User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes i always shop sobeys in ontario and it is out west only for the 15% off discount-i have inquired at my store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

one of my dc kids broke a chair. it is a very specific chair, as i have 4 other identical ones.. i was tagged in a post from a person i know.. and managed to get 2 chairs anda table for 30.00 !!! i am very very happy. i may sell the table.. not sure...
    i dont really need 2 tables.. the extra chair i will keep . ... hmmm.

we have a bit of heat coming up in the next week..... need to adjust the menu..... might make some salads to go with
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Working from home today, I am feeling so behind. Exactly what I thought would happen did happen, being in a branch I am getting pulled into day to day stuff and not getting my stuff done. So I said I needed today to just be me and work from home.

So much that needs to get done around the house but it is supposed to get pretty hot this weekend so it may not happen. This is the downside to summer with no AC, you have to plan around the weather.

Also need to figure out meals we can make using the slow cooker, instant pot or air fryer.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning and TGIF!!! Very cloudy and overcast here at the moment.

Going to power through my work stuff. Organize my work space.

I have a $15 porch pick up at noon. She sent an e-transfer yesterday so will transfer it to my travel account. I'm so close to my target. Think I will post like crazy this weekend so I can hopefully hit it by next Friday!!

House- Cleaning out fridge now and doing the dishes. Next- Dining room needs a quick once over.
    Clean laundry to put away. Bring all birthday gifts to dining room to deliver this weekend.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today did not go as planned but let's be real here how many do, at least for me it is rare.

I got all the work stuff done, yippee. But my house stuff not so much. My plan was to get the hand dishes and the bathroom cleaned before it get hot over the weekend. I got the dishes done but bathroom did not happen.

I am a bit annoyed that this weekend is going to be so warm as I had a had planned a total tackle of the house type of weekend. I wasn't going to take on anything major but just a lot of little things that need to be done.

Given that it looks like most of next week is going to be hot I think I am going to plan Instant Pot and Air Fryer. I have some Slow Cooker ones but I am not sure what my schedule will look like for this week so not sure if the slow cooker will be an option.

I would really like to make a bunch of Salad for quick sides this week but my fridge is super full and I am not sure why.

Mom did go to Costco today she got:
    Replacement Feta
    Roasted Chicken to eat well it is hot
    Harvest Crunch - On Sale
    Ice Cream Sandwiches - On Sale
    Naan x 2 - I asked for some to make Naan pizza so she got the ones I normally buy plus a different kind she thinks will fit better in the Air Fryer
    Cucumber Poppers - Mom cannot eat cucumbers they give her Heartburn but the cucumber poppers don't
    Asparagus - On Sale

Catching up on some PVR tonight well I do some work, another mass upload/download situation this week, second time this week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday night
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I ran to Costco after work as I had a set of garden lights to return and once things open up returns will be nuts. I have been holding onto these for months because in the beginning they were only selling online and then added lots of things to the garden centre so over 50.00 bank in my account. I bought a few groceries and the Nutrigena sunscreen was on super cheap but I will never use 4 tubes so I will sell 2 on Facebook. Not sure what’s on the agenda for the weekend.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I ran to Costco after work as I had a set of garden lights to return and once things open up returns will be nuts.
    I find that the Returns-line at my local CostCo to always be insanely long. It is so bad that if there is any chance that I might need to return something, I simply forgo the purchase altogether, in order to never suffer the return process (or else be ready to just eat the cost.)

Can it be so bad across the entire system or is just my store as an anomaly?
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@HermanH there was no return line today but normally it’s stupidly long. They will only accept essentials for returns so even if you order online they won’t take it back now so I am sure that why it was quick. With a return and my shopping I was still, done in 30 minutes and no line to get in. As soon as they can sell essentials it will be a zoo, in Ontario all the non essentials are blocked off for at least another 10 days.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My last live class with my students is June 18. Students can get some extra help for a couple school days after that. Lots of paperwork and meetings for teachers at the end of this school year. We need to have our end of year report cards ready and submitted by June 27.

One by of Dh’s and my long time friends has Covid and is currently self isolating. We have been maintains a small bubble, so we had not been in contact with him.

