User Tag List

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$25 in sales today. 2 sent etransfers. One is on way with cash. I haven't really posted much. Just the odd thing here and there. I really need to get at it.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

$6.00 in sales a puzzle -he is coming from out of town -cash .Gonna look for more items to post .

Posted a few more items -person came and got puzzle $6.00 for me .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Apr 22nd, 2021 at 02:53 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we had snow the past 2 days... totally over it.
    i managed to get booked for my vaccine. so i am very happy.
    my click and collect is this saturday. .. my pc express app is grumpy... keeps stopping... ugh.
    i plan on hiding in my house and decluttering.... less is more...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Giseldta-i agree we just had a snow squall around 3.30 this afternoon as i walked over to get my mail ,it is so depressing as i look out at my umbrella and patio set (yes we put it up early as it was so warm the past week)

Good you booked your shot .I just talked to a girlfriend who is in her late 50's and she has her name down but her hubby didnt book yet in his late 60"s or her mom 80's as she is afraid and they cant talk her into it .Meanwhile my daughter's best friend who is 40 got it yesterday and my daughter is 39 this summer and she said wow i would love to have it mom .

My back is still in pain -yes 7 days now i keep moving and applying heat and cold compress -time is what i have a lot of to heal.
    Working on my puzzle now and then to pass the time as i am tired of t.v .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Hoping for an uneventful weekend here.

Would really like some alone time but with Covid that just is not an option. This week I have really been feeling the lack of alone time. Sadness, I actually have a hotel gift card a family member gave me before Covid hit so I could get away one weekend but then Covid hit. I think it is a girl thing but even if you check into a hotel and do nothing, it is just the best. I think it is just being away from everything, even if things need to be done you are away so they will have to wait. Yeah I could go for a nice Hotel weekend with some Netflix, oh how a girl can daydream.

Made it through today but ended up with a massive headache, pretty sure it is Blood Pressure, so now I am trying to relax. Tomorrow is a new day and I am going to be positive and tell myself tomorrow will be better, it is Friday.

Mom made dinner, she made an Veggie Stir Fry with an Asian Sauce and used some of Ramen Noodles I got in my Grocery Pickup Order. It is funny when I ordered them I thought, should I order a couple of packs but was like no no, just get one we don't use them that often. I should have grabbed a few packs. I will have to see if No Frills have them and what their price is.

I am still working on adding more variety to our meals but now I want to put some focus on our side dishes. Since I have stopped chasing the sales and I am not shopping at the Chinese Market I feel like our side dishes are repetitive and I am starting to get bored with some of them. Unless the sales improve I am going to have to get more creative with our side dishes as we do not have produce variety we used to have.

Have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , I could not imagine trying to work at home and help with home schooling.

It is weird I feel fortunate to be working remotely but it is also isolating. Last year it feels like we were more aware of everyone's mental health and doing little things just keep feeling like a team. Now this is the new normal and especially for me since I work in a team of me, myself & I, it is weird, I get more phone calls than anyone in our company but you miss that day to day not about work interaction. Right now I just jump from one fire to another.

It cannot happen but I would love to just make a bunch of baked goods go into the office and just be like okay Coffee Break everyone, let's enjoy but Covid does not allow homemade baked goods at work and a stay-at-home order means I cannot enter the branches.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Taxes are done and dusted. Now to wait for my money which will immediately go to the investment account. Covid is really helping my early retirement plans. DH got his vaccine today and I go Friday. We both became eligible with the age change and signed up as soon as it was announced. I will be so relieved in about 14 days. The longer this goes on the more afraid of Covid I become.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I am wishing for a speedy availability of the J&J vaccine for my friend when they come to Hamilton. I feel that it won't be before May.

