User Tag List

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thinking of my meal plan for the week. Using up stuff on hand of course! With leftovers for DS to eat come the weekend.
    I will get him Chinese probably Saturday night. Pay off for cleaning the yard this week

In no order (just thinking of things I have on hand to use up)

Steak/Shrimp, Baked potato, asparagus, onion/pepper mix
    Meat pie with ceaser salad
    Stuffed pasta with asparagus (we have so much fresh asparagus to use up!)
    Fried rice (I owe DS since the batch I made last week sucks- the salt grinder lid fell off and it dumped in- I thought I got all the salt out but I was told I didn't lol)
    Batch of pancakes/French toast (put in freezer to heat and eat if not all eaten)
    Grilled BLSL chicken breast, perogies and fresh asparagus

There I have a bit of a plan!!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Apr 5th, 2021 at 12:45 PM.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day friends! Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend and are hopefully enjoying some warmer temperatures wherever you may be.
    I am sorry to hear @JadeAngel of the difficulties you and your family having been having. I hope and pray you are all feeling better soon!
    Prior to the shutdown we bought turkey for a family get together which didn't happen. We always get a Butterball and this time tried something from them called a Naturally Inspired (raised without antibiotics) cuz it was the same price as a regular Butterball @ $1.99/lb.
    It was a good choice as the meat was a lot more tender. Perhaps because they added olive oil and herbs(not a lot but just a good balance which was fine with me as I need to watch what I eat). Anyhow I do highly recommend it, especially with the price. That said, if my product review would've been better in that thread I understand. But I wanted to post it here because it was the same price as the regular one and who doesn't like to spoil themselves especially if you're watching every penny.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@flemeth my son was able to book in Mississauga and we live in Oakville so they can cross borders, the last one was in Burlington so same region as Oakville. He says the key is have multiple tabs for multiple locations, he has 6 places he looks. He has not yet rebooks as the system was overwhelmed last week. He will try this week to see what he can find. The same son made a lovely prime rib for Easter dinner. I do appreciate his love of cooking. I have a surprisingly light day at work so its been a day of catch up and clean up, hence being here midday.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We spent 1.5hrs at the park this morning. It was cool and windy, but my plan worked and we were the only ones at the park. We collected about $2.50 worth of items for SARCAN. I’ve collected a garbage bag full over the last 2wks. I’ve found a surprising amount of 4L milk jugs at that park.

