User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Anna Michele
  • 2 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By Purdee
  • 1 Post By savabuck

Thread: Walmart closing 6 stores across Canada.

  1. #1
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    733
    Likes Received
    165
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)



    1
    In the news it says Kitchener East store closing. Which one are they meaning?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Earn $50 a month with swagbucks

    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shellylynn31


  2. #2
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,967
    Likes Received
    2543
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Don't live in Kitchener.My guess is the one that was a formerZellers or Woolco,most dead mall location and smallest and most delapidated building.

  3. #3
    Cane-tastic bean bun
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    17,821
    Likes Received
    24677
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    In Hamilton ON, a former Zellers location turned into Walmart around 2011. That site on Mohawk Rd E & Upper Sherman Ave is closing (just found an item in the weekly paper online about the closure). The plaza's No Frills at that site closed, so residents are going to have to drive/bus over to Fortinos at Mall Rd for groceries.
    Think that County Fair Plaza is going to need an update or someone wanting to build a condo project there.
    barbis9 and Anna Michele like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

  4. #4
    Mastermind Anna Michele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SOUTHERN ONTARIO
    Posts
    23,036
    Likes Received
    30827
    Trading Score
    551 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    In Hamilton ON, a former Zellers location turned into Walmart around 2011. That site on Mohawk Rd E & Upper Sherman Ave is closing (just found an item in the weekly paper online about the closure). The plaza's No Frills at that site closed, so residents are going to have to drive/bus over to Fortinos at Mall Rd for groceries.
    Think that County Fair Plaza is going to need an update or someone wanting to build a condo project there.
    That was the worst Walmart the staff are miserable and the obvious fact that it wasn't a supercentre so it never had everything I needed

    Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

  5. #5
    Canadian Genius
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,967
    Likes Received
    2543
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by shellylynn39 View Post
    In the news it says Kitchener East store closing. Which one are they meaning?
    Stanley Park Mall in Kitchener is closing.
    Ciel and shellylynn39 like this.

  6. #6
    Cane-tastic bean bun
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Ciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    17,821
    Likes Received
    24677
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)




    The Malton Supercentre (Malton area of Mississauga) closure is causing much gnashing of teeth for locals who live near it but find the alternate location too far away. Someone indicated that the location was only built a few years ago, so that had to be a major concern for locals to hear of its closure.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

  7. #7
    Canadian Genius anisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    lost in my mind
    Posts
    7,865
    Likes Received
    7185
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)




    We have a really old one in town that is tiny.
    I'm surprised it's staying open!
    Ciel likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

  8. #8
    Smart Canuck Purdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,038
    Likes Received
    9097
    Trading Score
    123 (100%)




    i went to the store that's on their list to be closed and it was business as usual; there was no signage and no indication that the store is closing.
    Ciel likes this.

  9. #9
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    435
    Likes Received
    549
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The Malton Supercentre (Malton area of Mississauga) closure is causing much gnashing of teeth for locals who live near it but find the alternate location too far away. Someone indicated that the location was only built a few years ago, so that had to be a major concern for locals to hear of its closure.

    My sister lives close to this one and yes it's fairly new, used to be a Food Basic at the location before. When this closes they only have a freshco for grocery store close by.
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •