User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JDI007
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: Survey Consent and Junk Mail, do you "Agree to all"?+

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does everyone here just "accept all" for survey consent with your personal information being used/shared.

I noticed that I have been receiving a lot of junk mail that's disturbing. I blame survey panels.
    But some more than others.

They have this pop up, saying they will use and share your personal information including your ip address...

I'm wondering how far are you all willing to go? Do you just "agree" for everything, or is this something you would stop and say "no" to? Is anyone else a member of any panel that asks you for this information? Do you remove yourself from the panel or agree and carry on with surveys? Do you also get tons of disturbing junk mail?

Name:  002.png
Views: 103
Size:  45.6 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It depends on whether agreeing to all means you get to do the survey or not. I usually narrow down the consent to what I can live with and then try to do a survey. If I get weeded out, I'm off doing something else online.

I have recently been unsubscribing from some store e-mails or newsletters as I don't see the point of up to 10 per week from one chain. Harder to let go other store e-mails, without which certain promotions or news might be missed.

Related issue-if you enter a dodgy contest site, you'll likely get at least two related spam sites sending you e-mail. Had that problem last summer -took over two months for the spam to stop (clicking unsubscribe did not work at all). And last week, a new spam related to one of the contest sites showed up in my inbox. Instant banishment to the Spam folder!
    endi2000 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information