User Tag List

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Feel like some comfort food this cold damp day. Have 4 hamburger buns left so put 4 patties in the oven, And trying out onion rings in the air fryer. Will make a salad too.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got good mail yesterday and today.
    1x FPC Lays, exp Dec 2022 (contest win)
    $4 Chapman’s coupon - exp Dec 2022 (coupon request)
    Sample source (5 FPC, 3 bogos, some coupons, nice samples)
    FPC medium pizza coupon (radio contest win)

It’ll be hard to relax on my weekend. So much school stuff to get done. Dh is driving to another community to get his vaccine, so he won’t be around for a chunk of the weekend. We’ve had a standing deal for years. If you’re tired or not feeling well, pull over and take a nap.

Covid cases in my community continue to rise. It has now been confirmed and publicly announced that there are Covid variants of concern in our community. I’m still hoping that out schools stay online.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Apr 15th, 2021 at 11:36 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Tidying the kitchen. Will put away the clean clothes in laundry room.
    DS has stuff to move to the garage for sale. Tidy the dining room.

It's damp and wet out. Hoping the sun appears so I can rake a bit. I picked up a pack of leaf bags at No Frills for $2.50 for a 5 pk. I hate to pay for them but gave in to just get it all done. (I use recycling bins usually but they are full now)

Cheers to a frugal but fun weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Apr 16th, 2021 at 10:30 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Up early to put the garbage out ,cleaning toilets today -lol
    Doing the laundry - sheets .

Started to watch a series on netflick with hubby "the serpent" watched one episode -pretty interesting so far .

I think supper tonight may be breakfast for supper .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    This week is kicking my behind, I am feeling super tired and worn down and this weather is not helping. I could really use some sunshine to perk me up LOL.

I will need to do some shopping this week for some fresh stuff but sadly I am not seeing a lot in the sales this week. I am also noticing the sale prices are items are going up and there appears to be a new normal starting. I keep hoping I will see the old prices again but I fear they are long gone.

I watched 7 Yards on Netflix the other day, although it is very tragic what happened to this young man but to see how he faces all struggles them and overcomes them is quite amazing. Although sad it is an amazing story to watch.

Looks like Ford will announce further restrictions this afternoon. Mixed feelings.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and staying safe.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I took today as a vacation day. When I requested it I hoped to spend the day with my mom and younger son. He has not seen her since August. Of course Covid had other plans. So I went to Costco and then Starbucks for my birthday freebie. Then I will do some yard works and we are ordering dinner tonight. If you go to Costco watch the dates on the fresh product. I wanted a chicken pot pie and they were baked on the 11th with a best before the 18th. It’s obvious stuff is not selling as quickly.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Do you mind saying which bank you use?

My accounts at CIBC and Nova Scotia were recently forced to change to paperless because both banks no longer offer bankbook services. Neither bank will accept or update our current books and left us with no choice. I prefer the hard-copy to the flimsy heat-printed receipts (that fade over time.)
    CIBC> branch left a message about some kind of account changes and to call in to discuss. And I put off going to the bank yesterday. Thanks for tipping me off. CIBC last year did give counter statements in lieu of bankbook updates from mid-March to mid-June in 2020. So no counter statement printing either? Must be a cost-saving measure as well as new COVID-19 protocol. Must find out!
    TD only gave friend balance update at counter and no bankbook updates. Then when summer came around, everyone who had a bankbook was put on monthly statement mailouts (much gnashing of teeth).

The digital divide is not just people who don't have Internet or mobile/desktop devices-it also includes people who may be legally prohibited from using the Internet as part of their terms of sentence or probation. The more businesses go cashless or digital, the fewer options provided for alternate payments/information formats unless it's a pay as you go or someone acting as the intermediary to buy needed items. Banks--take note to keep banking accessible to all. In-branch print materials plus options to access if one cannot use online service--make them known.

Ontario is due for some likely more bad news this afternoon. Got to get ahead of it!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Second day of cold feels like winter (#spwinter) weather here in Southern Ontario! Big Yellow Bag does not give customers refunds anymore on bag returns but company will donate $5 to Foodbanks Canada for every returned bag to area located on its site. Sounds like a good deal to me.
    @Frugalbigmama Nice price on those yard bags! Rare to get that $2.50 deal-score!
    BTW, Shoppers has 2 for $7 PC Frozen Fruit deal this weekend (Limit 2-I assume the 2 bags), which is 50 cents above your $2.99 deal level. Thought to point it out in case you want it on the weekend.

