User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just a heads up that the watermelon that I bought yesterday at RCSS (PM Food Basics $2.97) is amazing! Will be buying a few more to eat up over the next 2 weeks. Thinking we may need at least 3 more! My kid loves it and I always tell him I will make sure he will get his fill when it is on sale and good!
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went for a 15 min walk around my neighbourhood.

While cleaning DS's room I claimed his Samsung Gear fitness tracker (He was to give it to me long ago when he changed to Iphone) He is going to activate it and hook it all up to my phone once it is done charging. I have wanted one forever (I should have bought one for myself when I bought his for Christmas on a black Friday deal Reg $250 something and I paid $83 tax included!) So happy I waited and now it's finally mine lol

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Decided I would tackle the bedding today, it is something I can do well I am working as I do not need to babysit it. I need to move more tasks like this to during the week since I am working from home. This will help to free up some of my weekend so I do not work all week and then work on the house all weekend.

I also decided since I was doing bedding I would also wash the couch blankets. I am weird but it is some sort of security thing, even when it is warm out, I wrap up in a blanket on the couch so mine stay out year round.

Then since the blankets were off the couch I decided to go ahead and vacuum the couch. We only have a small stick vacuum but it is impressive how much it cleaned up. Then I vacuumed beside the couch, there is little space that has a light and a power bar will all sorts of wires, it is hardwood flooring but so hard to in there with a broom, so I took the vacuum to it. Our vacuum has a detachable handle and beater brush and can also be used as a hand held unit which is why I bought it. It is not perfect but way better.

As well, I have half of my work to-do-list done so feeling right on track as we head into lunch time.
    barbis9, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy friday alll!

today is childcare providers day.
    my butterfly larve came in . the box says what it was..... the delivery person was on the lawn and yelled... way cool package. ! lol. i totally agree.
    my kids are going to love watching them grow. it takes about 4- 5 weeks from the time we got them .

i am hoping to get a few things done this weekend... and maybe bbq. that would be nice.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Could have slept in, it is Saturday but nope wide awake at 6 am.

Spent some time talking to my family on the family group chat. Bro had a Home Depot order that did not go well, he went to pick it up and was told it was be over an hour for someone to bring it out. Then we discussed articles are being posted that the Stay-At-Home order will be extended until June 2nd, cannot say it surprises me. Our numbers really are not going down, we had 2 days this week in the 2000s but then back up into the 3000s.

I am still going to plan a Costco shop for this week, I could wait, we do no need to go right now but I would prefer to go before Non-Essentials reopen as I think Costco is going to be a zoo once Non-Essentials reopen.

Not sure what my plan is for today yet. I got some computer stuff to get done so I might get that out the way well I drink my tea and go from there.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sassy- totally agreee with you. costco will be nuts when non essiencials open up

i went to 2 spots today. SDM.. and Local garden center.... both insane. anxsity. omg

i need to mow the lawn... move mulch, work on the garden beds. work on the planters... sigh. full garden day.

driveway is being sealed today.

all in all should be productive.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby cut back lawn today ,i sat in the sun reading my book til about 1.30 then it got cloudy and light rain and cooler .

I went to shoppers and got my milk today with a few other items ,before the rush at 8.00 a.m in and out .

Supper tonight will be swiss chalet (a mother's day treat to me and hubby) i will order online and we will pick up i want to be frugal and not pay delivery .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok. I’ll try to keep this short.

I got my vaccine on Wednesday, my arm was very sore for the next two days but it felt significantly better by lunch time on Friday. My arm is still tender today, but no other effects.

