User Tag List

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my son made a gingerbread magnet for the fridge when he was 4 and i still have it .Yes 32 years and i still have it on my fridge ,it was a fathers day gift giseledta .

Woww when the stores open i need a few new sheets(singles or a set)as a flat just tore ,a few more towels ,glad i bought a nice set of face cloths at winners before lockdown so soft and fluffy .Oh and a few t-shirts for me .

Who converses with you and then asks for your address and then -no other comment on kijiji .That is just rude ,why cant someone just say sorry not interested .

Today someone asked about a blouse i am asking 2.00 i paid 5.00 and never wore it .I will see where this goes ,if it wasnt for selling my puzzles i dont think i would be bothered sometimes .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, May 24th, 2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    When the stores reopen I really need to get some new summer shirts, I made it through last year but some should have been replaced last year they are showing their age. I tried to order some online but according to online everything is sold out. I just want some basic tanks but do not want to pay an arm and leg for them.

Trying to get some things done, I did very little the last two days and it was wonderful but I also know being a short week it is going to be a busy one so need to do some meal prep to help this whole eating thing go smoothly. I have a Salad I will prep for lunches and see what I can get prepped ahead for dinner, even thinking I might cook a few things ahead so we just need to reheat.

Have a wonderful Monday of a long weekend everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

A lady i know did a closet purge , i just bought 3 tank tops off of her. the buy and sell sites near me are very busy with clothing rght now.

ok....
    today... lot of finishing up housework. and some dc planning i think.
    i may garden... i may not time will tell. lol
    Skippy, ROMEO, Angela273 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Giseldta I really can’t think of a certain Father’s Day gift that we have loved. Ones with rocks are cute, but they fall apart and take up a fair bit of room.

I could still use an extra day on this weekend. Keep working on stuff, but everything seems to be taking longer than I want. This brutal migraine makes everything harder. I’ve made the meal plan for the week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We recently found out that my MIL died from Covid. There was Covid in her assisted living facility, she wasn’t diagnosed with Covid due to her existing COPD symptoms. The facility staff weren’t checking on her as much as they were supposed to. She died alone in her sleep. Some of this info was not available to us until now.
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So sorry to hear that angela ,hugs for you .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So sorry to hear that Angela regarding your MIL *hugs*

Hope you feel better soon and your migraine clears up
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Veggie Meal Prep is done

Bread Machine is going with Potato Bun Dough to make into Buns to go with an Instant Pot dinner later in the week

Made two dips, one I will as a dip with veggies, the other I am going to use as a spread on wraps later in the week.

I was cold when I got up this morning so put on yoga pants and a long sleeve t-shirt, thinking I might need to change, starting to feel a little warm.

Still need to figure out tonight's dinner, I was thinking Zucchini Boats but will have to see what Mom thinks once she gets up. I am not sure but I think she might not be feeling her best, she is still bed and been up a few times to go to the bathroom which is not normal for her. So think I will wait until she is up see how she is feeling and if she is not feeling well we will let her tummy decide what we will have for dinner.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I finally tried on my bathing suits I bought for a killer deal before lockdown ( 2 x 2 pc for $15.44 total) Didn't like the way one top fit so decided to post it on Marketplace. Had it sold in 30 mins for $15!!(I would have been happy with $10 but thought I would try 15) So mine only cost me .44 cents

We went for a long walk to the waterfront last night. It was light out when we left but dark when we returned It totally helped me sleep last night

Made a big brunch and just finished the clean up. Eggs/toast/bacon and hashbrowns. Will have a coffee this afternoon and then eat dinner when the game starts at 7.

Enjoy the day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, May 24th, 2021 at 12:18 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good day, got a bunch of things done, I am happy.

Potato Buns are done

Instant Pot Pork Roast is done - That is one dinner that just needs to be reheated one night, quick easy dinner, love it.

I have Salad Prep done but I did not finish everything for the Salad I want to make. It has a lot of ingredients and it is going to need focus to put together or I will miss something.

Mom is feeling fine so I am making Lasagna Zucchini Boats for dinner tonight, this is my own creation. I make Lasagna Zucchini Roll Ups when we have Zucchini but it is very time consuming to make. So I am trying to come up with a quicker weeknight version I can make. I am trying to get more Vegetarian options especially since some items we used to use for vegetarian dishes we aren't buying as often like Portobellos as they have jumped in price.

I have been cleaning as I got so the kitchen is clean which always makes me happy.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear of your MIL Angela273 and for you being left in the dark with full details until now.
    Blessings to you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am making a lovely supper chicken beasts ,baked poatoes and corn plus i made a lemon pie.

I went to a walk in clinic today but not open .I have an infection around my finger that is not going away ,so i called a nurse hotline to explain and she said to get a nurse to call me back could take up to 3 and a half hours or a day .So i asked why -well everybody is calling us and jamming up the lines for a covid needle and it doesnt pertain to this line -ugggggg.

I will call my family doctor in the morning .See because of covid ,i put this off and i shouldnt have .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh no @Angela273 , your poor DH. That is not the kind of news any of us need to get regarding our loved ones final moments. He never even got to say goodbye to his Mom. My deepest sympathies to your family.

@coupon girl ...hey a lemon pie you say? Mmmm, ya can't go wrong there! ( ours is nearly all eaten up ).
    Hope you can get into your Dr. on Tuesday to get that infected finger tended to.

Both sides of our front pathway area are filled with flowers and yet DH is out again searching for more....he claims he " needs " portulaca's and a bit of what we used as a 2" border called pinks. I declined the ride-a-long this time...he gets lost in those nurseries and I end up going back and sitting in the vehicle.
    I know, that is awful but he would never spend hours browsing in a yarn store with me....so ?? ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We recently found out that my MIL died from Covid. There was Covid in her assisted living facility, she wasn’t diagnosed with Covid due to her existing COPD symptoms. The facility staff weren’t checking on her as much as they were supposed to. She died alone in her sleep. Some of this info was not available to us until now.
    So sorry to hear that regarding your MIL so sad . (((HUGS)))

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@walkonby , I totally sympathize with your DH. My garden & borders have been terribly neglected over the last 2 years & now that my time is my own, I'm clearing out the overgrowth & making plans. If you can find them, might I suggest alpine strawberries dotted randomly through the border? They're very pretty plants & the tiny fruits are crazy delicious. I won't be planting much probably until next year when (I hope) the local garden clubs have their annual plant sales again.
    I'm making myself stay away from yarn & fabric stores until I make a dent in that stockpile lol.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information