User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am so annoyed. If Ford puts us back in lockdown before Tuesday my sons G drive test will be cancelled for the 4th time. They have 5 years to get it before they start over and he was 1st cancelled last March. I am so fed up it’s probably a good thing if I stay in my house for another month.
    @lilo0003 I hear you about your son driving test getting cancelled. The same is happening with my younger DD she has hers cancelled so many times we stop counting. She was supposed to have it done next Friday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@YOU AND ME so sorry to hear about your loss
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked up DS early from school since he had a test and then they were just watching a movie.
    Put him to work at home and had him do vacuum. Then had him take junk out to garage.
    Dining room is clean including my work space!
    Put a load of laundry on and it is now hanging to dry.
    Will do the rest this weekend.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Good morning all long time for me not being on Smartcanucks.2020 was a very bad yearas i lost 2 of my brothers in 2020 i just wanted to say hi and start this April thread
    Please accept my condolences on the loss of your two brothers. It is difficult to lose one,let alone two people so close to you in such a short period of time. I hope and pray 2021 will indeed be a better year for you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good morning everyone!!!!
    It is currently snowing for a change.
    I need to do a small list for tomorrow shopping.think I will hit IGA for another 3 cheeses with the agropur promo,and then marche public and then off to renew my medication
    Wanted to purchase last time I was at maxi and cie 1 more kellogs special k vanilla and almond cereal because I still have a 1$ off coupon,,the big box where on a good sale but not a single left.grr I find maxi and cie is a hit or miss...with items I use..I am surprise dad love the special k ,more than the mini weats,go figure ahahah
    Today maybe a little bit of cleaning,tomorrow I want to bake a cake
    I have 4 pc offers I could use for a change.yay!!!
    And 20$ to cash out,that will help a little bit!!!

Have a fabulous day
    I want to order more coupons today,going to writhe to the products i use frequently and make good compliments lol
    cath007 does maxi and cie not offer rain cheques if an item is out of stock? (sorry but I don't know how to ask you in French)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

YOU and ME-sorry to hear of the loss of both brothers in 2020-take care

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just put our names on a waitlist for the 55 -64 age group at our pharmacy for the vaccine (we are both age 61 we are 3 months apart in age)This made my day . Son told me to check it out on our local city page ,so glad i did .

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just booked my first Pfizer jab for Saturday afternoon. Wife got hers yesterday.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Skippy : only if it is in the flyer I forgot to ask because way to many pm to do
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I won 2 fpcs for Peak Freans cookies,sorry the contest is for qc only...
    I could had win 2 more but I screwed up at a mathematic question and the other one the e-mail adress is to similar grr...better than nothing I guess ...I think since it is the first day of the contest everybody win as i read in fb french couponning site I found the link.
    Will retry tomorrow for my curiosity
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh what a week, Monday was not my day, I was just in a mood, I was cranky and wanted the world to leave me alone but that will never happen on a Monday. Mondays are always one of my busiest days. I got a surprise Monday afternoon that turned my day around. Being a homebody by nature I have kind of felt like these restrictions should be no big deal for me, I mean they are telling me to stay home but I was struggling with everything a bit.

My Dad stopped by social distanced of course and dropped off a card for me. It was nice to see someone outside of my household in person. Outside of my Mom I have not seen any of my family in person since before Christmas, we use zoom and text and email but seeing him even though it was only 2 minutes was great.

I have to admit most of my week has been work, we have a new hire starting Monday in a new position so that means new training plans, new manuals so my week has been super busy, plus the day to day does not stop this week. It has been insane, it got to the point yesterday every time the little noise went off telling me I had a new email I was like "oh no, what isn't working now." Plus this whole Friday holiday is totally throwing me off, I am ready to start a petition moving forward Monday holidays only, all holidays will be celebrated on Mondays.

