User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By GoodBoy
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Tangerine Bank-1.5% Promo Interest Rate-ends May/August 2021

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Anybody have a better deal? Just add to this thread. Please!

Tangerine Bank is offering customers 1.5% bonus interest on savings accounts, TFSA savings accounts and RRSP savings accounts. Ends May 2021 for some. Ours ends August 2021.
    YMMV
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

EQ Bank has been at 1.5% for their savings accounts since last fall. They reduced it at that time. They tend to be one of the higher interest rate online banks and no playing around with bonuses for a few months. The highest I had with EQ Bank was a year ago before COVID-19 hit and it was I think 2.35% or 2.5% for their savings account. They also offer currently 2.3% on their TFSA and RRSP accounts. Just a comparison.

I just checked at https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/p...-rate-history/ and they were at 2.45% spring last year
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Fri, Apr 9th, 2021 at 10:06 AM.
    Shwa Girl and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    EQ Bank has been at 1.5% for their savings accounts since last fall. They reduced it at that time. They tend to be one of the higher interest rate online banks and no playing around with bonuses for a few months. The highest I had with EQ Bank was a year ago before COVID-19 hit and it was I think 2.35% or 2.5% for their savings account. They also offer currently 2.3% on their TFSA and RRSP accounts. Just a comparison.

I just checked at https://www.highinterestsavings.ca/p...-rate-history/ and they were at 2.45% spring last year
    Thanks for the website.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tangerine still has the +2% promo for a another month.

• Become a new Client online by April 30, 2021 using the promo code EARNMORE
    • Open your first eligible Savings Account and Chequing Account within 30 days, and you’ll earn 2.10% interest in your Savings Account for 5 months.
    EQ Bank has good rates, but be aware that there are limits to the amount of money a depositor can hold. A single depositor can only have $200K in their account. Joint accounts allow more.

I am currently a customer of EQ, but am thoroughly unimpressed with their system. Their computer system is glitchy and buggy. I fear that if they cannot solve simple administrative problems, what would happen if they were actually hacked and my money put at risk?

WealthOne is also offering 1.5% for savings.
    https://www.wealthonebankofcanada.co...vices/Savings/
    Last edited by HermanH; Fri, Apr 9th, 2021 at 11:22 PM.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Thread Information