Bay Days have landed at Hudson Bay. Some lovely cool tops in the Canadian Olympic Collection-some items are 25% off during Bay Days. Some Jockey Women underwear was on clearance yesterday (did not check today) so I guess chain is reducing its variety of Jockey styles. Happened to see two camisoles by Jockey in the coveted beige (mocha tones) but there were no mentions of a shelf bra. I don't need a slimming camisole-I need less pressure, not more!

Marks does not have any deals on 3pk of Jockey Women underwear.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Second day of cold feels like winter (#spwinter) weather here in Southern Ontario! Big Yellow Bag does not give customers refunds anymore on bag returns but company will donate $5 to Foodbanks Canada for every returned bag to area located on its site. Sounds like a good deal to me.
    @Frugalbigmama Nice price on those yard bags! Rare to get that $2.50 deal-score!
    BTW, Shoppers has 2 for $7 PC Frozen Fruit deal this weekend (Limit 2-I assume the 2 bags), which is 50 cents above your $2.99 deal level. Thought to point it out in case you want it on the weekend.

Bay Days have landed at Hudson Bay. Some lovely cool tops in the Canadian Olympic Collection-some items are 25% off during Bay Days. Some Jockey Women underwear was on clearance yesterday (did not check today) so I guess chain is reducing its variety of Jockey styles. Happened to see two camisoles by Jockey in the coveted beige (mocha tones) but there were no mentions of a shelf bra. I don't need a slimming camisole-I need less pressure, not more!

Marks does not have any deals on 3pk of Jockey Women underwear.
    Thanks! GT had the fruit on for $2.99 a week or two ago and FB has it on this week.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Many students in ds’ class have not done the assigned school work from this week. Some haven’t picked up their supplies from the school. So the teacher is making everyone join her daily for small group work. I wrote out what I know about my kids’ schedules for next week and picked the time slot that I thought would work best. Tuesday has 5 meetings throughout the day. I try to have 1/2hr between one meeting and the next, to help with their transitions. I still know nothing about their assignments or work, with the exception of ds’ research project.

Dh’s plans have changed. He got a vaccine appointment in town in 1wks’ time, so he will be home all weekend. Still have lots to do this weekend, but that’s nothing new.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Apr 16th, 2021 at 11:55 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I feel for everyone who is trying to juggle kids at home doing online schooling and also trying to work.

This week totally kicked my behind, feeling very tired and worn down. Thursday and Friday were off days for me, worn down, tired, lacking focusing. I got through work but nothing other than dinner around the house. So I have a lot that needs to get done and my daydreams of things slowing down a little bit have been dashed as HR emailed me, 2 more new hires. I am happy we need the staff but I was hoping for a couple of weeks of a slightly slower pace, oh well.

I need to organize everything I need to get done, find some ambition and get it done.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.
    Skippy, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Out the door and back home before 8am. I’m done at Sobeys and fuelled up at NF, paid at the pumps. It was nice at Sobeys. I didn’t see a single customer at Sobeys.
    I used $11.99 in coupons
    Used $30 in AM
    Earned 26AM
    Submitted receipt for $1 CO51.
    Caddle is still causing me issues, but slightly different now. It won’t let me take a second picture to capture the entire receipt. If I try to capture the entire receipt in one picture it refuses to focus on the entire things. I tried submitting the receipt to Swagbucks, but I got this error message like I got last week. So annoying.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Apr 17th, 2021 at 10:52 AM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just watched the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh. A powerful and solemn ceremony
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Getting stuff done.

Finished watching Nurses, I originally watched this when it aired on Global but NBC starting showing it so I PVRd it and made my own little marathon. I only had a couple episodes left so I watched those as I woke up, had my tea, wrote my to-do-list and just got my morning going.

Dishwasher has been emptied and reloaded - Really needed to do this yesterday but yeah it did not happen
    Made Banana Muffins - had two for breakfast
    Hand Dishes are done

Now I am heating up Pizza for a quick lunch and then back into the kitchen to get a few more things done. I need to get some dressings made since we rarely buy dressings these days except Caesar, I love the Renee Caesar Dressing. My goal this summer is to totally up my Salad game but to do that I need dressings. I find dressing is like lettuce, if I have it in the fridge ready to go I will eat it but if we are making dinner and I need to make the dressing I skip the Salad.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - that is one of my goals as well... more homemade salad dressing.. or rathe epicure stuff. lol.

i had a dc interview on the front lawn this am for my sept spot. not sure . just not sure. might turn them down. any hoo.
    then worked outside for 3 hours. got alot done on the yard. it feels so good.
    Youngest is bringing home stuff from shoppers for me.. she works till 4. .. milk blah blah

natchos for supper tonight.. hmmm. lots of veggies please. yummy
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information