User Tag List

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am almost out of puzzles just a few left and i found one on kijiji about 10 minutes from my house for 5.00,so happy.It will be porch pickup.

Hubby and i walked today but only for 20 minutes ,it was a bit windy and we were not dressed right.Then i weeded a bit on the front lawn (darn dandelions )but only for a bit as i dont want to screw up my back again .
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Cool damp day here to start.

I had a $5 sale last night and a $2 sale this morning. It all ads up. I think I will putter in the garage tonight and post stuff for sale. Hopefully I get some sales lined up for porch pick up tomorrow and I can have DS put out as needed. He did so on the weekend a few times for me while I was out and it worked great. He went out to collect the money from under the mat after they left and put on my desk for me

This morning was garbage pick up so happy to have that out of the garage. Now I just need to get the recycling out next week. ( i missed it a few times so the pile is huge!)
    Think I will put empties in my vehicle tonight and then drop them off on my way home from work tomorrow night.

Dinner tonight. I have been craving homemade mac and cheese. So I may make that tonight depending how I feel when I get home. It really is quick to put together and then can clean the kitchen while it is in the oven. but I do want to putter in the garage so maybe something quick and easy instead. I will figure it out.

ok I better get rolling. Have a fantastic day everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My flashfood app had 50ml hand sanitizer for 10 cents. I'm picky about them (some smell so bad) but bought 5. Figure we can each have one for purse/backpack/car and an extra. Can't go wrong for 10 cents!

I'm done shopping for the week (we have tons of stuff in our fridge to use up and make great meals.) so I cleaned up the budget since payday is Friday.
    Moved forward some $ but plan on doing better this next budget period. Going to really try not to spend much on groceries and use up what we have. Should be easy as we have tons of fresh lettuce and veggies and still lots of clementines and 1 cantaloupe. I notice I have lots of beef roasts in the freezer so I will make one this week with green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy. I will take the roast out tonight and get it ready so DS can pop in the oven tomorrow. Will look at the freezer on the bottom of the fridge and plan meals from there the next few days to get it used up.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Apr 27th, 2021 at 09:45 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am trying to use up my meat before i buy new also today is 2 chicken breasts ,use up my few potatoes and the fresh corn last 2 i bought on sunday .
    Gonna try and post a few items here and there .Today i am off to get my cheaper puzzle kijij pickup.I noticed a lot of free stuff lately and it is so far away from me ,so not worth going .

Try to walk today also ,need to get that in as it feels good for the soul also .
    Skippy, JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day everyone! Hope today finds you all keeping safe,well and sane(in whatever order applies to your own situation!)
    I am starting to realise that no matter what time I come to this thread, the discussions about food always make me hungry! So rather than fight it,I went into my stash of Costco shortbread that I got at Christmas(so good that Santa gave me two cans! but sadly the stash is getting low). I highly recommend it as it's Walker's shortbread-the best imo.
    I agree with @coupongirl that walking is good for the soul. It also keeps me from seizing up and maintains my sanity. Even just for a few minutes makes the difference.
    Dinner is ham,scalloped potatoes and veggies. If one likes ham it's a good deal when it's on sale(much cheaper than the sealed packages and canned stuff). It's also something I don't mind having a few days in a row.
    Tomorrow is Covid shot day for me, after finally finishing off a whole bunch of appointments.
    Have a great day and even better week!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Good day everyone! Hope today finds you all keeping safe,well and sane(in whatever order applies to your own situation!)
    I am starting to realise that no matter what time I come to this thread, the discussions about food always make me hungry! So rather than fight it,I went into my stash of Costco shortbread that I got at Christmas(so good that Santa gave me two cans! but sadly the stash is getting low). I highly recommend it as it's Walker's shortbread-the best imo.
    I agree with @coupongirl that walking is good for the soul. It also keeps me from seizing up and maintains my sanity. Even just for a few minutes makes the difference.
    Dinner is ham,scalloped potatoes and veggies. If one likes ham it's a good deal when it's on sale(much cheaper than the sealed packages and canned stuff). It's also something I don't mind having a few days in a row.
    Tomorrow is Covid shot day for me, after finally finishing off a whole bunch of appointments.
    Have a great day and even better week!
    It's funny, I'm not a ham lover but I love a toasted Western! Yum!! Now I need to buy a ham!!
    Skippy, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I am trying to use up my meat before i buy new also today is 2 chicken breasts ,use up my few potatoes and the fresh corn last 2 i bought on sunday .
    Gonna try and post a few items here and there .Today i am off to get my cheaper puzzle kijij pickup.I noticed a lot of free stuff lately and it is so far away from me ,so not worth going .

