User Tag List

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ironically, I got a headache yesterday as well, it came on right when the weather was changing.

Smart idea to call Sobey's re the corn, then you can go in on your schedule to get the replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    sassy -hubby and i had a headache yesterday too .I thought maybe because i didnt wear a hat but it is just soo hot out -no gardening for me til 6.00 p.m .

I did do a load and hung to dry .

Just sitting on my deck with a fruit tray i made up and raw carrots .I did call sobeys as i am not happy with their single corn (they were old and harder to chew),she said she will replace next time i am in .
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Grrrr, I really dislike chaos in the morning. We got a notification they are doing work in our neighbourhood and we needed to move all cars out by 10 am, no problem. Just after 7 am I hear a bunch of noise and they are yelling they showed up early to do the work and everyone needs to move their cars out now. At this point I am on a work call I have to finish. It really is no big deal but just kind of threw things off and now I feel like I am playing catch up and trying to get all things done before my morning meetings.

I think I will make a Slow Cooker meal for dinner tonight, I am thinking Mongolian Beef. I already have the Rice cooked, I made extra the other night knowing I wanted to make this meal. Thinking I might serve some broccoli on the side.

I have to be honest, I am super happy this week is almost over, I am feeling very tired and fingers crossed I do not have to work this weekend.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Was raining a bit. But the radio guy said hot days ahead.

DS cut the grass yesterday and cut down the vine from last year along the fence. Looks so good now!

My sister asked to join us for our Niagara Falls trip so I booked the same deal for them. Already bought a Groupon deal for the trip. Something to look forward to. I needed this.

off to check out my new PC pt offers!
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! DH gets his vaccine today and we're both so happy. Now we are going to limit shopping etc because we have his sister coming in a couple of weeks and then hopefully our daughter late in June (once she's vaxed and permitted to visit).
    Busy day ahead today doing more planting of peas/beans and tomatoes we grew indoors. We're loving small space and container gardening trying a bit of each type of vegetables. The bok choy and tat soi I planted on the weekend is already coming up. I also have some bananas that would make some tasty banana/walnut muffins. I found a large bag of flour in my cupboard that is BB the end of May so I have lots of baking ahead.
    Not sure what we're having meal wise today but it may involve homemade hash browns with corned beef for a brunch.
    Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I got the $1.79 eggs and $1.49 Wonder Bread offer again on the same card as last week. Eggs are on at FB this week for $1.99 but I guess .20 cents is 20 cents! And SDM pts.

The 20x the points offer for SDM for tomorrow on each card is terrible. Spend $90 on one and $80 on the other. Never!! I don't need anything other then the eggs and bread anyway but they sure aren't even giving me the option to look around and see if I could spend more $.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, May 20th, 2021 at 10:19 AM.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning i was up at 6.00 a.m and out in the backyard by 8.15 a.m finished digging the grass and weeds inbetween my small river rocks,took and hour .So happy i got it done as now its too hot .

Hubby took car in as it was starting to make a loud sound the last 2 weeks ,it is ball bearing so $360 or something to that effect ,it will be done in a few hours .

Crafter i am glad i called sobeys even thou it was only $2.31 for the 3 corn ,i still believe i dont wish to waste my hard earned money on crappy fruit or veggies .Even the small whole mini watermelon i bought last week was tasteless from shoppers but i will use that in smoothies (i find watermelon sometimes hit or miss with taste.)

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Dinner is in the slow cooker, yippee, easy dinner tonight. Just have to pick a veggie to make on the side.

I was going to run out and grab a few things from the store today but I do not feel like going out today. It was not any must haves just a few odds and ends we can work around.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am really working on not grocery shopping this week. we really have everything.. might need bread... might not.. i will see ..
    part of it wll be the weather. with it being so hot .. we tend to lean to sandwiches or wraps. ....
    lilo0003, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Given the hassle it has been to order the supplies for the deck I should not be surprised that we won’t be building a deck this weekend because they realized the product was not what we ordered a d they have o timeline for delivery. Younger son was vaccinated today. The plus of living two minutes to Peel Region. I can’t even watch the news because I am so fed up with the current state of the province.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta we are the same a lot of sandwiches and wraps happening right now. Totally thought I over bought on bread products on my last shopping trip but now see I will probably need to pick up more in a couple weeks.

@lilo0003 congrats on your younger DS getting his vaccine, I know you have been waiting for him to eligible.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I really wanted to take today off and make it a 4-day weekend but I need to train a staff member and it has to be done on a Friday so I did not take today off. I am slightly laughing as it now looks like we may have to cancel his training today. All you can do is laugh and move on.

Mom is getting a little cranky as she still does not have her car back yet. She has another curbside order to pick up and originally I said I would take her yesterday but I was not feeling well yesterday so I did not want to go. I am not sure what it is up this week, I do not feel sick but I feel very off, I had a headache one night another night my stomach had weird pains, again never felt sick just felt off. So I was not interested in going out yesterday.

Today, I am feeling a bit better, was up at 5 am to start to my work day, I won't say I wasn't tired but I wasn't exhausted and decided it was best to get going and knock this day out. I am always at my best when I get up early, morning is my most productive time.

No ideas for dinner tonight yet. I made Mongolian Beef in the slow cooker last night, I really need to cook more in my slow cooker it is so nice that when dinner times rolls around Dinner is ready to go. I found the recipe to be a bit sweet for our tastes, I will take it again but will cut the sugar back. Also the recipe said 4 to 5 hours on low or 2 to 3 on high. I cooked it on high and found at 2 hours it was starting to burn to the side but the meat needed more time so I gave it a stir and switched it to low.

Happy Friday Everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I popped into GT on my way home from work yesterday to get buns since I figured DS would be bbqing all weekend.
    The big packs of Lean beef Reg $10 on for $5.37. 2 of them had $4 off coupons. Into the freezer they went for future taco nights

A town a 15 min drive away is along a popular walking/biking/etc trail from our town. DS and his friend long boarded there yesterday afternoon in the heat. At least he was smart and took a back pack with 2 bottles of water and 3 bananas lol. I'm happy he is getting out and enjoying the fresh air. Today he will be swimming for sure. My car was at 26 when I got in it before 9am this morning!

I had 2 pick ups yesterday. $5 etransfer and $3 cash. A $5 pick up scheduled for today. I think I will putter in the garage tonight and post stuff for sale.

Have a wonderful and safe long weekend everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am really working on not grocery shopping this week. we really have everything.. might need bread... might not.. i will see ..
    part of it wll be the weather. with it being so hot .. we tend to lean to sandwiches or wraps. ....
    I watched a video the other day on 5 crockpot sandwich meals. I want to try them all (well accept the sausauge one ...gross lol)

My youngest DS loves sandwiches. I just got him a press (free) that he has been asking for.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, May 21st, 2021 at 09:30 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

it is friday. long week. for alot of reasons. i am very thankful for the weekend. i need to recharge .
    i have a work thing in the am . i am hoping it goes well. it should . i just get nervous. lol
    then i am working on my family room... we dont use it enough, and we should . i need to orgaise it better. its going to be hot, so working there will be nice.
    i am hoping sunday will be cooler, i will work outside in the gardens .. finish those up a bit...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I took a vacation day today. Finally have my snow tires off. I stopped at Costco to see what the garden centre line was like and it was not too bad and they had so much stock so I decided to brave it. Then spent the very hot afternoon getting my tomatoes and peppers planted. The gardens are looking good.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information