User Tag List

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela273 How awful to find out all this news today and no warning. Even a week or three days might have helped to prepare for the change.
    I can understand if teachers decide to not give notice about taking personal days off from online teaching as a result of the news.
    Give your DS a hug for doing the messenger duty for your family!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Posted in Gift Card deals thread the upcoming Shoppers and Cdn Tire gift card offers in the new flyers.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Yep I am the earlier birds this morning!!!
    -6 degres for now,still snow on the ground .Hoping it will heat up a little bit today!!!
    Today the plan is to go to marche public,IGA,and then renew my medications at Jean Coutu and maybe baking will see what the day bring!!!
    TGIF!!!! Happy long week end of easter!!! Enjoy it
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone.

Not much will be happening in my house . It’s a relaxing day with Netflix and later maybe some baking for tomorrow

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier afternoon!!!!
    Expensive day with the renewal of my medications sigh.....
    So crowded and busy at Jean Coutu pharmacy,IGA ( i never saw that before) and marche public....It seems it is a hollidays day today for most of the people...
    Found tresemme ,vaseline(only valid at Jean Coutu),1$ dove deo coupons,and 1$ trestelle coupon for cheese at IGA
    It cost me 8,00$ in mccintosh apples at iga(2,99$) lb for like 8 medium apples for a recepie..no common sense
    and they where out of grapes tomatoes of 0,89$ lb and I needed some so took another variety at 2,49$ lbs..sigh
    Purchased 3 others gouda anco cheese for the cheese promo agropur,already submit the receipt..but i have the same confirmation number that the first one..will see..did not ask my adress too..maybe because it is the 2 time I do the promo..
    Baking will be happen tomorrow I am to tired now
    I should get lunch many choices
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , I did not buy tomatoes on my last shop because I was not willing to pay that price.

Not sure about Quebec but I found in Ontario it is usually better to buy the bags of apples vs individually, I can usually get them cheaper this way. Usually on sale bulk apples are $0.99/lb but I can get a 6 lb bag for $3.99 or $4.99. But I also do not mind having extra apples on hand as we snack on them. use them for breakfasts, baking and desserts, they never go to waste.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today DH and I are collaborating on laundry and cleaning-tomorrow will be cooking and then a couple of quieter days. Happy Easter to all.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @cath007, I did not buy tomatoes on my last shop because I was not willing to pay that price.

Not sure about Quebec but I found in Ontario it is usually better to buy the bags of apples vs individually, I can usually get them cheaper this way. Usually on sale bulk apples are $0.99/lb but I can get a 6 lb bag for $3.99 or $4.99. But I also do not mind having extra apples on hand as we snack on them. use them for breakfasts, baking and desserts, they never go to waste.
    @SassyAshley : Yes I agree next time if I need and want apples I will buy them in bulk bags.I was not expecting this price.Its was a shock when I saw my receipt...
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Getting the things done. Lots to get done since I went shopping this week, we did not buy a ton but still some stuff to be done.

I started my day emptying and reloading the dishwasher, we ran it last night well we were having dinner so none of the dinner dishes went in. There were a few hand dishes to be done so I got those done as well so I could work in a clean kitchen.

Bun and Bread have been packaged to go in the freezer.
    Parmesan has been grated and is in the fridge.
    Onions from the basement have been brought up and put in the fridge
    One of the two packages of Romaine have been processed and packaged for the fridge (second will be done tomorrow)
    Bacon Bits have been crisped up for dinner - we buy the bacon crumbs but I like mine crisper

Tonight dinner will be Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, I woke up with a craving for Pepperoni Pizza, just Pepperoni, crispy crunchy Pepperoni. This is a weird craving for me but maybe it is because once or twice a year I will treat myself and grab slices at work for lunch but now that I am working remotely there are no rare take-out treats. Tonight will be Homemade Pepperoni Pizza with Caesar Salad.

Think I might call it a day and just relax tonight, there is always tomorrow to get the rest of the stuff done.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Good Friday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Tonight dinner will be dalisa sausages and the store I buy my codd salad was out off it so I did go to another store in marche public and bought a small patatoes salad to try..so delicious with bacon so I will have that with my sausages and a salad(ranch or ceasar not decided yet!!It is sunny now.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Had just enought ink in my printer to print 2 recepies I want to make maybe this week
    Apple Brocoli salad ( better one recepie than the natasha kitchen one,more similar to the ingrediants i have on hand)
    Patatoes salad( I am so craving patatoes salad and the one at the grocery store is not good and the other one I purchased I found it very expensive
    as well as I might bake a pineapple cake me too with @SassyAshley recepie

but before baking I need to do the dishes ..again..sigh..a never ended circle
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Apr 2nd, 2021 at 07:26 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I talked to another friend who is friend of my friend lol...In fact we talked about anything.I said me and my friend we do price matching and he joked me I go get the grocery all in one store no price matching,no rebate no coupons and i like it this way I have no time to loose with those savings things.....I was like ughh..really...I really dont know how he make it..I like to be able to have more things and try new things I could not afford otherwhise by doing price matching and couponning...just my two cents...sorry of my kind of rant

have a good night

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

sorry, i don't know where to post my questions. I'm looking for peeps (marshmallows shaped yellow chicks); i've been to 2 walmarts, 1 no frills and 1 rcss.
    TIA
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007, I find a lot of people do not get what I will call this life style of shopping. A good portion of my family thinks I am insane.

I have family members who would never shop at the lower end stores No Frills, Freshco, Food Basics (Sorry not sure what the equal would be in Quebec), in there their eyes Zehrs, Sobey's, Longo's have "better products"

I have some who will shop the sales but they look at the flyers pick the store with the best deals for them this week and then buy everything there.

I have others who view groceries as a necessity so it is what it is you need it you have to buy it and just have to make it work. They would never go into a store and see Cherry Tomatoes at $5.99 and not buy them because it is food we need food we always buy Cherry Tomatoes. Or they want to make a big breakfast this weekend it is food we need food so even though Bacon is $6.99 oh well it is food it is necessity.

I also have a family member who believe grocery shopping is not "worth their time" so they only do grocery pick-up and again the prices are what they are because they only have one store locally that offers grocery pick-up. To them it is what it is, it is not worth their time to go into store.

Everyone is different, we just have to accept it and do what is best for us and our household. For me, I know I have everything on hand my household needs but I also know if needed I could help other family members, I have flour, yeast and all those little things we could not find at the start of the pandemic on hand.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Apr 3rd, 2021 at 07:54 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Purdee not sure it helps but my local RCSS had peeps when I was there earlier this week but I did not see the chicks I only saw the bunnies. But with that being said I did not go into the Easter section that is just what I saw walking by.

In general I have noticed stores do not seem to have as much Easter as normal. I do not think they got less product but I think like most Holidays lately people are going big to try to find some sense of normalcy even if they cannot be with family.
    Giseledta, Purdee, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information