Got 50 cents refund for containers taken to beer store, managed to close my bank account, bought soap at Dollarama (all aisles are walkable but most sections have green string with letter size signs explaining why closed) and a few groceries at Fortinos. Had left home just as 11:30am powder snowshower began. Had buttered toast and cherry jam sandwiches for lunch with watermelon lemonade before heading back out to the library (cue another snowshower of cute tiny snowflakes). More snow during computer time (big flakes) and on way home. Got my fresh air-no treasure finds though. Some coupons found on the Coupon Zone board were for Special K bars, Special K cereal, Siggi yogurt and TAZO tea. Did not see Pepsi Throwback single bottles in the takeout zone or case pop aisle. There was a 50% off clearance food rack near the freezer dept but as an employee was stocking it and another shopping zooming in to see the shelves, I only noticed some Barilla pasta. Hope to get back in to see what else is there. Did see a rectangular red tin of Kit Kat (Lunar New Year?) on top shelf. BTW, Fortinos has $5.99 watermelons, the smaller kind like the one I paid $11.99 through Groc. Gateway. I am craving that fruit and was disappointed I had not brought my shopping cart.

I could not fall asleep last night with success until I tried stacking the second pillow under my usual one. Great elevation to prevent my leaning on my shoulder (as I keep aggravating some nerve) but neck was squawking about the pressure on its good side so I have to try a folded garment under my pillow tonight.

Had one mug of green tea and some juice. Feel like I need more liquid so time to get some warm water.

Tomorrow-plan to go to library again, have two cards to put in the mail and likely do a walk in the morning. Wearing spring coat, not winter coat this time around.

Must look for Longos and Walmart flyers to see if there's something I am missing...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village fans who have Instagram or Facebook-there's a contest today only where you go on their social media to enter a $422 shopping spree. Earth Day related. Don't miss out! E-mail was sent after 1pm and I did not check my e-mail during lunch or at the library.
    JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0 03 I feel the same, the longer this goes the more worried I become. I feel like instead of things getting better, they are getting worse with the new variants and it seems like no matter where you live right now the numbers are climbing.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -At least i am getting better sleep than the last few months ,sleeping in til 7.30 this morning .I agree it is hard not seeing our grandkids and just chatting on the phone (i think the kids are tired of zoom calls ,plus my grandkids dont stay long on the screen as they are young).My daughter is on zoom a lot with her work .

I need milk and bread today and salad green (i miss this the most) not going out every week but waiting ,so may get takeout for hubby and i from fortinos after i pick up a few grocery items .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF. I look forward to getting stuff done around the house this weekend. Will putter in the garage and post lots for sale for sure!

DS is done school for the day (teacher did a quick zoom meeting and gave 2 easy assignments that DS said were easy and now he is done for the weekend. He told me he would do some work for 30 mins this morning lol so I better pick some chores for him to do.

I made overnight oats last night and had 1/2 for breakfast. Will have the other 1/2 tomorrow. It was nice having it ready and knowing I could eat it quickly with no thought. Will do this for sure once a week at least.

I bought romaine yesterday so we have everything needed for tacos. DS took the meat out of the freezer so he can feast on those later today. There are 2 boxes of wings in the freezer that I will tell DS to try in the air fryer this weekend.

ok off to get some stuff done
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Apr 23rd, 2021 at 10:33 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Thankfully today is a much better day. I need to remember to thankful for the good days, thankfully these days there are more good days than bad but I cannot forget when bad days seemed to be the norm for me. I think sometimes we take our mental health and good days for granted, although we should not focus on the struggles (totally guilty of this) we do need to remember they happen.

I had planned to go grocery shopping this morning right at opening, I did not go. We need some Fresh Stuff but we have food on hand to get through the weekend so we shall see how I feel later.

I am still super tired, I have 2 alarms that go off each morning, they are both still set but I only remember turning one off this morning and my last alarm goes off at 6 am, I woke up at 6:45 on my own thankfully or I would have been late for work.

Now to figure out that question to pops up everyday, what will we have for dinner tonight.

Have a great day everyone,
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl those zoom meetings can be next level. I have two new trainees next week which means a week of speaking 4 to 6 hours a day on Zoom. I love my job I see the benefits of zoom, I will be training 2 staff members in 2 branches 5 hours apart in the same day but yeah these tend to be long days. Especially since my other work does not stop and still has to be done.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good morning everyone! It seems to have been a long week for everyone,yours truly included! Add Covid to the mix and blah.
    Life can be difficult in the best of times and sucks even more during these times.
    Thankfully I don't have Covid and hopefully neither you nor your loved ones.There is solace in that, but it's so hard to remember with all the continual news bombardments that can instil fear.
    Give thanks too, for those here in the thread who you can turn to when you need to. There is strength to be found together!
    Have a great weekend everyone! Blessings my friends!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information