I made a list of 15 meal ideas that we could use over the next couple of weeks. The freezer is full from my recent deals. I’ll finish planting the vegetable garden this weekend. I usually plant May long weekend, but that was during a week of big rains. I wasn’t feeling well last weekend, so I didn’t get it planted then either. Peas amd zucchinis are currently planted and require extra watering during our current heat advisory. It was +30 at 10am this morning. We’ve already harvested chives and red rhubarb.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Part of me was planning to do nothing this weekend but I woke up with energy and ambition this morning so I think I am going to come up with a Hot Weather Meal Prep. Not only will we limit the use of our stove and oven but I also find when it gets this warm you do not want a big heavy meal.

There are a couple slow cooker meals I want to try but that is going to depend on my schedule. The manager wants me in the branch full time this week but my issue is I have 7 staff members in other locations that also need my time and being in the branch, it is so hard to pull away from the day to day. Even if someone is like okay you focus on your work right now, things happens and you get pulled in.

I think I am going to do veggie and fruit prep, during hot weather I like to just snack on fruits and veggies and kind of snack through the day vs eating "meals"

Time to get a plan and get to work, going to take it slow hopefully won't be too hot and I can knock it out.

Have a great day everyone and for all who are heat waves, keep cool.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Set-up a fan, drank tons of water and took quite a few breaks but got a ton done today.

I started with some basic Veggie prep, we needed more Romaine cut up, cucumbers for salad, re packaged some cucumbers poppers chopped some green onions, zucchini and mushrooms for some upcoming dishes.

I made a batch of Instant Pot Rice to go with a dish I am making for lunches this week. Then I decided to make the dish also done in the Instant Pot which is called Instant Pot Chicken Hibachi. These are packaged and in the fridge for lunches this week.

Had some apples to use so I made an Apple Crisp in the Slow Cooker (eating a bowl as I types this), it is good but a little different from the baked version.

Then it was time for dinner, we ate part of the Chicken Mom got from Costco and on the side I made Instant Pot Warm Baked Potato Salad and a Cucumber, Tomato and Bocconcini with Balsamic Dressing Salad.

I still need to do some fruit prep for the week but I am happy with what I got done so far. There is always tomorrow for the fruit.

I also got both of the Air Conditioners set up in our bedrooms so we can use those tonight. Putting in AC this year is not an option so another summer with no AC. If I ever get the chance to move again AC is going to be a must for me.

Think it is time to relax and maybe spend some time on Pinterest see what recipes I can find for the week. My plan is to mainly rely on the Instant Pot & Air Fryer, since I am not sure of my schedule this week slow cooker meals may not be an option. I do have a few lighter slow cooker meals saved to try this summer.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My NF trip this evening.
    our location had $0.50 cucumbers and $1 celery. I bought some for our sitter too.

$56.28oop
    $1 CO51
    $0.25 Eclipsa
    $2 coup
    $10 redeemed in points
    4,800pts earned
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Still need to do my fruit prep but first I need to figure why my fridge is so full. I mean we yes we we went shopping last week but I do not feel like we have that much food for how full my fridge is.

Dinner tonight will be Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken, I almost didn't make because you have to sear the chicken first but I figure if I use our skillet which I already need for the side dish, why not, it is the weekend and the recipe looks really good. On the side I am making Air Fryer Asparagus, we have so much Asparagus we got 2 bunches at Food Basics when it was one sale, we used about 1 bunch and then when Mom went Costco they had it on sale so she bought a big Costco Package. Then I will take some leftover pasta and reheat it with some Butter, Spices and Parm and because I can I am also making a Greek Salad.

I need to tidy up the kitchen, the only thing with using gadgets to cook is it leads to a lot of dishes. We ran the dishwasher last night which made our house pretty warm after dinner. It is wrong that it is our first heatwave and I am already counting down to when it will end LOL? I just dislike when it is this warm and you see things that need to be done but something as simple as washing dishes makes you sweat. Good news is we do have the portable AC units in the bedroom and it was so nice sleeping last night, I actually got a little cold.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday and all of those living areas with heat waves happening, keep cool.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon ,yes it is too hot ,yesterday i socially distanced in my son's backyard ,so good to see the girls (granddaughter's).My son had his second needle yesterday around 2.30 .I called him just now and he said he had a mild headache this morning that is all.

Hung my laundry out and thats it i will work on my puzzle .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

spending the day moving slow and getting house work done.
    I will definatly need to water plants tonight.

ad spend some time working on some dc stuff.

tomorrow is my youngrest daughters birthday. she is turning 19....

a loose menu is planned for the next 3 weeks ish

we have lots of heat coming for the next few weeks. ...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information