User Tag List

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Cooler start to the morning so I have the doors and windows open letting some fresh air in. It is supposed to get warmer later so we will probably close things up as the temp rises. Looks like tomorrow is supposed to be cooler.

So happy it is a long weekend, I need a long weekend, I am feeling a bit worn down and cannot wait to have 3 days off.

Not sure of my plan for today yet, I am going to enjoy my tea, watch some TV and then get my day started.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. Went to RCSS at 7am so as to avoid the crowd later it was a quick in and out . Did the beyond burger deal. Pam with Foodland for $4.99-$3.00 coupon making them $1.99 and RCSS has a flyer deal for every 2 packages get a Free pack of Ace Gourmet Buns. Also copy @Laurabelle deal on the Special K Nourish bars

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I love the quiet of the morning especially this time of year where the sun is coming up and the day is getting started. I just love that quiet time in the morning before the days gets started the noise starts and it is just you and birds (we seem to have a lot of vocal birds around us this year).

I know there are things to be done, things I need to get done but at the same time, I wanted a chill morning. I took some time to get organized. I think I have my meal plan done but might tweak it, I have some new meals on it but I do not know, I am feeling a little scattered right now and just want to cook it all. I also did my Home To-Do-List, I know there is more to add but I have a good start and it is a running list, I add to it as the week goes on. So far not much planned as far as meal prep, that might change we will see. I also although I am not working this weekend, did write my work to-do-list mainly just to get it on paper and out of my brain so I can deal with it Tuesday.

Things are starting to warm up and the sun is coming in so I have started to close up the front of the house to keep the heat out.

I know I should really get up, get a few things done but part of me also just wants to chill on the couch all day and watch movies and veg out. We shall see what happens, maybe I will chill today and get stuff done tomorrow since it is supposed to be cooler.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

I was awake at 6am and out of the house before 8am. Treated myself to a $1 Mcdonalds coffee. Took a little drive around town to enjoy the quietness. Hit No frills, Walmart and SDM.
    Came home and boiled the last of the medium eggs (12). Cleaned out the fridge completely. Thawed a peameal roast and have it sliced and cooking in the oven for DS for sandwiches this weekend.
    Took BLSL chicken out of the freezer for the bbq for dinner.

I had the house to myself last night and it was wonderful. I sat at my laptop to do some personal stuff, organize my sinking funds I'm starting.I also counted my US cash on hand (I have it still from my trip to Jamaica. Hadn't put it back in my US account yet) Checked the expiry dates on our passports. All the little things I was thinking of and wanted to check off my mental list.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Someone messaged me this morning asking about a picture I had posted for sale. (posted weeks ago) She was coming to town at 430 so I put it on the porch. Came home to an envelope of money . And another big thing out of my house!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Totally cheated for dinner tonight, Mom got an email that our rewards were expiring with our local pizza, I checked online we had a free large pizza with 5 toppings so that was dinner. We also ordered some sides (wedges, poppers, maple knots) all and all cost us about $20 and did not have to cook.

I am having a total couch and chill type of day. This morning when I was trying to convince myself to get up and get some stuff I totally subconsciously put on The Sound of Music and took it as a sign that that need to be a movie and chill type of day. I have watched:
    Love and Basketball
    The Sound of Music
    What Women Want
    Poms (came up as a suggestion after What Women Want and Mom thought it looked funny, it was okay not as funny as the clip made it look)
    Now I am watching Enough

I spent some time on Pinterest re organizing my boards and coming up with new Dinner ideas. I have a list and kept changing this week's meal plan as I kept finding meals I wanted to make (kind of funny considering we ordered pizza LOL).

