User Tag List

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Created a meal plan for the week, it is jammed packed with new recipes for us to try. I am hoping this will bring some excitement for dinner and some motivation.

This may sound funny but I have really been enjoying watching movies lately, new moves, movies I have seen but just watching a movie and not multitasking. This afternoon we watched Practical Magic.

I also found a few more recipes we can try from Pinterest. I am thinking about placing a Wal-Mart grocery order just to grab a few "extras" to have on hand depending how long this stay-at-home order lasts. I know we can grocery shop but I would prefer to limit how often we have to go out. Most items I am looking at are ones I have found either Slow Cooker or Air Fryer recipes I have found, I am trying to think ahead to summer when depending on the weather we may not be able to cook. My plan is to rely on our Slow Cooker, Air Fryer, Electric Skillet & BBQ (weather permitting) but mainly the Slow Cooker and Air Fryer.

I may also to No Frills to pick up some fresh stuff, we can use the fresh stuff now and put the frozen stuff in the freezer for later. Plus I did not see a lot of fresh stuff on sale that caught my attention.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel : I have no words for this post...you will miss me a lot...HUGS XXX
    Skippy, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel ...Dear @Ciel ...I just hope you will reconnect one more last time to see all the posts who proove you are loved and appreciated in here since many years my dear friend!!!! I am a member in this site since at least 10 years and you are always there to encourage us,give us advices,listening and start the montly thread. You are such a good positive vibe person ,you never talked so much about your cancer and I was not aware it was so severe.I am just hoping you will have decent funeral and be loved by yours familly and friends like we love you on here..God bless yours journeys and you soul.Take care and we will remember you,you made a difference on smart canucks life community.
    Skippy, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

for our precious @Ciel : from all the smart canucks members here!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Apr 18th, 2021 at 09:37 PM.
    Skippy, Natalka, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!! I was not in a mood to post this week sorry,Father,my aunt and my uncle will get their first shot of vaccine by tuesday.I have to wait longer to get mine because I am 36 years old.Dad purchased my cousine car..He will take possession in 1 week.He will be able to drive by tuesday.I dont know if I will continue to make the grocery with my aunt,..will see...Tomorrow i am planning on 6 things and that it.Fridge is still full.Milk,tomatoes,sausages,breakfest patatoes.mini quiches and maybe another thing
    So happy I washed my jeans and they fit so no hassle to return those ..as i pull off the price.
    Alright have a good night
    and hugs for those who need one !!!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My heart is very moved by all the sharing, caring (HUGS), posting, debating, laughing and crying done on this very forum. I can be me here. Wish I could promise you that I can thank you in my obituary---instead I will thank you all for everything we've done and been here on Smart Canucks. (for that longed-for SC Hawaii group trip)

As The Mandalorian says, "This is the way." Felt it appropriate to give you a bit of notice that I will have to go offline, so it's not a total surprise, rather than "ghost" the forum (and leave hearts and minds hurting).
    Skippy, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

BTW, music fans, Eurovision will take place in The Netherlands in around the third week of May. I noticed that Omni TV (Rogers) indicated it will air some of the programming. Good for those of you with cable tv or strong over the air tv signals. I remember that all the contestants had to enter new songs for 2021 as per the rules of the contest (the 2020 songs cannot be used). Twitter is your friend if you follow Eurovision TV or WiWiBlogs for updates. There's a Youtube channel but aside from music videos and daily updates, I don't know if the semi-finals or practices will be aired on it: https://www.youtube.com/user/eurovision
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and getting to it, it felt good although I seem to be lacking focus today. But I am going to push through and see how much I can get off my to-do-list for work.

I placed a grocery pick-up order it is mainly some frozen veggies, I love the Costco Broccoli, it is amazing and I only buy it on sale which makes it comparable to other stores pricing. With being said I like to grab the cheaper ($1.97/bag) for when I am making soups or putting it in the slow cooker. Also grabbing some brussel sprouts and green beans for some more variety. I have never tried frozen brussel sprout, normally we only buy the fresh ones but they are pricey and I have seen bloggers & vloggers use frozen in their Air Fryer so figured we would give it a go.

The big expense of this shop is we need a new smoke detector, the battery went in ours and long story short it ended up smashed so now we need a new one. Yeah, that one is what it is, it is on my grocery pick-up order.

