User Tag List

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mail yesterday-real estate flyers and Marks mailer card about tomorrow's Friends and Family sale (must use code to get the deals).
    Last week, i had two thank you cards land in the mailbox-I was so thrilled! Plus the wrapped Moneysaver flyers had the recent coupon brochure inside with Vileda, Ziploc and a few other coupons.

Today Mom was mentioning the card to me-she wants another pair of runners and I told her that the last pair was seen at Sportchek.ca last month and they are gone. I will look at Marks.com but know I did that a few weeks ago without success. BTW, Marks had Jockey underwear on sale during the MOthers Day weekend sale, first time to my knowledge..

Nordstrom.ca has a Half-yearly sale on until May 30. NOticed that some of Miles Baby spring/summer apparel (tie-dye dresses for girls) is on sale! Sales in Womens, Mens and other dept. Dont miss out.

Bro left his computer open last night (yes, I surfed during his absence for a short bit) and I still have access today!

I decided to tackle cleaning the eaves early this morning. My back is complaining from the ladder handling. One side of the house had a fairly full eave and task was done by time the heavier second rain landed after 8am. I poured some soapy water at one or both ends of each eave to loosen the sediment and lingering needles/debris. Ate some of bros snacks for recovery reasons.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Bay has a FLASH sale today online for Bedding & Bath items.
    https://www.thebay.com/c/home/beddin...ts-pillowcases

Bed Bath & Beyond has some pillowcases on clearance or sale right now
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/stor...owcases/24714/

Simons.ca BEdding sale items
    https://www.simons.ca/en/home-decor/sale/bedroom--sale-6785

I am miss thrift store shopping. Hope stores reopen on June 2.

Yesterday, I tossed out one of the two pillows purchased in Mar 2021 at the Bay. Its too flat now. Thinking of buying a more pricey pillow this summer. Yes, I saw the custom pillow segment on Shark Tank via Youtube.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, May 26th, 2021 at 12:35 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama right now the earliest for Non-Essentials to reopen would be June 14th when we move into phase 1 but that date is not set in stone.

Well that was fun, I was in the middle of my morning training session and I lost power but now only did we lose power out cell phones also went down. I could hear a bunch of my neighbours outside yelling cell phones aren't working either which let me know it wasn't just me. Now I have to scramble and re arrange my schedule this week to get everything in.

I am waiting for a manager to call me as my boss phoned to let me know it has been requested the I do training in person next week. That might put a crimp in my plans as I have a jammed packed schedule next week and if I have to move everyone around it is going to throw things off for me. If I have to rebook everyone else it will be a scheduling nightmare.

I still need to figure out dinner, I am not really craving anything.
    Skippy, Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nice to see you still posting Ciel. Wishing you the best summer possible and sending only positive vibes your way.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -i feel the same as you i need t-shirts for the cooler days ,online they dont seem to have l or xl in sizes or they are too low cut ,shortie style seems to be in (dont want that).So i am happy wearing my 2 new dresses i got 2 months ago at old navy $15 each with a light alia thin 3/4 length cardigan .

ceil -nice to see you back online .Yes the pollen was soo intense the last week ,all over the car.

So off i went to rexall this morning to get my pills ,yes i am on a strong medication for the infection i have .It may cause diaharria or stomach cramps but still power thru said the pharmacist.lol

I got a few clearance items in rexall .-dental floss ,face mask for in with daughter-in-law's b-day gift .

Then over to goodness me i got 2 bunches of organic broccoli 2/3.00,some lovely peaches and pears soo fresh plus ace brioche bagels 3.99-40%=2.39 soo nice . I made another $10.00 from my puzzle from kijiji yesterday .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, May 26th, 2021 at 05:02 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Frugalbigmama right now the earliest for Non-Essentials to reopen would be June 14th when we move into phase 1 but that date is not set in stone.

Well that was fun, I was in the middle of my morning training session and I lost power but now only did we lose power out cell phones also went down. I could hear a bunch of my neighbours outside yelling cell phones aren't working either which let me know it wasn't just me. Now I have to scramble and re arrange my schedule this week to get everything in.