Try to walk today also ,need to get that in as it feels good for the soul also .
    Yeah I hate when people post stuff in my area FB groups but they don't live in the area!! I was excited for something last month and then they gave me the address and it was almost an hour away. I passed but then decided I needed to get out for a drive and messaged back and he held them for me. Happy I went. (it was 4 clothing racks) I have used them for cleaning out our closets. I have one in the laundry room to hang clothes to dry on. And now I will use in the garage to sell stuff. Then I will sell them for more then I paid for them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My flashfood app had 50ml hand sanitizer for 10 cents. I'm picky about them (some smell so bad) but bought 5. Figure we can each have one for purse/backpack/car and an extra. Can't go wrong for 10 cents!
    Glad you got a great purchase.

Does anyone have problems using hand sanitizer? I am finding that it dries out the back of my fingers to the point that the skin splits open and has difficulty healing. Boy, that smarts.
    Skippy likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Picked up kijiji cheap find $5.00 for a cobblehill new puzzle .

I decided to sell some girls shoes from the bin my daughter-in-law has me take to once upon a child (since its not open),denim jacket 2 bathing suits -maybe people will buy as you cant buy kids clothing in stores -who knows .
    JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Feeling very anxious today so I am lacking focus.

Sleep, sleep is still a challenge, I sleep but I wake up so tired.

I got appointments for both Mom and I to get our vaccine, they finally opened up our local clinic to phase 2 but I could not get us an appointment at the same time and since we only have one car right now, I booked for a clinic about 30 minutes away but still in the same region.

Hopefully next week Mom will get her car back, normally it would not matter as we never leave the house but this week it would have come in handy to have 2 cars.

Really wishing I could get the anxiousness to go away. I feel like I cannot sit still which is a challenge when you are trying to work on a computer. I think part of it is my appointment tomorrow, I am not worried about the vaccine but I am worried because they say people are being turned away. I know I qualify but still worrisome for me, things like this really bug me for some reason. I think it because I am so by the rules follow all the rules and I like my comfort zone. I like to have everything laid out and I dislike the unknown.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Skippy, JadeAngel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy good for you and your mom -my dear daughter said if her age group opened up in toronto age 38 -she for sure would run and get it .She does not live in a hot zone area ,so she will have to wait .

So i posted a bunch of shoes and really cute clothing from the girls ,so we will see .
    I went on a walk by myself today without hubby 20 minutes -if i can do that every day that would be great .
    Skippy and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Coupon Girl it is so hard, about half of our family should have their vaccines by the end of the week but the other half do not qualify yet and not sure when they will.

I also think people being turned away is confusion on the requirements. In our region Phase 1 & 2 are open plus some Postal Codes are deemed hot spots and their requirements are different, this is where it can get confusing as I see headlines "Vaccine Appointments now Available for those 30+" but you have to read the article to see that is only in 3 Postal Codes. So if people are not reading the article.

I am sure your daughter had the same frustration I had where I could have gotten my shot over a month or so ago but I am not in a Hot Spot. It is hard to sit there waiting, or even when you can trying to get an appointment I have been trying for 2 weeks.
    JadeAngel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well that was an unexpected bill $385.00 to the dentist ,from hubby's 3 cavities back in march and my cleaning 2 weeks ago .We do have some coverage but not enough ,oh well on the visa it went over the phone so i dont have to go anywhere in this lockdown .

Just dusted and i dont feel like doing anything else except my puzzle .
    JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Very productive evening. Cleaned out the fridge cut up a cantaloupe. Cooked chicken. Cooked pasta. Cooked up an open package of bacon in the air fryer. Made up my lunch for tomorrow dear son has three containers of pasta in the fridge and the kitchen is now clean. Now I'm just out for a walk to the mailbox

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is Wednesday once we get through today, the week is half over.

My anxiety was unreal yesterday, I could not focus, I felt like I could not sit still, it was a trying day. Hoping today will be better.

Not much got done yesterday, I got what I could done for work but after hours our IT guy worked on my computer so I had no access for almost 3 hours (did not realize it was going to take that long).

Grey day here but not raining yet, let's hope it hold off for a bit.

Have a great day everyone.
    Skippy and coupon girl like this.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information