User Tag List

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Roasted one acorn squash (cut it into smaller chunks), the last pepper and some assorted veg going limp last night. The chili pepper flakes pepped up the squash (not so tasty via low broil temp but better on the 375 or 400F temp). So good to have hot stuff last night, well before the rains came around 11pm. Will go outside to see if anything needs picking up or straightening soon. Best to do it and get it over with!

Our Homes (freebie at Sobeys exit) Spring 2021 issue has gorgeous rooms and furniture (I see design ideas vision board coming soon) plus egg carton painted flowers picture frame project (p.56 of pdf magazine) and Carmelized Peaches dessert recipe (p.58 of pdf magazine) ! https://ourhomesonline.s3.amazonaws....Spring2021.pdf

Hudson Bay Rewards members-check your e-mails today to see if HBR topped up your rewards to use a $ discount credit for this weekend only! I got topped up to 1000pt so $5 off IF I buy something this weekend. I'm looking at confectionery but will look at a clothing item and two home items to see what prices exist within my budget.

I have not done anything with the MPAC situation (correcting a couple of things on property file) so that is a to-do item. An online seminar next week of interest-have to see if there's a space left and if it's livestream rather than Zoom or MS Teams event.

As it's almost the end of March, that means vacuum behind the wooden pantry and fridge semi-annual event. One crisper bin will only be accessible if fridge is pulled out of alcove past the cupboards--today probably is the best day to get it done.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier afternoon everyone!!!
    As you can see I went to IGA.But also in marche public..I purchased just the things needed at Marche Public so a nice bill.
    maybe 4 things like smoked ham,patatoes and sweet patatoes at maxi monday and I am done for a while!!!
    I was pourring a lot when i did the grocery,,but happy to have done it
    For now it is lunch time and I will relax
    Have a good day
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just went and picked up the Flashfood order and hamburger buns. DS is set for the weekend.
    Will take out a roast beef tomorrow for Sunday will make roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and fresh asparagus.

Found a baggie of american change and added it to my jar. Ready for when I can finally do a road trip in US.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just sold a plastic drawer storage for $10.00(i found at side of road last spring)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Probably it will be raining all week end so perfect time for cleaning more...
    I think the neigbour is done moving and the shelves are still there ...double grr they are fixed hard with some screws..
    Will really push trought to order some coupons of products I buy this week end.
    Have a good evening and night
    Dinner is pastas ,cannot wait!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sold 3 items. listed a bunch more. hopi g for more sales. oldest went and got me a brace for my hand..pain..ughh. she grabbed nuggets and fries for me as well... easy supper, not the best. but its fine for 1 night

i am being ruthless i the playroom i am just in that kinda mood lol
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I was really ticked and tired to see the shelves in the locker who block the dry clothing line so I just ...oh I am so mean...I am pretty sure the neigbour have quit anyway..removed those and free the dry line....so happy

He cannot do nothing against me and I have the right to use it so no problem..to justify this..even dad was agree,...enough is enough
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I realised just now that they dont give you a proof of purchase at marche public except at the chicken store so I cannot track my expenses grr but have a good idea anyway..I spend less half of last week.JUst minimun things,such as a cooked rotisserie chicken for dad,cheese,salad and a fish
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Not a lot getting done around here today. I think I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night, grrr insomnia sucks. Not sure if it is the full moon coming up or what but my sleep has been off for a few nights with the last being the worst. I couldn't fall asleep, didn't stay asleep just a rough night.

A headache started to come on this afternoon, think that is the weather so after work I took a small little nap on the couch which kind of messed with my dinner plans.

Original plan:
    Homemade Chicken Fingers with Homemade Potato Wedges or Sweet Potato Slice and either Sauteed Corn or Ceasar Salad on the side.

Reality:
    Homemade Chicken Fingers with Oven Fries and a side Cesar Salad

Not too far off the original plan but had not planned to have Oven Fries for a second night this week. But it was not take-out, a year ago we would have just ordered pizza and called it a night.

Working on my weekend plan now, I forsure need to finish the bathroom (really wanted to get this done today but life happened) and I want to sort my donation bin to see if I can make more room. All of our local charities are asking people not to donate right now, they are over flowing with donations so I am not sure what to do with what we do not want. Seriously thinking about posting it online for free, it will take more of my time but hopefully it will get it out of my house.

Normally I would try to sell it but right now I have stuff that just is not moving and I just want it gone. We will see how my weekend goes. Fingers crossed I wake up tomorrow with tons of ambition and can just knock a bunch of stuff out. Fingers crossed I sleep tonight LOL.

Okay, need to finish my to-do-list, meal plan and meal prep plan for the weekend.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Have to work from home due to COVID. Decided to use lunch time to save money--called up the internet provider and asked for a deal. Got double the internet speed for the same price, plus $20 off monthly tv, internet and home phone cost

Question: for those working from home, are you getting a lot of telemarketing and spam calls? If yes, how do you deal with this? Thanks
    -

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Still looking at The Bay site and under Sale-Home, I noticed this laundry drying rack system!
    https://www.thebay.com/product/green...TAINLESS_STEEL
    Good for small spaces that need drying room. I am not certain if unit is as just as heavy as my Canadian Tire wire rack buy from last spring (also metal but hard to set up). Keen to know if any SCer is using this unit and can list pros of having it. Thanks!

So far, I am only wishlist-ing items to my account. Cannot spend until I feed the ATM tomorrow. Will look at tops after I am done with Home items

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Have to work from home due to COVID. Decided to use lunch time to save money--called up the internet provider and asked for a deal. Got double the internet speed for the same price, plus $20 off monthly tv, internet and home phone cost

Question: for those working from home, are you getting a lot of telemarketing and spam calls? If yes, how do you deal with this? Thanks
    -
    @Shwa Girl Way to go on the Internet/phone/tv deal! Wish Bro would give Cogeco a call...
    Re: telemarketers-the robo calls tend to come around lunchtime and suppertime. Whenever Mom says hello twice and hangs up, I know there was no one on the other end yet.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Re: telemarketers-the robo calls tend to come around lunchtime and suppertime. Whenever Mom says hello twice and hangs up, I know there was no one on the other end yet.
    I force everyone to leave me a message. Anyone who can't bother to leave one, doesn't want to talk with me.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning and Happy Saturday!!!
    Kind of a blah week end,I think it will rain all week end.Rest of the snow will melt!!!
    Not impressed and what a bad timing the smoke detector battery is dead so I will need to replace it but I dont go to store until monday in afternoon so that will have to wait until then
    Purchased at marche plublic a big container of maple spread..yum!!!
    Have to take the garbages and recycle out,take a shower and will see what the day bring
    Talked to a acquitance in fb yesterday night...was a good amount of time since we talked.
    Dinner will be easy peasy it will be leftovers of the week (want to make place in the fridge)
    I am still debatting if I will replace the old 21 years old stove altrought it still work great,that will depend if I find a good deal and delivery too....Want something simple like now
    Alright have a good day and enjoy it!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 27th, 2021 at 07:14 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Noticed that dad bandages (small white strips) are slowly falling down totally normal so now he can take enjoy a shower today or tomorrow!!!
    Change of subject I saw on news that Pacaya Volcano in Guatemala is active quite impressive!!! I was there in the 2000 years old.It is good memeries to rethink of that.!!!
    On the to do list in a few months I want to move my queen bed in the front bedroom and see with that if he need repairs(was my mom one,it is not up for now)
    But dad will need help as well as putting the climatisor in the windows on..my uncle will help
    Off to take the garbage recycle outside in the bin,that tick me..

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information