User Tag List

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 you are brave going to Costco.

I heard one of the York Region stores on Friday had a 2 hour line-up to get in and it was so busy they had to rope off clothing and limit people going into clothing and it was another 1 hour wait to get into clothing.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First drops of rain fell around 7am, then a light rain became steadier>near downpour for about 40min or so this morning. Good soak for the plants and grass! I had set the recycling box outside and taken green bin bag and garbage to their outdoor containers. Have to empty the recycling from the kitchen container later as well.

The last watermelon is still sweet but has started to get mushy streaks. Not bad, considering this melon spent about two weeks in the basement! We ate the strawberries Mom bought and some of my grapes. Have to remember to get the blueberries out tomorrow so they don't get forgotten in the fridge.

I think I found a pj short set I can live with for summer on Indigo's website. Seems some cotton or linen sleep/loungewear is 30% off. I expect the fabric to be tissue thin but the under $40 price for cotton is bearable to me. Will see if the print I want is still on the rack when I go with my friend to pick up my book order later in the week.

The plan today is to check which of my kitchen towels are ready to go to the textile drive. Some of last year's buys are streaky or have holes-candidates to leave the house.

Last night, I think I came across an online indication that someone in the extended family may have purchased a Hamilton home or at least knows the house's previous owner (they both attended the same secondary school in Halton area at different times-what are the odds?). However, the location does not make sense in relation that that someone's place of work (access to hwy will be something else). Random outcomes of Google searches...

Before I commit to buying a specially marked Pepsi drink for this week's contest entry, I'll get my Lotto Max ticket first and wait to see if it scares up a cash prize on Wed. Otherwise, I'll limit myself to one beverage purchase per week just to ensure I get an entry for the main draw. Not really keen on the water prizes-might like the hat or free product coupons as instant wins.

Today might be ideal for getting some walls and cupboard doors wiped down. And mending things-my Uniqlo pants let one hem out during the Saturday wash cycle, so I need to repair that today.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Two headlines spotted on the local morning show:

Milestones restaurants are being sold to a Quebec entity.

Ontario road tests for G2 and G graduates resume today.

On Breakfast Television, one of the morning anchors was able to book her second vaccine shot appt before 8am today for Friday afternoon this week-talk about fast on the online portal!

Public library news for e-book readers-I noticed that London Public Library (joined in May) and Ottawa Public Library (not sure when it joined HPL) now appear in the Partner Libraries drop-down list if a person is looking for e-books on the Hamilton Public Library site. That means customers from 5 libraries can access each other library's e-books or place them on holds. YAY! I'll check for a couple of titles I just eyed on Indigo but know they are not in my local library.

If you spot Ms. Sunshine, tell her to dry out Hamilton today...thanks!
    *LCBO's next Food & Drink issue is due to be released on June 30 (mark your calendars).*
    Last edited by Ciel21; Mon, Jun 14th, 2021 at 10:52 AM.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Today is a day, I did not sleep well and my anxiety is through the roof, never a good mix. I am trying so hard to focus but it is not coming easy.

Good news is because I have to get up and move cause I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin:
    Pork Roast is in the Slow Cooker
    All dishes are done
    Simple Tidy up of the Kitchen done

Doesn't seem like a lot but some days you have to take the little wins.

To go with the Pork Roast I have some Rice I will cook up with some Veggies as a side dish. The roast will make it's own sauce we can pour over the rice.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just entered Alberta's vaccine lotto. Why not have a chance at 3, 1 million dollar prizes for something I was doing anyway.
    Giseledta, Purdee, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -i made home made soup out for the chicken i bought sat at sobeys .
    I went to book my second shot thru the portal just now as i was out this morning (we may try the moderna or phizer ) but there was no appts available in our city .May try later tuesday or later this week.
    Do they make more appts as they go along when they get the stock in .?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl it depends what portal you are using. We had multiple family members logged into multiple portals this morning to get everyone who qualified appointments.

The Ontario Portal updates daily but they are currently booking for July.

My brother's gf was using our region portal and got appointments for later this week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am ... nervous about the stage 1 of reopeing... honestly, it dosnt feel llike stage 1. if feels... more. ...
    i am activly putting limits on what i do . i let my dc families know i am not ready for climbers yet. numbers need to be lower. .. i have no information on if this is going to spread to the kids .. since the adults are getting vaccinated. i have worries. i am giving myself 4 ish weeks, and will reevaluate.
    adding ,, people near me are acting like full on stage 3.
    i really hope this does not end badly.

ok,
    i am working on 3 presents for the dads for fathers day. 1 is nearly done. 2nd will be done tomorrow. 3rd on wednessday
    i also am starting on a small crochet project. once i have it done, i want to work on a bigger one for the fall. i think it will help my anxsiity to focus on something. i really do hope the reopen goes smoothly... really really do ...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just called my girlfriend and wished her a happy birthday she is 67 and she told me she called the phone number and booked and got her shot for wednesday in our city -she called 2 days ago .Nice so i will try the phone number on tuesday .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl DH and I have our second shot on Friday in Hamilton at a location downtown but it will be AZ. I was not keen to mix. I will message you the link in case you want to try. DS1 is still feeling a little off but it’s improving.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

me too, a free chance to win 1 million dollars is nice
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I just entered Alberta's vaccine lotto. Why not have a chance at 3, 1 million dollar prizes for something I was doing anyway.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Giseledta I am with, all of this has my anxiety up. I am still limiting what I am doing and my interactions with people but find it hard because it feels like people are judging my choices.

I am happy to see things open up and I do hope we are making the right choices but myself personally I have my boundaries.

I have my second shot tomorrow, I could not get the site to work but somehow bro's gf got in and was able to book for me. Mom also has her second shot tomorrow, thanks again to bro's gf but we were not able to get appointments together which is fine because she has her car back.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Today is going to be a split day, I will spend the morning in the office and afternoon at home. Today will be full of challenges so I can move staff into their next phase of training, then I have to book the training.

Feeling super tired today, it is the crash after my anxiety yesterday.

I have my second shot tomorrow. I will closish to Costco so I might drive by and see how insane the line is. I do not need any non-essentials but they have both mine and my Mom's vitamins on sale so I would not mind grabbing a couple more bottles to have on hand. Since we both take them daily I like to keep an extra bottle or two on hand plus Costco is by far the best place to buy them $$$ wise especially if they are on sale.

Last night's Brown Sugar Sesame Pork Loin was a hit, Mom said so far it is the best Pork recipe I have made. The flavours were amazing and it was so tender.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery so far. Everything I have come up with for dinner tonight would be served with Rice but we had Rice last night and I like to mix it up. So we shall see what I come up with. Maybe something with Pasta, I have an Instant Pot Chicken Bruschetta recipe I want to try or I have everything on hand to make Spinach and Ricotta Pasta bake, just need to pull the spinach from the freezer.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes thanks lilo for the link -we booked our second shot thursday we are 10 weeks in from our first at the same centre as you i imagine.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I always forget how I shouldn't come to this thread before supper as it always makes me hungry! Looking forward to whatever it is as had migraine for most of the day so haven't eaten much. I thought I finally got over it but the glow from the screen is bothering me so perhaps not 100%
    Concerns about reopening are understandable.It's been a long time since we've all experienced "normal". I believe a gradual reopening will help us all in that we only need to deal with change in bits and pieces which hopefully allows us to not become overwhelmed.
    In the name of frugality DW bought the Pepsi that was on C.O.51. Lo and behold Freshco charged the regular price so ended up getting full refund with SCOP and a case of Pepsi Zero for free! Tasted fine but not as good as Pepsi Throwback IMO.
    Stay safe and well my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information