It was nice to have a couch and chill day, looks like tomorrow should be cooler so hopefully I can get all of the things done. I have 1 meal I want to prep and one meal I think I might go ahead and make so it is in the fridge and we just need to reheat it. I know it will be a busy week, as much as I love long weekends I know we pay them on the shortened weeks. It is 5 days of "issues" crammed into 4 days.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I really hope we get rain soon. The pollen is unlike anything I have every seen here. My car is so thick with it and my allergies are on overdrive. I accomplished nothing today but that’s ok. My mother in law was hospitalized last week and my father in law is lonely so when the government announced the rules around LTC were changing at midnight last night we decided to take the boys to see their grandfather. It’s been over a year since they hugged and at least 8 months since they last saw them so since FIL has had both shots I let the kids hug him with masks on and the younger son had to be double masked as he is only 3 days past his shot. Our older son is really close to his grandfather and I did not think he was going to let go, both kids have been very worried about their grandparents and since my FIL is 95 I relented on the visit because I had previously said we all needed to be 14 days post vaccination. We went for ice cream and then sat outside for a few hours just chatting. Which was lovely a d so Sunday will be a grocery and laundry day.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 so happy your family was able to see your FIL. Yes, allergies are unreal this year the pollen oh my.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, May 23rd, 2021 at 08:47 AM.
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Got up around 6 am this morning and it was bright and sunny. I opened all the windows and curtains to let some cooler air in. By 7:30 it was completely overcast and looks like it could rain at any moment. According to the weather there is no rain today but we will see.

Getting some computer stuff done this morning, personal stuff not work stuff although I do have one thing I need to do for work. I was going to be training someone else to take over this task on Friday but things happen, life happens and yeah next Friday it is.

I think I may do some meal prepping, there is a Salad I want to try this week, not sure Mom will eat it so might keep it in separate containers so I can make it as I want it. As well thinking I might make some homemade buns there is a recipe I want to make this week and I think a side of Homemade Buns will go well with this meal. We will see how the day goes.

Need to decide what will be for dinner tonight, I was thinking maybe pork chops but we will see not 100% sold on Pork Chops yet.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! I was awake today at 5am and left the house at 7am.
    Puttered in the garage and posted some things for sale.
    3 items sold already with 2 e-transfers and one on way with cash. $19 bucks for the travel account!

Popped out to RCSS and found Free from whole chickens on for $1.97 LB with 30% off stickers.
    Already prepped them for the freezer. I would have cooked one today but had the BLSL chicken that was suppose to be dinner last night to cook today. It's in the oven now.

Not sure my plan today. Kitchen and fridge is clean and has stuff ready to eat. The cooking chicken will be for chicken ceaser salad later today. Told DS I want to take him out driving today. I should post more stuff for sale.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, May 23rd, 2021 at 10:04 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahh lilo so nice the boys got to hug their grandfather

Just finished my puzzle and will post that for sale later ,just chillin today .Laundry and reading .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

4 items sold today for a total of $24. It all adds up.
    I have $145 cash in my envelope collected. I just took $55 from it for the dog's groom (and transferred $55 to my travel account) and it has built up again. Will post more things for sale late tomorrow with plans for pick up on Tuesday since I am working from home.

Made DS and I chicken ceaser wraps for lunch. He ate so many. that kid can eat!

Apparently the farmers market in town was open today. Will try and hit it next Sunday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ugh. It's only after 2pm. Went downtown and walked around a bit. Went into Valumart and bought the PC crackers that are on for $1 (DS likes them) and a Strawberry Rhubarb pie! I felt like something sweet and would rather this then a crappy donut. Will drop off a piece to my mom later today.
    I cut the front yard since the weeks are poking up. More steps for me. Had to get youngest to start mower for me because apparently I'm weak.
    It was getting warm in the house so I just opened all the windows and there is a nice breeze now. Heating up my pie for an afternoon treat and then will get some stuff done in the garage.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. most of the work i wanted to get done today is done. i need to water later. and finish the kitchen . i might play on pinterest for a bit and do some dc planning. might not .. not sure.

making bbq burgers tonight for supper.
    i need to flip the girls weighted blankets... washed them in the tub today... and popped them outside on the front deck to dry... dang they are heavy.
    a load of clothes is on the clothes line.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hey.. weird question... any fathers day crafts that your kids make for thier fathers for f athers day, that really wowed you......
    Angela273, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information