Last night I made meal plans for almost 2wks.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @flemeth my son was able to book in Mississauga and we live in Oakville so they can cross borders, the last one was in Burlington so same region as Oakville. He says the key is have multiple tabs for multiple locations, he has 6 places he looks. He has not yet rebooks as the system was overwhelmed last week. He will try this week to see what he can find. The same son made a lovely prime rib for Easter dinner. I do appreciate his love of cooking. I have a surprisingly light day at work so its been a day of catch up and clean up, hence being here midday.
    Thank you @Lilo0003 my DD has been trying to get one hopefully she gets one soon
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I was tired after this afternoon grocery shopping trip and lazy lol so the ham dinner will wait tomorrow.Dad had smoke meat sandwichs,and I had the leftover piece of cooked with maple sirup small piece,2 hards boiled eggs,3 slices of swiss cheese and french baguette with cranberry chicken spread...maybe pineapple cake later ,so wednesday we will have spagetti because I really need to use the pepers and after the pork tenderlion
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!! I dont know why but today I am just tired and slow motion... But I did manage to get my grocery. Very happy about that!!! And the only meat I bought this week was johnsonville breakfest sausages for dad witch i pm at gt....but out of luck I did not have the 2 x 2$ coupons...that suck
    And a very good chunk of money went into the grocery ..adding things add up...but the pantry is well stocked now.I was not really expected this total altrought i used 10$ in coupons ,pm a bunch of items and used 20$ in pc points....
    The +++
    I found a toaster at 20$ black decker because the pc 25$ was not there on the shelve...so free with my points
    Found some dishclothes(4) but they where a bit expensive
    The cashier forget to ring 1 muffins pan (I purchased 2 was tired to not having some and i dont like the dollorama silicon one and the aluminium one are 1 time use ) so 5,48$ in my pocket***disclaimer : I only noticed when I reviewed my receipt at home and it was too late to return ***
    The ---
    I did not found the general mills booklets I wanted because they where cleared
    For getting the pc points they dont round up so I just had 1200 points for my 2 quiches not 2400 points like I taught ..
    The iogo 0% and harvest are one per transaction so i could not get more than 2 yogurts tubs
    Really wanted and craving fresh raspberries and pmed iga but they where cleared and did not have some...same thing friday at iga...it is true that 3 for 6$ is a really good deal
    Will post a brag this evening.
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Apr 5th, 2021 at 10:22 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forgot to say when I was checking in the aisles for the toaster,muffins pans and dishclothes that I saw a lovely 3 pieces(1 table and 2 chairs) patio set in metal I think? for 120$....the outside chairs need to be put into trash and changed but I am not willing to pay 120$ so I will look on fb sales group or second hand before making my mind into this one...Wish i had pc points accumulated for that...
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Apr 5th, 2021 at 08:22 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m going Sobeys shopping before Dh heads to work in the morning. It’s 10% off Tuesday, I have my coupons lined up, and a few rain checks to redeem. I usually go in the evening after work, when I have time. I like the evening supervisor, I am not certain which employees will be working in the morning. I did morning shopping at the beginning of the pandemic and an older teller complained to me because she was the only one with a till open. She didn’t think I should be using the coupons when only one till is openI hope I won’t have a similar experience when I go tomorrow morning. Oh well, it’s safer for my family.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cath007 if you have a local buy nothing type face book group you should post there. I had two perfectly fine patio chairs just sitting in my garage and someone needed patio furniture so was happy to take them off my hands. I don’t mind giving it away as I have also received stuff from the group as well. I spent the weekend giving stuff away and it felt great to have it go to people that wanted it.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Tue, Apr 6th, 2021 at 01:24 AM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 last time I went to our No Frills in the morning there was only one cashier on which surprised me as I know so many people who go first thing in the morning. But with that being said the Cashier was moving from till to till to till to keep the check-out process moving quickly. I did not have any coupons but had some Price Matches and nothing was said, she just rang me through and moved to the next till to server the customer behind me.

At our local No Frills their current rules are the belt is cleaned you put your groceries up, when all groceries have been scanned the belt needs to be cleaned again. Then your groceries are on the end belt for you to pack, once you have packed your groceries that belt needs to be cleaned before the next person can check out.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@SassyAshley our NF hasn’t been cleaning their belts when it is busy at all. Yes, I routinely see cashiers jumping between tills to keep the line moving. Sobeys in my community cleans the belt between every customer, regardless of how busy they might be.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another nice sunny day. Will get on the yard work after I am finished work today.

I took out BLSL chicken and porkchops from the freezer this morning. That will be dinner with fresh asparagus, salad and maybe oven fries to make it easy.

For my lunch today I brought everything needed to make a toasted bacon sandwich (the tomato I bought was garbage ) I also have sliced up cucumbers and 2 clementines for my snack.

Laundry will be started tonight. I have a pretty good system going and rarely use the dryer.

Have a great day everyone!
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Cathy . I am worried about you. If you are tired after grocery shopping something must be wrong. Please take care of yourself!
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @SassyAshley our NF hasn’t been cleaning their belts when it is busy at all. Yes, I routinely see cashiers jumping between tills to keep the line moving. Sobeys in my community cleans the belt between every customer, regardless of how busy they might be.
    Yeah they yell at you when you put your stuff on the belt too early and then when you don't because you are waiting for them to clean it and don't they look at you crazy as to why you didn't load your groceries. Can't win!
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information