User Tag List

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and working away bright and early which makes me happy. I feel like I am self sabotashing a little bit right now. I am trying to get back to being my morning person but then when I wake up before my alarm I do not get up and just lay in bed thinking about how much I do not want to get up.

It is weird, I am loving working from home but I find I now lack that get up and go. I find even after a yearish (well less than a year I did spend 4+ months last year in branches) I still cannot find a routine of working from home. But at the same time if given the choice I would not want to go back to working in the office.

I think I still struggling with what I thought working at home would be mean and the reality of working at home. I felt like I would have so much more time in my life, I would not have the distractions of being in the office so I could get through my work faster which would give me more time to get stuff done at home. The reality is I am working longer hours and being at home it is so much easier to lose track of the day and before you realize it you started at 6 am and it is not 6 pm and oh yeah there is that dinner thing.

I have started taking 15 minute breaks every two hours when I can, obviously when I am training if we are still working I cannot take a break but this week I am going to take it one step further and set up alarms in my phone. Even though this is my plan and it helps so much I again find I get side tracked and miss taking those breaks. I never realized how much being in the office and seeing other people things helped me to keep a routine.

I took a break this morning and the Kitchen and Hallway floors are done.

It was so nice this morning it hard to believe it so going to go over 30 today but good news is it looks like by Thursday we are back into the cooler temps. I know some may not agree and I know the farmers almanac does not agree but I would totally be good with a cooler than normal summer.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Beautiful sunny day!

Yesterday afternoon I spent some time cleaning out my dresser and closet a bit and posted stuff for sale as I went I have a bunch of pick ups scheduled for today (of course a few want the same things so at least I have back up if no show)
    I will post more for sale in a bit.

I wrote out a "to do" list for today. Already started laundry. Told DS when he is finished school to come see me before he starts gaming. We are cleaning out the entrance closet. I see shoes that should be tossed. Then we can move all the winter jackets to the laundry room and I will wash them and then move them to our closets. Need to take advantage of this sunshine for drying heavy winter coats!

Meal plan for this week so far:

Sweet and sour meatballs with rice, green beans and ceaser salad
    Porkchops with perogies and green beans
    Stuffed pasta with sauce and garlic Naan bread

All stuff on hand that needs to be used up (pasta in freezer, open marinara sauce from making pizzas, lots of green beans in freezer)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Both sides of our front pathway area are filled with flowers and yet DH is out again searching for more....he claims he " needs " portulaca's and a bit of what we used as a 2" border called pinks. I declined the ride-a-long this time...he gets lost in those nurseries and I end up going back and sitting in the vehicle.
    I know, that is awful but he would never spend hours browsing in a yarn store with me....so ?? ha ha
    Update!

He came home with a perfect thing to fix my 2.5 inch border along the path on the one side. They are called Super Parfait Strawberry. Also he found 2 new and most interesting petunias! ( well new to me that is )

Name:  Petunias.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  147.4 KB

Name:  Petunia.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  120.3 KB

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by grinchyheart View Post
    @walkonby , I totally sympathize with your DH. My garden & borders have been terribly neglected over the last 2 years & now that my time is my own, I'm clearing out the overgrowth & making plans. If you can find them, might I suggest alpine strawberries dotted randomly through the border? They're very pretty plants & the tiny fruits are crazy delicious. I won't be planting much probably until next year when (I hope) the local garden clubs have their annual plant sales again.
    I'm making myself stay away from yarn & fabric stores until I make a dent in that stockpile lol.
    @grinchyheart ! My DH must have psychic abilities as he came back with some kind of a strawberry thing for the border.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/443454...6/#post7146140

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am changing up my budget. I have set some goals and switched some things.

One thing I always had was a "clothing account" for my boys. Put money away monthly so it was there when needed. My oldest takes care of his own clothing now (I do buy him stuff for Christmas and birthdays ) and the youngest has ton of clothing and wears a uniform to school (when he actually goes in class). He really doesn't need anything for the rest of the year at least. I was going to stop putting money in at a certain amount but just looked and it actually has $100 more then I thought! So I'm going to transfer $5.92 this next pay and then start my own clothing fund. I don't plan on going crazy but I do need new running shoes soon (I try and change them frequently since I do a lot of walking and you should change the if you do) I never really had my own clothing budget I just bought what I needed and took the money from misc. or my fun money.
    I've started a bunch of new sinking funds and I'm really excited to start them
    walkonby, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow this is where technology is needed .I needed to send a picture of my finger to my doctor ,no email just a number .Well i tried .it didnt work and hubby has an old cell phone ,so my son said to send it to him and he would forward it to my doctor .

This morning since 5 can be outside we went to see ashlyn and cara ,as my dear son is taking a bit of time from his work to home school ashlyn .I cried as i havent seen them in a month i am sure other than on a tablet .On the break from school we walked with the girls on their bikes for a bit .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$48 in sales today. Third pick up on the way but she already sent an e-transfer. Motivated to keep posting!
    Will go out in the garage for a bit once done work for the day.

Almost done the laundry. Did 4 loads. Just have a small amount to put away and then fold the towels. Happy to have that done.

Cooked the porkchops for DS's dinner. He can make a salad with it later I decided.
    We will have a veggie burger and fries while watching the game tonight. Always eat late on game day!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@walkonby they are gorgeous. I never have luck with petunias, but that purple and yellow combo is divine.
    Dinner was steak I did not cook last night and chicken breast for me. I was just beat after work so was happy for easy. I just realized I forgot to order my sons grad photos so that on the plan for Wednesday when I order his grad sign since he has no ceremony. So instead I will announce we are done being parents of high schoolers with a sign. Even though he is going back to upgrade a few marks next year.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I believe today is supposed to be hot again. Yesterday was warm but I did not find it unbearable, we had a nice breeze which made it not feel as hot. This morning there is also a nice breeze coming in the back of the house so the windows are open getting in as much cool air as possible.

