User Tag List

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta , I truly feel all weekends need to be 3 day weekends.

I am envious of people who say they spend the weekend resting and relaxing. No matter how hard I try I just cannot get everything done during the week so usually one day of the weekend is for Meal Prep (which I have not done this weekend) and one day is for all those tasks I did not get done during the week. I have a massive list that I just have to be honest is not getting done this weekend.

My plantar fasciitis is acting up and one heel is completely killing me, standing or walking is painful right now so that is totally going to slow me down. It was oddly painful yesterday and I do not know why I did not do anything to aggravate it and keep pushing through the pain to get things done, mix that with grocery shopping today and yeah so not happy today.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think if you protect your spare time by limiting work to 40 hrs per week and each person doing their fair share at home then weekends can be mostly relaxing-if one adult is home perhaps they do a greater share of the home stuff.

Currently DH works 22.5 hrs per week and I work 27 which together is more hrs than one of us working full time. We are both in our 60's. We split the chores and we can easily relax all weekend. Of course we do not have young children or both work full time-if that was the case weekends would be considerably busier. I think each of us works out what is best for us timewise depending on their season of life.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just had a nice visit with a neighbour (social distance outside of course).

This morning got groceries and i havent in 2 weeks ,spent over 100.00 so got a giftcard for next time $10.00 and i saved $12.25 in coupons and 2.20 from checkout51 and caddle and i got 82 airmiles.

Hung my clothing out to dry ,as its a bit breezy.

Supper today bbq hamburgers ,corn and salad and baked potatoes
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Apr 25th, 2021 at 02:04 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lizzie, for me I knew overtime was part of the deal with I took this position, our branches are opened 7 am to 5 pm. I am lucky that my boss knows how hard I am working and if I need to step away I can. Also I know how lucky and blessed we are to be in this position, so many industries are struggling or shut-down right now and we are booming and I see how blessed we are.

I am going to work on maintaining more normal hours even when I need to train new staff so my goal is 10 hours a day vs 14 hours, baby steps.

I went ahead and placed a Wal-Mart Grocery pickup order for tomorrow. Fingers cross, I did order some produce, I feel a bit weird about it but I really am trying to limit how often we go into stores so this was the best compromise. It is a weird mix of stuff but it will complete my summer pantry and hopefully set us up well for the next few weeks.

At first when Mom said she was not going to get her car back until May I was like no problem, we never leave the house but if she had her car I could get her to grab the grocery order tomorrow. Oh well, I booked it so I can drop my car off, pick up the car I am taking instead and then grab our order.

Sitting here watching Grease and editing my Grocery Haul video, when I filmed it this morning I was having serious issues putting together words so lots of editing. Luckily I have done this type of stuff for work before and have the program and knowledge to be able to do this. It is actually kind of fun, I love this type of stuff editing Photos and Videos.

Hoping for a better week this week and going into it with a positive attitude that this week will be better. Think I am going to look into a brace for my foot and see if that will help, right now it is so painful to walk or stand on it.

Have a great night everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Apr 25th, 2021 at 08:31 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

These are my meal plans for the week.

Sunday
    Perogies, smokies
    Pancakes, strawberries

Monday
    Lunch: toasted sausage sandwich w sliced apple OR pita
    Pork roast with onion and carrot, M&C

Tuesday
    Lunch: salad with toasted bagel
    Leftovers & fresh veggies

Wednesday
    Burgers, hash browns & California mix

Thursday
    Baked chicken breasts with salad

Friday
    Speghittini Alfredo with peas, mushrooms, diced ham
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Waiting for win from Shoppers. I will be getting my prize this week via FedEx, not sure exactly what I won but was told $400 worth 🙂

Went to costco with a list, bought one extra item and somehow it was $71.00, it felt weird just walking in, after months of lineups. Also priced out an Rx that was $10 less than Shoppers, so I had it filled. My friend had her Covid shot today.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

All the mentions of burgers has me craving Longo's sweet potato hamburger buns!

Day has been chilly and ideal for roasting potatoes (1 very long sweet potato and a few white potatoes going soft-I peeled all of them to make the result easier to look at) in the late morning. Also put on the first disc of A Year in Provence for some chuckles and for old times' sake. Somehow the images look very much like VHS tape video and despite new tv being on bright mode, I had to use the DVD's Video settings to brighten up the disc a tad more. The celery-apple juice was consumed by morning -the bottle is empty.