I had a $20 off code (they missed me) so I used that. Only downside was I had to spend $75 but $30 of that was the smoke detector. To get the $75 I added some pantry items to have one sale, I keep checking Wal-Mart vs No Frills to see who had the cheaper price and it was split 50/50, so I added the items that were cheaper at Wal-Mart.

Spent a little more than I wanted to (but can we say smoke detector) but am happy with what I got but will still need to go to No Frills for some fresh stuff. Pantry items were 50/50 on who was cheaper but fresh produce No Frills was way cheaper. Also checked the frozen veggies, Wal-Mart won. It was quite the enlightening process.

I will also be stocking up on what I call some of summer essentials, various vinegars to make salad dressing and a few other condiments to make our own sauces. Although I had not planned to shop outside of some fresh stuff I am happy with my choices and hopefully we can limit our shopping until the numbers go down.

I am determined to get back on track this week and take better care of myself, I slipped the last two weeks but I got this, I can do this.

Nice sunny day here although calling for rain later. Have a great day everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day friends! What a heavy thread lately but often life is like that. However, it is encouraging to see everyone reaching out to one another! We all could certainly use more of that nowadays. @Ciel thank you for being a blessing to so many here on SC! for making a difference in your own way.I hope and pray that you may know an abundance of grace,peace,comfort,love and strength today and in the days ahead.
    For those having difficulties dealing with the Covid crisis. May I suggest taking life as you and I can often only do which is by the day/hour/minute whatever works best for you at a particular time. We will get through this together.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Did our income tax today and hung my one load out on the clothes line (the line is ready is a bit tipsy ,but being the frugal person i am- i am choosing not to spend 200 on a new one .I hang a few towels over my railings on my back veranda .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon!!! It feel so great walking out the grocery with just 1 bag of grocery and a reasonnable oop.!!!
    No deals this week except tomatoes at 0,78$ lbs and la fernandiere sausages 6 per packs @2,98$ ( bought 2 packages) we will have onen for dinner
    Gorgeous day today,went for a walk with father ,and put the garbages and recycle away in the bins!!!
    Have a good day!!!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Both of my 2 loads dried today outside -nice .

My son sent me a video of ashlyn -learning to ride her bike today (she is 7) and she was always a bit afraid .Now she is on her way .

My dear daughter has 2 friends in toronto that are eligible for the aztrazenica they are 40 this year and they already booked these shots .Of course my dear daughter will be 39 in august so she has to wait her turn ,but she is happy for her 2 friends .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I missed an email that my taxes were ready so I ran and picked them up today on my way to pick-up my groceries. My local Wal-Mart was out of the most of the veggies I wanted so I went to one about half an hour away.

I had one substitution, I had ordered 4 bags of broccoli pieces, they were out of stock so I got 7 bags of broccoli florets for the same price. Win for me, we prefer the florets but I went with the pieces because I was going to use them in the slow cooker. The price is right I will still use them in slow cooker.

I did not make it to No Frills, I am almost tempted to wait until the end of the week and see if next week's sales are better.

On the way home I grabbed Mary Brown's as a treat for dinner, it was a nice treat. I cannot remember the last time we had Take-Out and who knows when we will again. Covid has broken our Take-Out habit which I am loving but one night off from cooking was nice, but back on track tomorrow. Now that I have my grocery order I do not know what to make so many options LOL.

I have to admit it was nice to get out of the house even if it was just to grab groceries not even go in the store LOL.

I have some work to get done tonight which is why I went and grabbed my groceries when I did. What I am doing tonight I have to do after we closed. I am good with it, I took a break this afternoon, got my groceries so it all measures out. I need to remember working remotely I have some flexibility so when I need to work at night I can take breaks during the day.

Have a great night everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Hubby and i went for a walk today 35 minutes-a good start .

Then i popped over to library for my 5 books (yes library is still open for book holds)You can only stand just inside the door and the librarian brings you your books and checks them out for you .So happy i still have books to read.

A little chill in the air today ,but cant complain .
    @coupon girl the library has been a lifesaver for me. Are you reading anything interesting? I have been reading "wake up" by Piers Morgan. Interesting take on recent events from a British perspective.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Ciel we will miss your posts and your sense of humor. Wishing you the best in your difficult circumstances.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information