilty? Does this happen to you?

Dinner tonight was Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Oven Fries and Cesar Salad because I lost track of time and had nothing out but I am not complaining. One of my original options for today was Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches but I was going to make Sweet Potatoes to go with it but due to how late it was Oven Fries for the win.

I have started my to-do-list for the weekend, it has been a week so I want to get a few things done but also leave some time for resting and relaxing. I think some Netflix and Chill time will be needed this weekend. I think I will wash all the bedding this weekend and do the floors on the main level plus some Meal Prep.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!!
    Managed to accomplish all the things I said today so that is good to kept my mind busy.Tomorrow I will make my grocery list for saturday and I a little bit stressed I have 7 price matching to do (but all in the same flyer super c) Generally I only do 2 or 3 lol.But 1$ in various place will save some money for buying more healthy things like fruits and smoothies.
    After the big cleaning of my expired coupons I have about 10 coupons left that are still good that suck..will try to email and call some compagnies sunday

I am glad my father car is not in the street with the snow...The car is in the coop autorized parking at least.So no infraction bill for the snow.

Now it is snowing in QC.

Have a wonderful evening and night!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Mar 4th, 2021 at 07:12 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I realize I sleep better with relaxing music and relaxing perfume smell in my bedroom like lavender so I will try that tonight.
    I forget that I have 2 big containers of change to count and use so I might do that too..Dont want to go into counting machine they charge you 30% of the amount to change it in bill...that is ridiculious.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

was happy that my dad called me tonight before he called just the between 11 AM or 1 in the afternoon...The hospital found him a plug for is cellphone so he will call me more often!!! And we can talk more not just like 2 min
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Cath - i am very glad you were able to talk to your dad.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My principal touched base with me twice today. She asked permission before sending a condolences email to me and notifying the school staff.

Our babysitter baked 2 loaves of banana bread. She’s offered to make cinnamon buns, which Dh loves. I asked and she made a pan today. She says she owes Dh better cinnamon buns.

I made roast pork with onion, hash brown casserole, gravy, unsweetened apple sauce, and steamed California veggies.

I did a quick Sobeys trip for comfort foods. I bought chocolate milk and over priced cheesy bread sticks for myself. I bought chips and dip for Dh.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Mar 4th, 2021 at 11:58 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

((((Hugs to you @Angela _273 and your family on the loss of your MIL.)))) You have good people around you in RL and their open-heartedness to help is such a comfort.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 Thrilled that you balancing your needs with updates from father! Glad that your aunt is available to help you with some things-let her know she's your Wonder Woman relative! Wow on the 30% fee from coins-thought Coinstar only took 9%. I was looking at the one at Sobeys (I don't have that many coins) today and thought how I'd love to feed coins into a machine. Yes I miss vending machines...
    Giseledta, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama Mail coming for 11 years for past owner? That's persistence on someone else's part. Love that you and DH have walking goals for the next big outdoor adventure.
    BTW, is your DS commenting on how he'll have to bring a bigger water bottle to school when the temperatures go up? I have not heard if schools are allowing fountain use yet or not. I noticed in Winners very large (almost 2L) plastic water containers (like jugs or oversize water bottles) for sale near the cash line-up maze. Kids won't be keen to carry a knapsack for water and school lunch and a second knapsack for school books and work in warm weather. I almost foresee a smart kid figuring out how to run a frozen treat side business if s/he can figure out how to get a freezer pack to last some hours filled with freezies or popsicles and get it into school.
    Giseledta likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley 2021 you is on a roll. Catch that wave as long as you want that momentuum to continue (and you do have momentuum!!).
    Do what Marie Kondo does-thank the item for its time in your life (and maybe the giver) and wish the item well on its next journey. Let it go (if it's easy to replace. If it's a discontinued item, set yourself a limit of 5 might need it laters (5 clothing items to keep) but no more than that). You are creating room for new opportunities and wardrobe (besides you can feel like you gained real estate when there is more empty space for awhile).
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I almost foresee a smart kid figuring out how to run a frozen treat side business if s/he can figure out how to get a freezer pack to last some hours filled with freezies or popsicles and get it into school.
    Get a job with DoorDash and then use the foil-lined carrying basket.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday-collected sweater from Rickis and got first of two packages from the Bay by mail. Mom has 2 new sweaters and third one is on its way too. No idea where in GTA my shoe order is cooling inside a trailer. No obvious update from day 1 as to location or postal facility. Simons order is on the move too-yay.

Visited Winners #2 for Woolite accessories but alas, nothing in stock and laundry stuff is now in an aisle, not the back wall. Found a jar of jam and package of clearance napkins to buy. Sobeys-found different Compliments napkins assortment (and had 6 AM pts offer if I bought one package plus 10 bonus AM if I spent at least $20) so soon I will have more than enough points to do a $10 redemption in March and walk away from the card program. YES! I did not score in the cola dept-no cases of Coke with Stevia. I was very very sad and had to settle for 2x2L pops of different flavours. Even checked the single-serve pop areas and no new flavours of Mountain Dew were seen. Vanilla Coke and Diet Coke Xtra infused pops were in stock.

Now I have decided I must hike to Avondale this week to check out what's in the store's pop fridges. Local Shoppers might have stock soon but will wait until I have a photo order to do before looking at the store again.

Spent time on a couple of different kids store sites and realized that a local place catering to small kids has some decent books and puzzles. Bookmarked some items for future consideration but must be willing to pay $$ to buy. My inner kid wants a small book collection and a puzzle and a toy...so far. There's a crinkly fabric white sunny-side up egg toy with embroidered face being sold as tactile toy (also a leaf version). Must admit that someone took the crinkly wrapping paper idea to a more retail-friendly item idea! Need to jot in my journal about why my inner kid is so demanding of kids' stuff lately...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

forget to said we will have another maxi and cie even we have already one for next fall I think...they will be in the old local of loblaws not a coincidence lol
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information