Three nights ago, I placed my folded afghan under my usual pillow and it gave almost a similar height of the doubled pillows but with a little less firmness. My neck was happy and I slept mostly well. Will keep using the afghan until the temps are too hot for it under the pillow, then I'll likely put the fake fur throw under the pillow instead (less scratchy than the afghan). I've also used my new scrub mitt and the 12" one is too long (it might suit someone with a thick forearm that is long and with a big hand). I'll cut it down and do an enclosed French seam (it will be a big seam) to contain the cut terry loops that fray.

Mom did a grocery shop yesterday mostly at Food Basics and claims to have purchased the watermelon from Fortinos. Let's say the melon is about 1/3 sweet and 2/3 water in taste. I was really disappointed but still sliced half of the melon and removed the rinds to have a Ziploc container of slices for when they are needed. That container is empty as of this afternoon. I'll hold off slicing the rest of the watermelon until we get those 20C days. Bro stuffed the freezer tonight with two large bags of frozen veggies (he has lots from earlier purchases that he did not use). I have told him this weekend he needs to consider moving in with a buddy of his, as my brother is not doing his share of pitching in and he does not turn off lights before he snoozes at night while reading a book. His logic is he is paying towards the electricity so he can do whatever.

While deleting several subscribed threads attached to my profile (I've left 3 pages), I realized how we've been without event news for more than a year unless it's online in some format. On Twitter, I came across news that there will be a virtual Doors Open Hamilton event this year! There was no event last year. Link here: https://www.doorsopenontario.on.ca/hamilton

You can see other sites across Ontario as part of Digital Doors Open: https://www.doorsopenontario.on.ca/e...tal-doors-open

There was recent news about the Rockton World's Fair going ahead for 2021-the ag society is trying to plan a revised format for this year.
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/communi...ent-this-year/

I don't know on what platform the Longines Athina Onassis Classic equestrian event will stream but it's scheduled for the last weekend of May, after being cancelled last year. Think everyone would like a glimpse of France in springtime!

Home Hardware flyer currently shows a 5pk of yard waste bags for $2.50. If you can get them online for curbside pickup, that is a deal!

I intend to put a trash tag (split into 2) on the garbage can I want gone (near my note on lid) for the second time to see if the crew member dumps it into the truck. I'll have lots of shredded paper and recycled paper to add to the recycling box for Tuesday.

Side note-on Kijiji Buy/Sell for Hamilton, there are a few cemetery spots up for sale for White Chapel Memorial Gardens. Two or three ads are two plots but one listing is for a single plot. In case someone in Hamilton is planning ahead, this might be a good opportunity to make firm plans.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is a new week, I am going into this week telling myself it will be a better week.

Still struggling with sleep, I could not fall asleep last night. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was 11:30, that made it very hard to get up this morning. Forced myself to get up at 6:30 and get the day started.

This afternoon I have to switch cars and get my grocery pick-up order. I also noticed in PC points that I have an offer for Cheap Eggs & Butter at SDM, as much as I am trying to only go to one store I think I may run into SDM. I cannot pass up Cheap Eggs & Butter. Especially since part of what I am picking up today will include some ingredients Mom needs to make herself a Quiche so that will use up I think 6 eggs. I will not eat Quiche, I am super picky about eggs but it will give her Breakfast for a few days.

I did some inner searching with myself last night and I think I have come up with a new plan just to try to get things back on track. As odd as it sounds I have been working from home (off and on) for over a year now but I still feel like I have not found my rhythm or routine yet. So I think I am going to try to be more structured this week and see how that goes for me.

I finished editing my video last but I decided I will add my Wal-Mart Haul to it and post it as one video. I am super excited about trying this little adventure and fingers crossed it goes well.

Nice bright sunny day here but a little on the chilly side but sunny days always help my mood.

Have a great day everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sunny but chilly day here today.

My week in the office so I plan on getting lots done. Organizing myself today and then ready to plow through it all.

My $75 Amazon splurge (Free gift card received) I have started my list. A few ideas are a magic bullet (ours is on its last legs) A beach cover-up and then look at the food items to hit the mark.

I had $30 in sales yesterday. Will repost my ads that are listed now later this afternoon to see if any porch pick ups can be arranged for when I get home from work tonight. Will wait till the weekend before posting more so I am home and able to arrange pick ups quickly.
    Happy with the cleaning I did in the garage. I have a huge pile of garbage and recycling that needs to go so once that is gone I will have more space to work with. Will start organizing and sorting the bins to post for sale this weekend.

