User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    It has been snowing on and off all morning, Canadian Weather LOL.

I kind of feel like the weather is matching my mood. I am stressed and overwhelmed, I am supposed to be moving things off my plate so I can focus on my job instead of all of the other little tasks I have picked up over the years. This is not happened, instead if seems like everytime I try to take something off my plate it is rejected and I am told it is best for me to keep this job on my plate now we are adding more on.

I was told they needed me to go into the branch for a week, spoke to the manager who is now request a month minimum. Good news is I did not fall apart (i have been known to have that happen lately, I am so overwhelmed I just fall apart) but it has been beyond stressed. I laid out everything that is on my plate and he agrees a month would be a challenge but the request did not go to him they went to my Dad. So now I am waiting, my boss is talking to my Dad today and is going to try to find a better alternative. I really really really want to be hopeful but sadly history repeats itself and I feel like they will come back "okay we understand but for the time being come help, don't worry about the other stuff." Which sounds good but the issue all the other stuff isn't off my plate I still have to get it done just well I am in the branch I will not be pushed or given timelines for what I need to get done. Then when I am out of the branch I will have to play catch up and get it all done.

It sucks I try to always be there for our staff to help but there is just so much on my plate right now I feel like I cannot think straight.

Yesterday I took Mom run to a few errands after work. We got everything done. Not sure what happened but after contacting head office and complaining about how long her car is taking it is magically ready 2 days after she complained. Now I have to find a way to fit taking her to get her car into my day and she is not happy because I suggested we wait until Monday.

I would really like to crawl under my desk and hide but that is not an option because I also found out yesterday I get to work this weekend. Turns out something we thought we could easily upload we cannot and it needs to be done manually, so yeah, I get to work this weekend.

Happy Friday everyone
    Giseledta likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

MIL is decluttering (finally!) Received a shopping bag full of fancy shampoos/conditioners and body was for the boys.
    I put all the stuff under the bathroom sink and will use it all up before venturing into the basement for our stockpile.
    I just tried one of the shampoo/conditioners and it smells fantastic. Will let my hair air dry and straighten it later.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning i was up at 6.00 a.m and out in the backyard by 8.15 a.m finished digging the grass and weeds inbetween my small river rocks,took and hour .So happy i got it done as now its too hot .

Hubby took car in as it was starting to make a loud sound the last 2 weeks ,it is ball bearing so $360 or something to that effect ,it will be done in a few hours .

Crafter i am glad i called sobeys even thou it was only $2.31 for the 3 corn ,i still believe i dont wish to waste my hard earned money on crappy fruit or veggies .Even the small whole mini watermelon i bought last week was tasteless from shoppers but i will use that in smoothies (i find watermelon sometimes hit or miss with taste.)
    Glad they took the noise seriously. When I had a front bearing going, a mechanic at Canadian Tire told me to just turn up the radio, when I heared the noise. Honest! I never returned back - another private mechanic found it after a test drive and fixed it. While it is costly, you will be safe.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Nice to see you still posting Ciel. Wishing you the best summer possible and sending only positive vibes your way.
    Yes it's wonderful that @Ciel is still posting. Her posts are so informative.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Glad they took the noise seriously. When I had a front bearing going, a mechanic at Canadian Tire told me to just turn up the radio, when I heared the noise. Honest! I never returned back - another private mechanic found it after a test drive and fixed it. While it is costly, you will be safe.
    Reminds me of the time my tire sensor light went on in my vehicle. I took it to the dealer and the girl told me she would show me how to turn it off. I told her that I wanted my tires checked as there was a reason the light came on. Yup- nail in my tire!!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW although we had a vehicle where even after they replaced the sensor it was always on, would not turn off. Freaked me out the first time I drove it as it came on as I just about to get on a 400 series highway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Reminds me of the time my tire sensor light went on in my vehicle. I took it to the dealer and the girl told me she would show me how to turn it off. I told her that I wanted my tires checked as there was a reason the light came on. Yup- nail in my tire!!
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    WOW although we had a vehicle where even after they replaced the sensor it was always on, would not turn off. Freaked me out the first time I drove it as it came on as I just about to get on a 400 series highway.
    My winter tire rims have the sensor detector on them but my sister had bought a brand new vehicle before they drove to Florida/Myrtle beach a few years ago and her winter tires didn't have the sensor so the light was always on. We flew down and I just used her vehicle while we there for the week and it was really annoying!!
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ugh I feel done for the day. I think everyone took the day off. No one is replying to emails.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I picked up a bag of my daughter-in-law's clothing today and a few of cara's clothing ,waved to the girls and off i went .If anything is to my liking i can keep it (daughter-in-law and i are about the same size large or xl .I will look and then if not needed will put in a box to donate when the time comes .

