User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Here is my question. Why do they not ask you if you have ever had or currently have a drug or alcohol addiction? Why are they specifically singling out people who have mental illnesses? To me, the doctor should be notifying the MTO if they feel that a patient may not be able to drive, even if it is only under certain conditions. And the doctor should be held responsible if that person is in an accident and shouldn't have been driving and the doctor didn't notify anyone.

I do think they should be able to revoke your license if you are acting in an unfit manner to be driving. For example, that crazy Bible guy with the purple gorilla on his car lol. But my concern is that they could deny someone the right to drive simply because of a past psychological condition or one that simply has no bearing on ability to drive. Like, what are they using for a basis to decide whether a person should have a license or not?

I do like the new law that they put in affect in Ontario though. Which is that if you appear to be under the influence of any kind of drug, even prescription, they can make you take a drug test. My father-in-law takes heavy doses of morphine AND drinks. Just the amount of morphine he takes means he should not be driving and I honestly think he needs to be taught a lesson about this, even if it is a prescribed drug. And I am sure there are many more like that.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I spent my night in the hospital last night, and before they would give me Morphine they asked if I would be driving. Then they needed to know how I was getting home. They won't let you get behind the wheel here after a drug like that.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

http://sootoday.com/content/news/ful...ryNumber=34385

Read this. We were just talking about the elderly and how they should be tested if they are going to place testing on the mentally ill. This just happened today in my hometown!!!
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nova Scotia actually revoked the new form today due to the outcries of many people and groups!!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!!

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Yeah! That is great news Nanuk.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Good. Like it said in the article, if they asked "Are you taking any medications that might affect your ability to drive?" that would be better. Not asking if a person has a mental condition. Many drugs can affect your ability to drive, not just phychiatric drugs.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great news for those of us who are safe drivers and would like a little privacy! DMV workers don't take an oath of privacy as far as I know!
    Wins ~ $339.50 for 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information