Have a great frugal day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    It is a new week, I am going into this week telling myself it will be a better week.

Still struggling with sleep, I could not fall asleep last night. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was 11:30, that made it very hard to get up this morning. Forced myself to get up at 6:30 and get the day started.

This afternoon I have to switch cars and get my grocery pick-up order. I also noticed in PC points that I have an offer for Cheap Eggs & Butter at SDM, as much as I am trying to only go to one store I think I may run into SDM. I cannot pass up Cheap Eggs & Butter. Especially since part of what I am picking up today will include some ingredients Mom needs to make herself a Quiche so that will use up I think 6 eggs. I will not eat Quiche, I am super picky about eggs but it will give her Breakfast for a few days.

I did some inner searching with myself last night and I think I have come up with a new plan just to try to get things back on track. As odd as it sounds I have been working from home (off and on) for over a year now but I still feel like I have not found my rhythm or routine yet. So I think I am going to try to be more structured this week and see how that goes for me.

I finished editing my video last but I decided I will add my Wal-Mart Haul to it and post it as one video. I am super excited about trying this little adventure and fingers crossed it goes well.

Nice bright sunny day here but a little on the chilly side but sunny days always help my mood.

Have a great day everyone
    I think like most we didn't think WFH would last this long. I only set up a desk space less then 2 months ago (before that I just sat at the dining room table)
    I did toss tons of old office clothing the other day. I'm done with it lol

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

YES, I can totally admit when I left the office last March I thought by May, maybe June at the latest they would be calling us all back. We would be going into our busy season and they would want us all back in the office ramping up.

Even when they told me they were giving my desk to someone else I think deep in the back of my mind I was like okay, this is temporary, I am sure come 2021 we will all be coming back and everyone back to their old desks.

Now, I see this is life moving forward, our staff have settled into their new desks and although I look forward to the day I can drop into branches again my job is forever changed.

For me the struggle now is turning off work, part of my job I am kind of always behind, there will always be a new hire, a new position, a new training plan, a new manual, a new procedure and so on. The new challenge/goal for me is to be okay with getting some of the things done, being realistic with my time and saying can't do that this week and just turning off work even though it is right there all the time. When I was in the office I could make the choice to not take my laptop out on certain nights or pre Covid go out after work even if it was just grocery shopping it was something that was not work.

It is an adjustment and I think it is hard to admit that even after a year, I have not made that adjustment. But like you said it was the thought of this would not last this long, the old normal would come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I think like most we didn't think WFH would last this long. I only set up a desk space less then 2 months ago (before that I just sat at the dining room table)
    I did toss tons of old office clothing the other day. I'm done with it lol
    Giseledta likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I decided to post a few like new tops (price 2-4.00 each ) if i havent wore it or its a bit small time to go .Maybe i may have a few takers who knows.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Clothes are some of my best selling items.

But not sure if that is just my area as we only have one thrift store locally and they do not have the best reputation. A lot of people avoid them so that makes the closest Thrift Store over 30 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I decided to post a few like new tops (price 2-4.00 each ) if i havent wore it or its a bit small time to go .Maybe i may have a few takers who knows.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks sassy -i did sell one butterfly top last april for 2.00 -the top was unique thou as it looked like a butterfly .
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh what a day, it started off well, I set a routine for myself, work for 2 hours and then spend 15 minutes doing something around the house. It went well but I did not have training today, so we will see what happens tomorrow.

I needed to go drop my car off and grab a different car. Since I was coming in anyways they asked me to come in the branch and meet our new hires. I spent just over an hour there.

Then I get to get my Wal-Mart Grocery pick-up order, it looked like there was only two people bringing out the orders so I waited over half an hour. I will need to chat with them tomorrow as my Bill does not add up and I got 2 oranges I did not order. The produce is actually really nice, I am impressed but my Napa Cabbage is literally the size of my head it is massive and like 3 times what I need for my recipe so I will need to come up with some more Napa recipes.

Then to SDM, I could not pass up eggs for $1.74 or Butter for $2.49.

Then took Mom to the pharmacy to get her pills.

It was well after 5 by the time we go home and dinner ended up being homemade waffles.

Kind of feel like the afternoon got away from me. I was hoping to talk to my Dad today but he was on numerous calls. Oh well maybe when I pick my car up.

Thinking it is bedtime, I did not sleep well last night, hoping for a better night sleep tonight.

Have a great night everyone.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information