I am waiting for a manager to call me as my boss phoned to let me know it has been requested the I do training in person next week. That might put a crimp in my plans as I have a jammed packed schedule next week and if I have to move everyone around it is going to throw things off for me. If I have to rebook everyone else it will be a scheduling nightmare.

I still need to figure out dinner, I am not really craving anything.
    thank-you!
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good evening everyone! Haven't been around as much as I'd like as I don't function well with the humidity. Now that I am on my body is rebelling so need to be concise.
    Meals have all been nuked leftovers, oven not on for sometime now. Looking forward to cooler temperatures.
    Encouraging to see @Ciel21 online. Hoping to be the blessing to her that she has been to so many!
    We're in this thread and SC world together.Everyone plays a part and it's great to be able to do so with others who not only just share but care! The world needs more of it!
    Blessings my friends as gotta sign off.
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -towels hung out ,hubby told me he doesnt care for towels hung outside -too rough.My comment oh well.

I just sanded a small coffee table (outdoor and hubby will use left over paint to paint it )
    Made a smoothie and staying close to home while on these pills.

Enjoying the cooler weather this morning ,but sneezing a lot -allergies will be bad this year.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Beautiful sunny day here today.

My mom texted me this morning asking for help. She has thrown her back out...again. Did a few things for her and have her shopping list I will pick up when I'm done work. I have the get 3000 PC pts when you spend $20 on produce. I will be able to hit that shopping for my mom. Will grab 3 watermelons for sure. I also have personal pc pts for bananas, strawberries and peppers. Will be easy points!

I had a $1 porch pick up Every $1 adds up. Will delete my adds and repost later today with hopefully some pick ups for tomorrow.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

May those watermelons be sweet and juicy ones, @Frugalbigmama ! Perfect item to have on hand this month.

Body is shrieking the joys of moving ladders i.e. nap mandatory today.

Last night, did a beer store run and Shoppers shop. Had found out I had a spend $50 on WED and get a free frozen entree (up to $10 value) offer so yes I shopped for food bank donations plus a few items for me. Got PC chicken strips for the $5.99 value (on sale-the Janes strips were $12.99 so not eligible) and free! At checkout, the cashier was telling customer ahead of me something about the rain and that's when I realized the downpour in progress! Two minutes after cashing out, the rain stopped and a rainbow appeared. Dropped off my bags at Food Basics and headed home. Noticed the humidity rising on the walk. Checked the splashblocks and more debris had washed out of the eaves.

Doing a fast and furious Internet session. Got the weekly paper this morning and 3 of 5 grocery flyers were inside. Will do a fast glance at shoes on Marks site then carry on. Enjoy Ms Sunshine and Mr Cool Wind today!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well popped out quick to No Frills. 4 watermelons (1 for my mom) bananas (just 3 they were ripe) raspberries, pineapple (FREE with SCOP!) pears (PM FB) Had to grab the few bananas since I was at $19.80 with the fruit. Noticed after I paid that the pineapple rang in at $2.97 not the $1.97 posted. Got a refund after which was nice. Received the 3000 PC PTS and now we have watermelon and other fresh fruit into next week.

Now I should make a batch of my dogs treats since I have bananas now.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, May 27th, 2021 at 02:45 PM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A batch of my dog's homemade cookies are in the oven I use coconut flour but geez its hard to roll out. I may need to try another alternative.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby wanted a square planter for our front veranda ,so found one at fortinos garden centre 50% reg 50.00 on for $25 because one part one plant had died ,so bought another small one to put in around the flowing flowers and vines .Used my p.c points and paid 10.00
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Have the coffee brewing and I just cut up the biggest ripest pineapple in the world Yum! Gave DS a big bowl now too.
    The rest will go in the fridge for his brother. Both love it. I just started eating it a year or two ago. I've always bought it for them just didn't think I liked it.

Day is starting off cloudy, windy and damp looking. Hopefully the sun comes out like it did yesterday.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, May 28th, 2021 at 10:38 AM.
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The canoe looks like new! He did an amazing job painting it! And he is giving the can of paint and brushes to a friend to repaint his canoe since it is the same colour.
    Will let it dry for a week and then hope to take it out next weekend.
    coupon girl likes this.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information