With that being said early in the morning I cleaned the kitchen floor but that was it. Once you got up and started to move around you felt how hot it was. This is the part of summer I dislike when it gets too warm to get things done. Happy to see we cool off for the end of the week, I think our high Friday is like 12.

Had trouble sleeping last night but forced myself o get up with my first alarm, what do they say, it takes 21 days to make it a habit?

One day this week after work I need to run some errands but I gotta be honest, I keep putting it off. But Mom still does not have her car back, next week it will officially be 2 months since she had her car. So she cannot run the errands. I do need to do some shopping, we do not need a lot just mainly items we cannot get at Costco as well as a few more fresh items.

On the weekend I went to cut up two cucumbers and they were weird and I ended up throwing them out. The first one when I cut into there were pinkish/orange marks through the middle of the whole cucumber. The second one looked fine but when I peeled it it has pinkish/brown marks under the skin so in the garbage that went. So I will need to get some more cucumbers.

Time to get focused and get some things done before today's meeting starts.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I understand our stores not selling non-essentials did it mean less people in stores, not going to debate that but I have to admit right now, I am a little frustrated.

In the past 2 days I have tried to order a couple of things that are non-essential, I really need more tops. I have 2 tank tops for summer both should go to fabric recycling they have outlived their life span and I also need more long sleeve t-shirt type tops for the cooler days. Every website I have checked does not have anything basic and simple, these shirts are to wear around the house, I do not want glitter or sparkles or beads, I just want basic tops. All of them I cannot order online and recommend checking in store for better selection, um ok.

Then I need a simple piece of light fabric in white or a light colour that I can use to diffuse light when I am filming. Again ever website I check tells me to check in store to confirm selection available. As a last resort I checked amazing, WOW super expensive and you cannot buy a small quantity, they are all minimum a meter which I do not need.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Looks like it rained earlier this morning. Dark and gray outside right now.

My guy is restoring the canoe (it just needed a paint job) To hire someone to do it would cost $800. He paid $70 for the can of paint and already has sanded it and the 1st coat on. He had done a really good job and he said wasn't that hard. Now the can of paint will be ready for a new coat next year if needed.

I have a $5 pick up today. The lady told me last night she was sending the etransfer. I woke up this morning and see she sent it at 3:59am lol.

Today- finish up the laundry. Put all away. All my yoga pants/capris should be dry.
    Food basics for romaine lettuce.
    I'm not putting pressure on myself today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I understand our stores not selling non-essentials did it mean less people in stores, not going to debate that but I have to admit right now, I am a little frustrated.

In the past 2 days I have tried to order a couple of things that are non-essential, I really need more tops. I have 2 tank tops for summer both should go to fabric recycling they have outlived their life span and I also need more long sleeve t-shirt type tops for the cooler days. Every website I have checked does not have anything basic and simple, these shirts are to wear around the house, I do not want glitter or sparkles or beads, I just want basic tops. All of them I cannot order online and recommend checking in store for better selection, um ok.

Then I need a simple piece of light fabric in white or a light colour that I can use to diffuse light when I am filming. Again ever website I check tells me to check in store to confirm selection available. As a last resort I amazing, WOW super expensive and you cannot buy a small quantity, they are all minimum a meter which I do not need.
    The only good thing about non-essential things not being available for me is not spending money. I can't be bothered to try and purchase stuff for curbside pick up. The only thing I want is the big balls at Walmart for my friends twins. Wonder if I just call my local store and ask if I can buy 2? Not sure if it has to be done online. Oh well maybe by the time I need them I can get them.

So question. When is the non-essential stuff suppose to be available? I have looked at all the info and not sure what date Stage 1 could start?
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 26th, 2021 at 10:05 AM.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just decided tonight we are having steak and shrimp for dinner. Asked the youngest if he wanted that for dinner and he asked if we can play poker tonight lol. He told me yesterday that he thinks a man should know how to play hahaha! We played last year and he had fun. So I told him to text his brother to tell him and his GF to make sure they plan to eat dinner here.
    Pulled a bunch of steaks from the freezer. Shrimp is thawing in fridge. Will make steak, garlic shirmp, baked potato and ceaser salad.
    Making eggs and toast now for breakfast and won't eat till dinner so I'm hungry. I haven't been eating big at all the past few days. Just not feeling overly hungry.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 (((Hugs on the passing of your MIL.))) Very sad to read about the staff not doing the check-ins more often.
    Skippy, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@lilo0003 the past two weeks + of tree pollen has me wishing I could chop down at least 2-3 trees! I'm not thrilled with the constant golden powder or bits or curly tails of stuff landing on my line laundry on breezy days.
    @Giseledta _helps for Beer Store returns to know how many cans you are returning in a bag if a big bundle and staff will usually give you a trash can to empty your cans directly into it. Local store limits customers to 3 inside, socially distanced.. Have noticed staffing seems cut back to 2 (one on till, other in back sorting or sometimes assisting with product pushed out to front). Helps to have loose bottles sorted by type in your own bins or store bins-have a count ready to speed the returns process. Full beer bottle boxes can be returned as usual. MIght be worth scoring a cart from store for your large empties return before you queue up outside the store.
    @SassyAshley -fabric-have you checked to see if The Bay has any sale pair of pillowcases that suit the purpose for diffusing lighting? Smaller thread count allows more light but given how thin cotton has become of late, you may still get good results with 300+ thread count pillowcases.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information