User Tag List

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went for a walk today 35 minutes-a good start .

Then i popped over to library for my 5 books (yes library is still open for book holds)You can only stand just inside the door and the librarian brings you your books and checks them out for you .So happy i still have books to read.

A little chill in the air today ,but cant complain .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy sunday all. i am going to have a quiet day i think. life is a tad much right now.

i do need to do laundry... been failing at that big time.
    i have a menu plan set for the week.
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@gisel dta no words of insight only comfort. I am normally a very resilient person and the weight of this is causing me to crack, I am sad, angry and lacking any motivation and I have no idea how we are to lift ourselves up when it’s so grim. Menu plan is done only because DH did it. It’s sunny today so the plan is steak on the bbq. Then maybe cut the grass in the backyard. It’s pretty long in places. And put up the clothes line. Yay.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon,
    I have to admit I am in about the same place. I totally thought I could handle this being a homebody but yeah, the last couple of weeks have been hard. It is hard when there is no end point, now hearing yes we are the third wave but it will only get worse before it gets better and now they are discussing a 4th wave, it is just never ending.

I slept in today, pretty sure it exactly what my body needed but now I am lacking motivation. Thinking today will be a bit of a blah day. Normally I would not have to Sundays in a row where I have a blah day but I feel like I have earned it. I am working on being okay with getting some of the things done and not all of the things and not feeling guilty.

I really need to do a meal plan for this week, I have no done one the last couple of weeks mainly because I was just feeling over it. I had planned to have take-out on Friday as I thought Mom would need to go pick-up her car, it is in for a recall repair but turns out one of the parts needed is on backorder and now they are saying at the earliest she will get car back the first week of May. Plan for today is to write a meal plan.

Dinner tonight will be a Roast Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Roasted Carrots.

Still need to make my homemade dressings.

**Hugs** to those who need them and hope everyone has a great day
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thank you everyone. i am trying to turn the day around. sigh.

i went to our local nursery.. it opens today. very small. it was me...and the person running it. i picked up my soil forthe front, and some pansies...
    filled the 2 pots at the side of the house.... and filled the front raised beds with soil. these i put veggies in.
    i feel good about that. laundry is going...
    i am making a nice dinner for supper.

stuffed chicken breast , with artachokes , roasted carrots and egg noodles
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Friday -what a day. Put myself into gear to return the garden soil bag (yes-I was able to fold/roll it up into my large PC shopping tote) and trek along the highway from bus stop. Noticed about $4+ of cans in ditch and wished I did not have a cane (Steep ditch angles!) so I could collect some *but no spare bag and time being of essence, got back to stop for next bus back*. Only treasures spotted were the last version of the PC Optimum card (white with red spots and that clear half-dot on left) and someone's Tim horton's card. No waving $ bills-worth a try.
    Managed to get to Meadowlands on my first fare transfer to shop at Sobeys for some light items, a few things for food bank and to apply $10 Air Miles redemption. No small shopping carts in store (all in use!) and I did not see the baskets so I decided to get 3 x99cent shopping bags as I had an AM bonus offer and now I had somewhere to put the grocery items while walking with the cane!

Used my last bus fare to get back home. I knew that the Ontario bad news was being realized in the afternoon (did not know it had been pushed back to 4pm) but one passenger on an earlier bus transfer was actually playing the Premier's meeting on his phone without earbuds so I knew the news was coming down. Nothing like feeling there are hours left to hit the stores before the world seems a tad more stifling. I don't relish the idea of lining up at a grocery store at 25% capacity to wait my turn to enter. I have to see if I can be an early bird or after this week, see if either family member with a car will get shopping done (or I'll do without).

Saturday night upside-Solicitor General is backtracking on the random stops bit of the stay at home order. Social media rants to the rescue! Streamed the Honeyland film on TVO.org last night-so moving and so much emotion at the hardships of the main character and her mother. I could actually understand some dialogue now and then in the original language.

Today is so gray. Had the thunderstorm about an hour ago but sky still looks that certain blue colour that means rain. Not having a good family day at all so I am striving to get the last of my online life cleaned up or loyalty program cards cancelled where possible. Plan is to be offline by next weekend and give my laptop and accessories to my excellent friend. Yes, I'm staring down the end-of-life scenario and I'm going to control what I can and just let everything else be.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Gocoupons.ca -new look/new registration requirement e-mail had landed in my Spam box this week. Funny, I was thinking to see if I could delete my account today, but it seems anyone registered on the old site has to do a new registration now. I'll pass because it'll save me the effort of trying to delete the account.

The chilly temperatures again-have me ready for tea (making a mug up in a few minutes) and thinking what to roast for veggies in the oven. At least the three daffodils that opened about a week ago are still standing. Most of the Siberian squill/scilla have died off and there's tall grass crowding all edges and spots. Spotted three parrot tulip bulbs looking a few days away from blooming (they are old bulb plantings) and a big crowd of the circa 2014 planted bulbs look ready to show off next week (everything is covered but bulbs are at the tops of stalks, seems earlier than last year).

Please watch the Big Hero 6 series (on Disney +) -episode with the Bunny Bus. It involves stickers and feelings (good ones, bad ones). Made me laugh and I love Baymax so much! I have to see about watching the other episodes (three seasons but I have not sifted through them yet).

Forgot to mention that the Robin Hood small bags of flour (2.5kg) had hang tags with those $1.50 coupons attached. Just a thought if you are shopping at Sobeys Extra in Ancaster. I only noticed as I passed the flour to get to the dried herbs section at the other end of the aisle.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Apr 18th, 2021 at 04:42 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So sorry to hear Ciel-I wish you peace on your journey. Hugs.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**HUGS** Ciel
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ceil -thoughts and virtual hugs are with you
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

@Ciel - Will miss your posts on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Skippy, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Ciel I will miss your post ((((HUGS))))
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Ciel May your journey be peaceful
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just sold 2 puzzles on kijiji $6.00 for both . I paid 5.99 each 3 weeks ago at canadian tire .I am happy to sell for less and not gouge people.

I cant believe the prices people are asking for used puzzles $15-20.00.Some of it is greed pure and simple .I did see a few puzzles i would like but dont wish to travel out of town for them ,so i will keep looking .

So far i have made $52 from all puzzles and a plastic storage tower on kijiji .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Ceil ... many many hugs.
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information