My kids’ school went to online learning for the 2wks after Easter break. There was a Covid out real amongst staff/students, so the online learning was extended for another week. We did not feel comfortable sending our children to physical school this week, 3 schools in town had Covid cases on their first week back after online learning. I was contacted after school yesterday. There was a student in our twins’ class who was Covid positive at school (rest of the class was in person 2 days this week), so all of those Kindergarten students who attended school this week now have to self isolate for 2wks, teacher and EA too. That’s a neat miss for our family. Very great full that Dh and I decided to keep our children home. Our twins will be online learning for the next two weeks. 2 schools in our community switched to online learning due to an April 30 outbreak. 61 new Covid cases between Wednesday and Friday of this week. We are at 3.6 active Covid cases per 1,000 people.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coupon girl - swiss chalet... hmmm. yummy!!!

Angela- you must be terified about the kids classes. glad your arm is well

ok. worked inthe back for a good couple of hours . it feels great to get it done.
    will spend some time inside doing housework . then manybe a movie with hubby tonight
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Giseledta We have been taking it one week at a time. We will be keeping ds home from school again this week. No formal online learning being offered by his school or teacher. I’m still keeping him busy with school work.

25 new Covid cases today. 4.2 Covid cases per 1,000 people in our little corner.

We’re at 194 active Covid cases per 100,000 in SK. Our province has a reopening plan that is built purely on % of population vaccinated. Nothing in the plan regarding number of active Covid cases.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, May 8th, 2021 at 08:24 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Busy day, we decided to tackle our bookshelves. In our living room there is an L shaped wall we lined when bookshelves when we moved in. They have always been full of cookbooks but with the internet and pinterest we just do not use them anymore so we are clearing them off and turning them into storage space.

Mom has spent most of the afternoon asking "does this cookbook bring me joy" and more times than not the answer is no. Now I need to find a place to store all of these cookbooks until we can donate them somewhere. No where in ou area is accepting donations.

Soon I should have a shelf on the bookshelves I can use for my work stuff that right now lives on the end of the couch for when I need it.

Since everything was torn apart and all over the place we decided to treat ourselves to take-out pizza for dinner. It was nice for a change but we will continue to fill our future pizza cravings with homemade pizza.

Before we started working on the bookshelves I found some recipes to use up some of the stuff we have in the fridge I want to use up before our next shopping trip. I found a Chinese Chicken Salad I can use the Napa to make and that will be lunches this week.

Need to find somewhere to store all the cookbooks that did not bring joy, they were currently on our stairs waiting for me to find them a home. I am crashing hard but have to get this done before bed.

Have a great night everyone.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

No shopping today but I drove by a few garden centres and yikes they were nuts. We went to my in laws again because DH and his dad needed to do some power of attorney stuff, I took advantage of being 20 minutes to my mom so stopped in to drop off flowers and a card. We are both over 2 weeks post our 1st shot but kept our masks on the whole time. It was so nice to see her. She had some baking for us and my in-laws as well she made a lovely wreath to decorate their door so then I went and did some more unpacking. I was momentarily my mother in law’s favourite as I tracked down a few of the pieces she loves so they are out of boxes and were she can enjoy them. Older son is making dinner for Mother’s Day as I am always disappointed with take out so he has given me his list and I will do groceries in the morning.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -happy mother's day to all of us mom's on here .Hope you all have an enjoyable one .

lilo-yes the gardens centres were packed (as one was beside swiss chalet last night when we went to pickup our dinner we celebrated early)so glad i got my potting dirt and 2 tomato plants last wednesday at fortinos .

Just a relaxed day here ,trying to finish a camping scene puzzle and laundry is on the agenda today .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, May 9th, 2021 at 07:59 AM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers here and remembering those mothers no longer with us.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Mother's Days to all the Moms.

Woke up with a bit of a headache, hopefully as I get my day going it will subside.

Mom didn't not have much of a reaction when I said Prime Rib for dinner so instead I will just cook a regular Roast Beef dinner with Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Baby Carrots and Gravy.

I found a Chinese Chicken Salad that uses Napa Cabbage, I think I will make this for my lunches for the next few days to use up the Napa Cabbage.

There is still a lot of cleaning to be done plus I need do some Meal Prep, lots to get done, just waiting to this headache to ease up a little bit.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information