Wednesday I had to go into one of our branches which is closed to Costco so I went to Costco and stocked up, not as big of a shop this time but I am happy with what we got. It was surprisingly not busy, we walked right in, the store was not crowded at all, barely a line-up at cash it was like winning the lottery. I also ran into Superstore and got a few things there that were on sale that I could not or would not pay the Costco price for, mainly it was produce. Only thing I did not get was Peppers, Superstore was sold out and not on my list but I want Tomatoes but WOW are they expensive so I passed.

Everything that needed to go in the fridge is put away but everything else is waiting until tomorrow to be put away. It will be a bit of a busy weekend around the house getting caught up.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

April Fool's Day/Poisson d'avril-the weather forecast was accurate about snow flurries for today!

Rather pleasant to bundle up in winter gear again. It made going in and out of places refreshing. Friend and I shopped the Carters Osh Kosh kid's clothing store (I did not want to risk a lineup situation after the lockdown changes start on Saturday here in Ontario)-we must have been there 40min. I managed to decide on about $50 worth of items to use my $10 off offer. Had the store been open in February, I could have bought lots of things in one trip and set up gift boxes. However I am doing gift boxes now, so our family is ready to mail out a box when word comes that there's a new baby in the family (and there is no reliance on figuring out if there are gift registries posted somewhere online).
    Had ordered some baby items at a local store plus the sweetest little blank cards too. Had to order something online from Carter's as the items are online only (I called my local store in advance of visit to find out if what I wanted was available in-store and I was told no, only online). Yes, have gone a bit wild on spending but today is HST direct deposit day and the money was handy. Also placed a swaddle order at a US company that happened to have the items 1/2 off (lucky discovery) so I ordered two. I am hoping that exchange rate, bank fee and USPS shipping (11.99) aside, I won't have to pay any customs fees since items are made in USA. TBD.

Placed a fruit box and few grocery items order with Grocery Gateway. Just could not make myself head out tonight to get a few things and I was pleased there were some Sat morning delivery slots available. No luck finding Kit Kat bunny treats-even the bagged ones are sold online.
    In Longos, the 99 cent Kit Kat and Aero treats are their regular chocolates with smaller looking wrappers/packaging (aka price increase), not Easter treats. Walmart has some kind of small bags of Kit Kat mini eggs in their Seasonal Candy section, which was popular with shoppers who did not move fast to let the line flow-kind of a bottleneck, so avoid it if it's a busy time in the store.

We skipped going into Sobeys as it was busy in the afternoon.

I held off ordering a pair of Saucony shoes from Marks.com early this morning. They are regular price and the same model as the pair purchased from Sport Chek during winter at a reduced price.
    @Frugalbigmama Hamilton entered Grey-lockdown on Monday March 29, so that is why the library rules changed. Same rules will continue to apply this Saturday when the next changes to COVID-19 rules take effect in Ontario. Still grateful that we have in-person library service access!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Found a quarter near a drive-thru lane by a sidewalk last night! That was a fun find.
    The private sale for 50% off books & media at Value Village-a mix of older titles. Was hoping to find Gal Gadot's earlier Wonder Woman movie dvd.
    Then went to Walmart where at least 4 dvd editions of new Wonder Woman 1984 movie exist (based on format (Blu-ray/4k-$24.98), or combined with first movie, or 90 min special features after new movie-19.98 and one dvd that has Gal Gadot and Lynda Carter both in uniform, so I guess it's each actor's first film sold as a dual title dvd). My store has a display stand in the back main aisle in front of the Entertainment dept. It's likely that I or my friend will get a copy to share. Library copies on dvd or Blu-ray have well over 130 holds apiece in the catalogue.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@YOU AND ME Thanks for stopping by to check in and share. ((Hugs on the passing of your brothers.)) Hope to see you post again when you feel ready.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We received no advance notice. Ds came home with envelopes for after the break. Our local school division suddenly going to level 4 learning. The earliest they will return in person is April 26. They sent Ds home with everything today for himself and our twins. School division email sent out at 2:47pm today. Our babysitter will come to our house every school day while our children are online learning and I am teaching cyber school. We do not have enough devices with cameras for our children to be in live meetings at the same time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Apr 1st, 2021 at 10:19 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information