Bought garlic knots from a local bakery to have with our pasta tonight .Yucky day .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy Friday everyone!
    Well I started the day a little more enthusiastically than most. I put on shorts, tshirt and a light jacket when I walked my dog this morning...by the time I realized how awfully cold it was, there was no point in returning to change. I'll simply chalk it up to my version of a polar bear walk.
    Returned and gave the dog a bath, took my weekly pics of veggies etc. (I post on fb weekly but it really helps to track how long things take etc). Peas and beans are up and cucs and zucchinis are flowering.
    Used my rowing machine with the ifit app (ps they offer a free one month trial) I absolutely love the outdoor trainer sessions. I've only just started but I'm using the rowing and walking/yoga/mindfulness ones. Today is the first day that I've finished a full rowing session..26 mins. Using my cell phone on the ifit app, I followed a guy who was rowing along a river in Africa with the threat of crocodiles and hippos. To think I worry about finding a spider on my machine in the basement lol. Anyways, I know I'll be sore tomorrow but I don't want my mobility issues to worsen so time to work harder.
    Ukelele sessions on zoom this afternoon
    Now enjoying music with DH and the dog in the basement.
    Will have a later dinner.

Enjoy your evening! Cheers!
    Last edited by crafter; Fri, May 28th, 2021 at 06:09 PM.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well went thru my daughter-in-laws clothing nothing for me -a lot of it was large size ,may keep a pair of cotton shorts to sleep in we will see .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Mom has her car back, she is happy.

I do not have to work this weekend, they put a pause on the project I need to work. I am good with not working this weekend but if I have to work in a branch I just have my fingers crossed that it does not become a project again or I will not get it done in a timely manner.

Did not hear back from my boss so he forgot to call me (it has happened especially on Fridays) or Dad said he would talk to me next week and we shall see. This might sound extremely odd but I honestly feel like at times my Dad avoids me. It is like if we do not address it, it is not an issue. Kind of like me being removed from my work group and not knowing it and everyone just pretending the meetings were on hold.

Since I thought I was working this weekend I had not worked on my to-do-list so now I need to work on these and also if I am going into a branch I need to start packing food again, grrrrr. That is one thing I do not miss is packing food for work.

Dinner tonight was Chicken Souvlaki Bowls with a Greek Salad but sad, I just opened my brand new tub of Feta from Costco and the top was all mold, that will be going back.

Need to find some recipes I can bake tomorrow, I have apples and Bananas to use up.

Have a great night everyone.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I slept in until 7:30 so I got up got ready and was at No Frills when they opened.

I went to Food Basics earlier in the week but some of their prices were a bit high and there were a couple things they did not have. Surprising No Frills had a lot of bare shelves today so I was not able to get everything on my list and might have to go back later in the week as a couple of these items we need. Also need to go to Costco to return that moldy Feta. Maybe since Mom has a car again I can get her to go.

I think because it was so chilly yesterday No Frills had their heat on, I was so hot and sweating so when I got home I took a shower originally I had planned to wait until after I got some stuff done around the house.

I bought a bunch of produce this week so today's plan is to get it all processed plus I think I want to do some baking. So sounds like it will be a Kitchen day.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Went to SDM to pick up my cheap eggs offer.

Curbside free stuff I saw post last night so decided to pop by. 4 mason jars with lids and about 50 good hangers!

Was cleaning the garage and posting stuff for sale and saw a free at curbside post. Was around the corner so went and got a 7 beer glasses (boys like them for the size) and a food sealer with tons of packages etc. For free I will try it out!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to shoppers i went spend 50.05 before tax and got 50 times the points
    Stocked up[ on gain laundry soap 3.99 bought 4 had points offer so worked out to 12.96=3.24 each
    plus popcorn and chips etc

Posting a few more clothing items ,i keep looking at the free items but none around my area on kijiji.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information